1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My business down from 80.000$ a month to 45.000$ and getting down

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FilipStan, Nov 6, 2014.

When you party too much and forget you have a business that needs your atention this is what happens.But when the traffic is the same but conversion went down to almost 50% what this means? I try to understand whats the problem. October earnings are almost half from september . The same sites the same traffic ...but lower conversions.
    Why my conversions went so low since nothing changed on my site?

FilipStan, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It could be a reflection of what's going on with the economy world-wide. People (that includes advertisers) are trying to spend their money more wisely.

By the way you didn't mention what type of conversions you have. Are you selling products? If you are then reducing the price on your products may bump your conversions up somewhat.

If your main source of income is something like AdSense, there's really very little you can do.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    qwikad.com, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  3. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    What is your website about? Maybe you can show us and we will be able to help identify the problem.

usemyteam, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm reading this as $80,000 to $45,000.. if so, that's a big red flag. You need to start digging a little deeper in to your stats, advertising and content.

If it's $80 to $45 then it sounds like a normal fluctuation.

NetStar, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  5. Laurent Vimont

Laurent Vimont Peon

Best Answers:
    It can depend on the economy and the changes in the market. However, that is still a big decrease.

Laurent Vimont, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  6. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Usually, I get lower conversions during the summer. October is usually better than September, and this year made no exception. If you don't tell us more about your business we can't help you. The economy is recovering, the dollar is strong, so I don't think market has a big influence, but it also depends on what you sell. Do your customers really need what you are providing ?

Also, even if the traffic stayed almost the same, check traffic sources. Maybe traffic from one better converting source decreased, while the traffic from a low converting source rose.

You are making $85,000 a month from your website and you don't use conversion tracking ?

thedark, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  7. swaggerer

swaggerer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll never understand why people expect their numbers to constantly remain the same. My sales lower this time of year, too. It could be your influx. Is this your first running them and making those levels of profit? Are you using any conversion tracking software?

swaggerer, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  8. FilipStan

FilipStan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you all for getting back to me.Decreasing 5% or 10% is normal...but almost 50% is paranormal for me while i have the same traffic that comes from search engines. My traffic is related to health products for men. I invested huge money in this business to grow it so high and i feel like im going down. I need to change the design? or i dont know...banner positions?

FilipStan, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  9. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    without naming your site we will have no possibility to help.

By the way, a businessman with 80,000 monthly income is least likely to seek advice on forum. I thinks it's just another post count increase thread.

Give the address of the website and prove it's yours - or get lost, please.

H0stZealot, Nov 11, 2014 IP
    funmom91, Chad Eztraffic and matt_62 like this.
  10. FilipStan

FilipStan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why would i give you my business model to you? why dont you get lost?i didnt asked you to feed me , i just asked people what to do

FilipStan, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  11. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    because nobody can't help you without knowing the name of the website. Well, m8, I don't fall for that cheap crap. You will not post ads here without 3 likes and you will not get these continuing this thread. The most possible outcome is infraction or ban.

Write something that has sense or stop trying, please.

H0stZealot, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  12. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you're earning with affiliate and your traffic mainly comes from Google, I may suggest you're losing ranking for many buying keywords, instead, other information keywords may increase ranking. As a result, traffic almost keeps unchanged but conversion rate decreased.
    Solution: check closely all your long tail keywords on SERP

mrgadget, Nov 11, 2014 IP
  13. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He probably meant 80,000 INR not USD

petertdavis, Nov 11, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  14. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahahaha... then this all makes sense... his lack of grammar and punctuation... and his stubbornness...

H0stZealot, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  15. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But he put $ so not INR which means few possibilities
    -Sales/Revenue is really USD80K but it is trading/dropshipping which has peanuts profit margin of few percent. Probably net profit few hundred dollars
    -$ is Zimbabwe dollars USD 1=360 Zimbabwe Dollars. So 80K is about USD220. LOL.
    -He is trying to increase post count as someone said earlier.
    :)

tradester, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  16. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I said this and I still stand on this ground. Not a single sane businessman would start a thread like this. Especially someone with 80K USD monthly income - they would rather hire an expert from a reliable company in a case of drastic drop of their income.

H0stZealot, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  17. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Skepticism is getting into me. Like, if you are losing that much on your business, your resort is to broadcast it on the forum and seek advice? Yes, members will be kind enough to help you out. BUT then you refuse to give further details. (facepalm).

Vitarank, Nov 12, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  18. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    What a jerk.... Posts on a forum asking for help and advice and then becomes defensive when people want to view the website and actually help. How can other people help if they can't view the site and identify any potential problems.

MobileInternet, Nov 12, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  19. dbpublic

dbpublic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May I know which industry is your business in?

You might want to start using visitor tracking like LuckyOrange, it will record how visitors use your sites, what are they reading in your site, and a lot more. So from there you will be able to tell why isn't the visitors converting.

dbpublic, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  20. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    And if you read the whole topic before posting - skim it at least - you will be able to provide much more valuable advice. Which in this case is - give the name of your website or get lost - as OP acted really strange and untrustworthy here.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    H0stZealot, Nov 13, 2014 IP