1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

live chat - yes or no?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by zannovski, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Hamza Huzaifa

Hamza Huzaifa Member

Best Answers:
    Live Chat is a definite YES!
    Live Chat software helps you communicate with your customers so that you can help your customers with their issues about the website or about the products that you are selling. It helps create a connection and a relationship with your customer, which is an advantage to the business as the customer would be able to understand you more and increases the chances of re-purchase.
    WebGreeter is the best Live Chat Software according to me. Its a product of LiveAdmins LLC. Its multilingual feature helps you connect with other customers as well. Meaning that your services can also be in other languages, which way you would be able to cover a bigger aspect of the market.

Hamza Huzaifa, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  2. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    If you've got the customer base to necessitate live chat, then you should absolutely go for it. It does wonders for your site from a customer retention standpoint. It's also a great way to cut back on the dreaded abandoned cart phenomenon.

Solid Commerce, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  3. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't really say 'customer base' more, website traffic. If you have enough traffic to justify adding live chat which can then be used as a tool to increase sales adding to ones customer base then yes, opt for a live chat software.

We use Kayako to provide live chat and it is working wonders for us. Our customers love it and so do we :).

HostDash, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  4. Irene Rogers

Irene Rogers Member

Best Answers:
    When I shop online and visit a website for the first time, there are not many things that can convince me that I can trust this company. One of them is live chat. Once I have a chance to speak with a live human being representing the company, I can immediately tell if I want to make a purchase and return to this website in the future, judging by friendliness, language style, product knowledge and speed of responses I receive.

So, if you can deliver friendly and fast service through live chat, it will definitely increase your sales. If you can't afford hiring a dedicated customer service team, consider offering live chat support only for a couple of hours per day. You can keep the chat button hidden for the rest of the time. Never leave it visible when you are not available, as most customers find it frustrating to click on a live chat button and find it actually dead.

And here are some numbers:

- 49% of US consumers will abandon an online transaction if their questions or concerns are not addressed quickly
    - 83% of consumers require some degree of customer support while making an online purchase
    - 70% of buying experience is based on how customers feel they are being treated

More numbers from the study: http://www.providesupport.com/blog/amazing-stats-customer-service-infographic/

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    Irene Rogers, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  5. Michael Akinlabi

Michael Akinlabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nothing can ever replace customer satisfaction. Investing in live chat is unquestionable.

Do you have the time for live chat? Don't consider integrating it into your ecommerce site if you can't be live most hours.

Having a live chat software will help you remove all doubts in customers.

Michael Akinlabi, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  6. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    As side of customers, I had ever contact to University and questioned more detail about tuition fee. It made me satisfy when it instantly answered me what I was in doubt even I thought I talked to live chat.

Michael Leng, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  7. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is a good way, and also it is a good customer care service, but it is better to made a telephony contacts.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  8. alexisd

alexisd Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think a live chat can be great for having trust and visible support with a human for the customer, however, i used to have it and sometimes there would be customers who just like to talk and talk......

It is very frustrating to have someone who continuously asks questions and has no real goal to the conversation.

This can really take up valuable time in my opinion, and is why i stopped using it.

Hope i helped.

alexisd, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  9. RepricerExpress

RepricerExpress Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It certainly all depends on your business in terms of whether the Live Chat feature will help you increase your conversion rate, but as you're selling cosmetics, I would assume there is room there to offer people advice on which product is right for them, so Live Chat might be exceptionally good for your particular line of business. In general, I think it works—I have used it as a customer on many sites and have always found it helpful in making buying decisions.

RepricerExpress, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  10. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know if anybody has already mentioned this but in my own opinion, you should only offer live chat if you have the staff for it or you're going to be online at the exact same time everyday and will be able to provide answers at that specific time. Also depends on how populated your site is. If it is too busy, you'll spend your entire day just answering questions and solving customer's problems.

CobaltBlue87, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  11. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! You're 100% correct; that's absolutely what I meant to say.

And here's the thing, too -- a chat service can be a pretty major investment for your company. It's really important to make sure that you're going to use it to its fullest capacity. I'd spend some time researching your customers and the traffic to your site. Communicate in whatever way you can to find out what customers are using your site for, what they would ideally be using your site for, and how you can better bring them what they want.

Solid Commerce, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  12. Manish Mohan Parth

Manish Mohan Parth Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes this is good...

Manish Mohan Parth, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  13. EliseLovesBooks

EliseLovesBooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes! Everyone under 40 expects to be able to communicate via text, chat, etc. If you don't have it, you'll be out of date. It's a win win for both the customer and the company. Not only is it easier to chat with customers this way, but chat services like http://www.chat4support.com offer added value for the company like web analytics, tracking problems, analyzing trends, etc., that you can't get, at least not easily, from phone support.

EliseLovesBooks, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  14. SuperBillionaire

SuperBillionaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    livechat is very important, if you don't have it, you'll very hard to connect with customers.

SuperBillionaire, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  15. Jessica1204

Jessica1204 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes. I agree with you, livechat is very important in connecting with customers.

Jessica1204, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  16. Suvashree Bhattacharya

Suvashree Bhattacharya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Implementing LIVE CHAT on your ecommerce website is a BIG YES.

If you own an online store, you may have seen the natural tendencies of most of the customers: they want to communicate, need advice, help and require clarifications regarding your products and services. This can be a crucial issue in any kind of business if one fails to provide all these. There are times, when after selecting any product, the customer may want to know some additional details of that product, for example the exact colour or size measurement which is not available in the website In that case, writing a mail or waiting in the queue for a telephonic call may turn the customer impatient and you never know he/she may leave from there. So To stop them from abandoning cart, live chat can be the best solution on your website which can make you the differentiator for turning your website visitors loyal to your brand and not to choose your competitors over you.

Live chat ensures instant assistance that a ticket or email system always lack. Through this live chat solution your website visitors directly converse with you in the website itself if they need any assistance. Through live chat software, you can Offer instant assistance, assist with technical issues, related to your website, get instant customer feedback, keep a track of your visitor’s activities, increase sales conversions, reduce human resource expense and many more.
    So implement the best live chat software for your ecommerce business today and see the difference.

More more info can go through our blog: http://www.revechat.com/blog/live-chat-the-next-growth-opportunity-for-your-ecommerce-business/

You can also take the free trail of live chat at https://dashboard.revechat.com/signup/signup.jsp

Regards

Suvashree Bhattacharya
    REVE Chat
    www.revechat.com
    Blog: www.revechat.com/blog/

Suvashree Bhattacharya, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  17. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    If you have nothing else to do yes, livechat works.
    But with all the stupid questions that customers send I prefer to let them search, think, and then send email if they are too stupid to find this information that is anyway available on the shop !

buythiscomputer, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  18. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder how can everybody think that Live chat is good, maybe because they have 3 visitors on the store everyday ? How do you handle hundreds of visitors per hour ?

For me livechat is a NO NO and i sell moe than enough without chat, so why wasting my time replying to stupid questions ?

buythiscomputer, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  19. webspider2005

webspider2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Live chat is a plus for me. Clients want a quick response from a staff and not from an auto responder.

webspider2005, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  20. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you think about social chat? I have build chatroom onto my website using chatwing. It's a social chat software. You can talk with many people at a time using this chatwing software.

Atikur, Apr 6, 2015 IP