1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Posting - Blog Commenting What is important?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by chinesegirl07, Oct 6, 2014.

In SEO, forum and blog commenting is very valuable in creating backlinks and traffic to a site.
    In your own opinion, which is much better delivering high quality in less number of post w/ links or the huge number of post that can be tagged as a spam post?

chinesegirl07, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  2. Seo Power

Seo Power Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is a better way to build quality backlinks because the average blog post has more authority than thr average forum post. This is only correct though if the blogs and forums are do-follow sites.

If they are not, then it doesn't matter where you get your links from as both types of links will be equal to each other in terms of link juice transfer.

Seo Power, Oct 6, 2014 IP
  3. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum and blog is not only for creating a backlinks. Days are gone when forums and blogs are the important tools for creating backlinks that push the site ranking. Now, it’s a time to create good interactions in forum which is useful for their users and good informative articles with relevant links that may useful for visitors on blog. Good interaction on forum and unique information on blog itself will make you and your brand popular to drag the visitors to your site and ultimate good user experience will bring your site up. Though both are good for best commenting to give your knowledge a better mileage among online communities, but don’t take these 2 as creating only high value backlinks that may panelize your site by Google.

Jigney, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  4. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is good to have backlinks. Forums have limits for posting your links it may look like a promotion.

usemyteam, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  5. C_Tavares

C_Tavares Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog posting to build links and forum posting to build a brand around your certain niche.

C_Tavares, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  6. xavuek

xavuek Member

Best Answers:
    For more direct control, Private Blog Networks (PBNs) deliver the best results in my experience.

xavuek, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  7. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you read OP's questions? let me repeat it here: "In your own opinion, which is much better delivering high quality in less number of post w/ links or the huge number of post that can be tagged as a spam post?"

--------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion it is better to delivering high quality in less no of posts. "Old days are gone" (as said above) when blog commenting was the best technique to gain a link from other site, but things have changed now. Blog commenting is now more about branding, user engagement, relevancy and build trust in your niche to gain qualified traffic on your site. (of course you get a backlink too, but it must not be the purpose of commenting.)

rozerr, Oct 8, 2014 IP
    chinesegirl07 likes this.
  8. sahil rajpput

sahil rajpput Member

Best Answers:
    It is required for traffic .

sahil rajpput, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  9. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    Never use blog comments for first tier

Callumm, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  10. Onlinershub

Onlinershub Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with SEO Power comment. What we get from No-follow forums and blogs, is just to increase our reputation from Google eye. This does not increase our page rank or increase our traffic.

Onlinershub, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  11. Get Searched

Get Searched Member

Best Answers:
    This seems like a question that has an obvious answer.

I think the more posts the better but within moderation.

Lets take a second to think of what a back link is and how Google views them and why the factor into rankings.

So I recently made a blog post How to rank in Google and the Fundamentals of Ranking. This covered the whole topic of how Google was founded at there back link ranking factors which made them outshine competitors Yahoo and Excite at the time. A backlink Google views as a recommendation/up vote if you like from one website to another and this plays apart in there search listing algorithms. We have to ask ourselves why did Google design it like this why from day #1 was emphasis but on backlinks....

Well I believe it's because a lot of links like my blog post above link out to good/useful relevant content that adds relevance and provides information regarding the searchers original search term. Just like in academic study books you tend to get further reading sections.

So that tells me if you're making posts that:

1. Add value
    2. Contribute to the topic
    3. Are unique
    4. Provides use to the end user
    Then the more of them posts the better and a knock on effect will be your rankings do better.

The problem I see with SEO today is too many people do things for rankings which in my opinion is what Google DON'T want. For example I'm not on this forum to increase my website rankings I'm on here because it's relevant to my business, I can connect/network and share ideas with people in the same market as myself and I can provide useful input, tips, tricks and tutorials with people that are interested in what I have to say. That's my goal for being a member here. As a knock on effect the backlinks to my website are what will, over time also help ranking.

I think if we take things back to basics and do SEO for the right reasons and want to engage, connect, share and re-ignite the passion for the niche business/niche we are involved in then only positive things such as SEO rankings can come out of it as an alternative.

When business start out to make money they rarely succeed when someone starts a business out of passion, dedication and commitment as a knock on effect good customer service, money and a successful business is what comes out of it.

Same with SEO don't do SEO just for rankings. We'd be very bored/tired and un-successful if we did our clients SEO just for the sake of rankings. We take on projects we can get passionate and excited about because ultimately that's what brings results!

Bit of a rant there ;) but to cut a long story short always post more but only when it adds use and value, short posts are only considered spammy when you make them spammy. I hope this post shows that you can add value/use to any topic if you're willing to put in the effort!

Get Searched, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  12. catu10

catu10 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    These techniques are very good for site promotion. Forum posting results instantly but Blog commenting takes more time as compare to forum posting. Both are good for building links. But forum posting is very simple. Blog commenting will drive quality traffic in less number of posts and if we will do irrelevant , bad forum posting in large number then it can be tagged as Spam post.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    catu10, Oct 9, 2014 IP
  13. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much with all the inputs.. I understand everyone's point of view.

I just got really disappointed with my last project this is the reason why I asked this question. I thought the client understands that I value most the quality and relevance of the forum posting I am doing, thus it is somehow taking time to build reputation and finding the best forum/thread that the site niche would fit in. The client is rushing things up.

Forum site now a days is very different, there are rules to follow, spam filter installed, and creating threads w/ links, and signatures w/ links is not that easy.

I understand that SEO is not very simple. I hope site owners do understand this as well or probably they should know that blackhat technique would hurt their site ranking instead of gaining.

Sorry for the short rant, my effort wasn't appreciated. I thought my point of view is different from the others and I am messing things up.

Thank you all for answering my query. :)

chinesegirl07, Oct 9, 2014 IP