1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz Vs No Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by cjsewell, Feb 8, 2013.

1. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised, how they are able to submit..... and they may not have any personal contact with Dmoz editor as well.

did you guess what is the point?

MikeQ, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  2. cm2010

cm2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be nice that Dmoz charge editor's review fee, because editor's only join to approve their own site. Once, it is approved than they don't have time to approve any website. We notice that one of editor own directory for 5 years he approved his own directory even he has over 60 errors according to w3 validator. He approves only if he has time. Now, question is that, so why did he join the Dmoz as editor?

cm2010, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  3. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I know that wasn't true when I was involved early on and, although I have not been an editor for more than a decade, I don't believe it's true today. Oh certainly, among thousands of volunteer editors, there are those who only join in order to add their own sites, client's sites, or whatever, but that has never been the accepted norm, and DMOZ has always looked out carefully for just that sort of thing. I know, because, as a meta editor, I was involved in several of these investigations, trying to determine whether an editor had an affiliation or financial interest in the sites they were adding. I don't think that has changed considerably.

4. jfseostudio.com

jfseostudio.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found that DMOZ is great and provides a good quality backlink. It's better to be an author though. It's hard to keep up on their guidelines and publishing/editing frequency to stay a DMOZ editor. It's always a good idea to submit a unique website to them.

jfseostudio.com, Aug 17, 2015 IP