1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, a fairy story.

malky66, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Genesis 5:32-10:1. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.
    Know your bible.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No fairies are mentioned in Genesis my friend. Fairies are a modern creation. Like pixies, elves and all the other things straight out of Harry Potter movies.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You sound just like one of the people that laughed at Noah while he was telling them what God had told him.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose you believe that's a true story as well.
    No I just laugh at gullible "God botherers".

malky66, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  6. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But according to the Bible, Noah's flood was a worldwide flood that lasted a whole year. With all that freshwater being dumped into the oceans, it would of diluted the salty seawater and killed all the saltwater aquatic life- including the fishes and Whale(s). Why would God let those animals die?

Also, did the ark have animals from all the other continents? For example- Kangaroos from Australia? If so, how did Noah bring the Kangaroos from Australia all the way to the middle east?

tdn878, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  7. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A year? Where does it say that? It says that the rains that created the flood lasted for 40 days (Genesis 7:17).
    And Why would God let those animals die? Well because He said in Genesis 5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”. That is why.

And regarding "did the ark have animals from all the other continents? For example- Kangaroos from Australia? If so, how did Noah bring the Kangaroos from Australia all the way to the middle east?"

We are talking about the same God that made the heavens and the earth and me and you and everything else. If He can do all that, why can't He make those other continental animals to appear too?

God said "every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive." If that's what He said then that's what He meant. Plus, I am sure He had His ways of making that happen.

It is good that you ask these questions. But there is no indecisiveness with the bible. You either believe it to be Gods infallible word or you don't.

One day all shall be revealed to us. Until that time, blessed is he who believes and then sees over those that must see first and then believe.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  8. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No friend. It is a movie. A make believe story. It's a bit different from the bible which is pretty amazing how it has come together and the wisdom it has, anyone has to say.
    I suppose you don't believe in evil then? You don't think that there are evil spirits no?
    I used to do a lot of Ouija boards and I can tell you, you don't wanna mess with that stuff.
    Just because you haven't seen anything that is supernatural with your real own eyes doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe in evil, I believe all the religious nutjobs out there who keep trying to ram their sad deluded beliefs down our throats are the epitome of evil...my friend:)

malky66, Nov 6, 2014 IP
    tdn878 likes this.
  10. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you for real? There's no way for me to reject or confirm what you say is true. If I try to refute you with logic and scientific evidence, you will just use the "God did it" card. This is just dumb blind faith.

How any grown adult can hold these beliefs really boggles the mind.

Thanks for the laugh though. I'll show myself out.

tdn878, Nov 6, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  11. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about me, how am I trying to ram anything down your throat? Am I knocking on your door with a bible in my hand saying thou shall believe now or thou shall be smited? How am I a "religious nut job"? I don't even go to church! Am I strapping bombs to my chest and blowing up myself and anyone else around me? Why insult me for? Your reply is extremely weak! You have avoided answering the question. Christianity is NOT a religion. It exists because of Christ. Hence "Christ-ianity". It just goes to show that you don't really know what you are talking about. It is not a sad deluded belief is it. Its based on the bible. If there wasn't a bible then I wouldn't believe it. But believing in something (when we have the bible) does NOT make you a nut job and your replies are just insulting and derogatory. Why are you so gung-ho on making people not believe? Is there something in your life that you don't like? Was you bullied at school? You have a small penis perhaps and feel that God has been unfair to you so only solution is that God doesn't exist? Nobody really knows for sure anyway. You don't know for sure if God does or doesn't exist. NOBODY does! And at the end of the day, if people want to believe it. What is that to you? How is that effecting you? Don't call me some religious nut job because just because I believe in God. Mike Tyson believes in God. Does that make him a "religious nut job"? And Mike wouldn't stand for your lip either and would give you a fat lip if you said that to his face too. It's all too easy to call people names on a forum when you are in the comfort of your own home behind a computer screen. But come and say that to my face and its a different story... Why can't we just have an intelligent conversation without branding people and calling people names? It's just childish, immature and very naive. But I forgive you. Oh that must make me a nut job too right? I mean, I get up for work, I go to work, I show people respect, I go about my day, and I come home. I have friends and family. I'm a normal English guy living in sunny old England. I'm not some religious nutter. I'm just plain old me who happens to believe in God. It doesn't make me insane.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ugh yeah there is. Its in the bible in Genesis. I'm just quoting that to you. If you have a problem with that take up with God. You asked a question. I just replied in the best way I know how.

Why you have to insult me for? You just sound like you are going along with everyone else and don't actually know what to think anyway.

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Who said I'm talking about you?, did I mention your name in my post?, just round the corner from where I live is Jehovah's Witness church and every few months they would come knocking on my door trying to ram their religious bullshit down my throat, since I told them I would rather worship the devil than listen to their crap.. they no longer come.
    I'll try and answer your other questions for you
    No I wasn't bullied at school, Someone tried it once and I smashed his face in.
    I don't know if I have a small penis or not, you would have to ask my wife about that, she doesn't complain though, so probably not.
    I wouldn't write anything on a public forum that I wouldn't say to anyone's face, I more than know how to stand up for myself, I've been doing it all my life.
    I couldn't care less if Mike Tyson believes in god or not, I do think he's a rapist nutjob though.
    I'm just plain old me who doesn't believe in god, doesn't make me a better or worse person than you.
    You wanna calm down and get off your high horse, but your religious beliefs probably won't let you.

malky66, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  14. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Who said I'm talking about you?,". Well it was your reply to me so it looks like a given. :)

"just round the corner from where I live is Jehovah's Witness church and every few months they would come knocking on my door trying to ram their religious bullshit down my throat, since I told them I would rather worship the devil than listen to their crap.. they no longer come."

