1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What link building methods should i use?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by aleale, Oct 15, 2014.

Links being very sensitive after the new panda and hummingbird updates, so the bookmarking and directory submission lost their values. I am just wondering what are then the methods to get good links as to get link-back from quality website is not so easy. can you please share some free link building methods to i can use them for my website?

aleale, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  2. robyroy

robyroy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually, on free links you dont have any control. On serious projects i prefer only paid links (HP, Inner, articles).
    As free resources, maybe guest posts on your niche. But take care, make an informational articles, and keep your links as natural possible. Don' t use directories, blog comments, forum signatures and so on.
    Hope to be helpful.

robyroy, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  3. qucento

qucento Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Link building is a time consuming task and effective strategy as well. You need to identify the "Do Follow" websites / directories to ensure your website is crawled by search engines for ethical link reputation. Submitting to business directories, and blog commenting can help you gain trust from search crawlers and readers

qucento, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  4. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    depends on your site... can't comment on the links since we don't know what your site is.

praetserge, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  5. DiamondArticles

DiamondArticles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Natural links from your niche.
    Do not spam with 202020020202 links just in one month :)

Link diversity is great.

Comment in simmilar niche sites.

Forum post in simmilar forums.

Article directories.

Wiki sites.

Edu sites.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    DiamondArticles, Oct 15, 2014 IP
  6. petershine

petershine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may try manual RSS feed submission to feed aggregators where I have got very good results for increasing traffic based on link building.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    petershine, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Panda and Hummingbird updates has nothing to do with links and I think the right term for that is Penguin which involves in decreasing the site's rankings that are using paid links and link schemes.

KylieSweet, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  8. Annabelle1

Annabelle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I Agree with you KylieSweet it is Penguin update not Panda. Hummingbird update is an incorporated panda and penguin updates, this is an Algorithmic advanced
    update on Google.

Annabelle1, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  9. king kong vs

king kong vs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is it that blog comments and forum links ect. are just low quality or do they actually harm the seo strategy?

Cheers

king kong vs, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  10. 102drive

102drive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would stay away from blog commenting and forum links, thats from years ago. Focus on creating high quality content, engaging with your community via social media, and ultimately establishing relationships with your industries influencers, that way you can get guest posting opportunities on their sites, and if they like you, they just might mention you in an article!

102drive, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  11. jetwings

jetwings Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media, and viral content will generate organic links for you.
    You could also, buy links from link networks, but I'd suggest not to buy too many at the same time, instead add one are two per week...

jetwings, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content marketing is a way to build links too, but in a more productive way.
    The purpose of it is not mainly on link building but also for increasing traffic, organic search and online presence of your brand.
    IMO, old link building techniques are still effective it is just that it is more on building relationship and not just building links alone; your strategies will depend on your intentions.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  13. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links made in high quality websites are mostly safe. DO remember not to make unnatural looking links like forexample in a news page of Kim Kardarshian you made a link to an electronics website. Here it will look ununatural and will be maked as spam by search engines.

Naina S, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  14. Annabelle1

Annabelle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO Goal Today after Google Algorithm Updates : NATURAL LINKS

The days of Quantity of back links to rank a site are long gone.
    Ranking is now much easier, because we actually don’t need masses of links to rank a site, but rather, a few high quality links.

PBN
    Theming /Internal relevance is a big factor
    Theme as much as you can
    Do not use wordpress for PBN
    Add pages : Terms and Conditions,Privacy Policy,External Links Policy and About Us (Give specific information what your website is about to make it more natural on Google)

SEO on-page with authoritative quality links and is themed in the same niche the same in Web 2.0 blogs to look more natural. Avoid mass linking, remember our goal is to look more NATURAL on Google's EYE. Add videos images to your post to make it more presentable not just dropping a piece of nonsense links.

Lastly, Social signals is important, so do not forget to join social media like http://www.followlike.net/

These are the things to be aware of.

Google knows either exactly of roughly how many people have visited your page. They can also assess a rough bounce rate for the page, and you can be pretty certain that they will be checking for artificial signals. What I mean by this is the following:

If the bounce rate is really poor, and by this I mean a high percentage, Google will know that your page holds little interest for a visitor. A page with a poor bounce rate is not likely to attract many natural backlinks or social signals.

Another signal Google will be looking for is the number of visitors your page gets. Google has a massive range of data, and is easily able to determine a reasonably accurate prediction for the number of backlinks you are likely to have based on the number of visitors your page has had.

Syndicated content like press releases and others can be calculated and placed aside by Google so as to determine the actual number of unique non syndicated backlinks. Let’s call these “real backlinks” for this explanation.
    You see, if they can determine the real number of back links, and they can determine the number of visitors your page has received, they will also be able to determine if the numbers seem artificial or not.

The key to creating a great website is to create the best possible experience for your audience with original and high quality content.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Annabelle1, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  15. jetwings

jetwings Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, the link building should like as close to natural as possible...
    Getting 20 links in a couple of days is an alarm, where as 20/30 links on relevant content sites over a period of 6 months should be fine.

jetwings, Dec 5, 2014 IP