Sorry but LOL that is fair enough malky66. I know what that is like as I grew up with one round the corner from me mate and they would do the same to us. It was so funny we used to ask them some very awkward questions they could not answer and they would often either go bright red and not know what to say or get wound up and walk off! LOL They believe that only 144,000 people will actually go to heaven. And they don't observe and celebrate their own birthdays and holidays but God gave us these things to enjoy all things done unto God in thanks pleases Him. They miss out on so much! They also think that Jesus' second coming occurred invisibly in 1914 LOL! The bible clearly tells us that ALL will see Him returning with the angels in the clouds and every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Christ is Lord and God is the great and holy I Am. The next time they come to your door, ask them how they came up with that date, and how to explain 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 where it says "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." as that has not happened yet. When it happens. You WILL KNOW.

To be honest, don't get me wrong. I'm all for having an intelligent discussion like gentleman on here about God Vs Science whatever but we need to keep it civil and never laugh at people and brand people "names" for their beliefs because that is a just a neanderthal response to everything. We are not Neanderthals are we? We are meant to be intelligent people these days, we no longer call people "witches" and "wizards" and burn them at the stake for messing with potions and stuff. In fact these days, these people are called "scientists". Even some schools are banning bibles now and making them learn about wizards and witches and promoting things like Harry Potter, LOTR etc. Its scary but I dont think its an intelligent decision to do that. I think they are just brushing it under the rug. I think every child should be taught bible stories because they really inspire a child's imagination like no movie or novel can do. Plus the bible is full of lots of sensible advice for our lives. It doesn't demand, it only asks. And makes promises that always come true. It doesn't force itself on you it gives you the choice to believe it or not.

So trust me, you do not know what you are saying. The devil is your enemy. You do not really want to worship him. He only wants to steal kill and destroy. He is the father of lies. The Lord rebuke Him. I'd rather have a Jehova's Witness knock on my door every day at random times of the day for the rest of my life than worship old hairy legs. Only God and the Son and the Holy Spirit is worthy of worship.

Regarding your endowment. You are alright malky66. I'll take your word for it before I ask your wife. ;) Did you have a white wedding by the way and get married in a church? It's funny how people who don't believe, get married in a church and repeat biblical vows to their partner.

Old Mike might be a rapist nutjob. But he also might not be. Was Micheal Jackson really a pedophile? You know how famous people have their stuff over exaggerated for the media. But how does that make him any less worthy of Christs love than me or you? We all have sinned and fallen from grace. We are born sinners from birth. But blessed be our Father had made a way for us to be reconciled to Him through His Son. Christ came for such people as this! YES! Christ came for the rapists and pedophiles and murderers and prostitutes even! Yes! A sin is a sin is a sin to God. So He sent His only Son Jesus so we can all be restored back to perfectness. Yes one day I will be perfect and immortal. That is my belief. Can we not still get along? Anyway, the guy will still knock you out in one punch lol :p

So you calm down and get off your high horse. ;)

Mkcoy, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well I read all that, that's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back, but I'll try and break it down.

I don't really worship the devil, I'm bright enough to know he doesn't really exist, as if there's some horned geezer ramming a pitchfork up bad peoples arses, I don't think so, It's something I said to them to get them to stay away from me because just telling them "I'm not interested" doesn't work with them.

No we didn't get married in a church, quick 10 minute job down the registry office followed by the mother of all piss ups in our local pub.
    The only time I have ever set foot in a church was when my mother forced me to be christened when I was a small child, I had no say in it, it meant nothing to me then, it means nothing to me now.

I don't think all children should be made to read the bible in school, if it's their choice to then so be it, but it should never be compulsory, that would just be ramming it down their throats wouldn't it, allow kids to be themselves and have minds of their own, it's how I brought my 2 kids up and they are the most rounded human beings you will ever come across, everyone say's so.

Not sure what this has to do with the discussion but yes I believe Michael Jackson was a pedophile, but money talks and if I believed there was such a place called hell I would sincerely hope he is there and if your so called god loves people like that then I'm glad he's just a fictional made up character and worthy of nothing but the utmost contempt.

I'm Perfectly calm thanks but all this religious crap is starting to turn my stomach so I'll leave it there, enjoyed the discussion though:)

malky66, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  16. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tdn878, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  17. stormer320

stormer320 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe in a God but I can't prove that I'm right. However, we can prove that most religions are false. For science, it doesn't matter weather you believe it in or not, it's still true.

stormer320, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  18. s3m

s3m Member

Best Answers:

s3m, Apr 23, 2015 IP
  19. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in fairy tales

spacehades, May 9, 2015 IP
  20. s3m

s3m Member