1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook is dead by 2017

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by owenbick, Aug 1, 2014.

I read an article on BHW about Facebook being dead by 2017. It stated that Facebook's stats seem to be dropping due to younger people not using it much anymore. What do you think?

owenbick, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  2. ith3rm17

ith3rm17 Member

Best Answers:
    FB is time consuming. people realize that in the long run and settle for fast-simple chat networks.

ith3rm17, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Fb will only die when something big comes to replace it. Instagram and Twitter have failed, no other contenders in sight but if it happens it will probably be blisteringly fast so there is plenty of time.

sarahk, Aug 1, 2014 IP
    Mia likes this.
  4. SimpleSSS

SimpleSSS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Noone can replace facebook position now even in the near future. Still have someone wasting 24hour for it, mean noone can make facebook dead.

SimpleSSS, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with @sarahk. We used to have friendster back on the days facebook was not in the picture yet. But, I believe that it will take some time for people to totally let go of facebook. Facebook is a successful brand, they are risk taker, they try different things and offer new things to people. And successfully, people were able to adapt to these changes. And it is a good sign that facebook is a strong brand.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  6. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is in constant change, which means what people wants they do something about it. Friendster is very much different back then, it was lock out to be a friend finding site.

chinesegirl07, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  7. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    If too many spam bot or software annoying our privacy, we'll never open it.

seocrusher, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  8. webspider2005

webspider2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a big big business empire. It will never be allowed to go down.

webspider2005, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  9. Hamza Huzaifa

Hamza Huzaifa Member

Best Answers:
    It can never die. In many other countries, Facebook is still the no1 social media website! Infact it is still the No.1 Social media website because they don't have the awareness about the new social media websites which are coming on top.

Hamza Huzaifa, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  10. christian B

christian B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook has the money to change.

christian B, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  11. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As our world changes it is undoubtedly, that at some point we will turn to something new. But i don't see this happening in 3 years. Facebook is still good at adapting to audience demands.

Sam42, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  12. Mike Podesta

Mike Podesta Member

Best Answers:
    People have been predicting its demise for years. I thought a large sum of traffic would bolt once they found out how much personal info was collected. Then I thought it would surely die off once brand pages had to start paying for exposure. It hasn't seemed to hurt too much. Heck Facebook is acquiring a lot of different apps so it will be around in one form or another for a while.

Mike Podesta, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  13. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love how people have the knack of declaring things dead - Facebook, Google Plus, Guest Blogging etc. Why are people so concerned with dying fads anyways? And when is something considered dead anyways? When Skype started to gain momentum mIRC was considered dead. Sure, much fewer people use but is it dead to this day? Hardly. MySpace witnessed a big flow of people going into Facebook but did it die? No, it just converted into a different type of website. People have to realize that very big trends like Facebook or the aforementioned can never be dead in its complete sense, they will always find a way to serve a certain audience. Do you think that an empire as big as Facebook, acquiring other companies for billions of dollars will just lay down and give up 3 years from now? I think the answer is quite obvious ;)

Rado_ch, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    Boost_Software and sarahk like this.
  14. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook won't be dead in 2017, it's just to big for that currently. But yes, if they stop innovate they could end like many other social networks. Since that Facebook is coming more then a social network the name "Facebook" will continue living on even if the social network would be shutdown. Take a look at Yahoo who was known for there Search Engine but got beaten hard by Google and later Bing. They are still in the game but are currently focussing on different niches as well.

quiz, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  15. Popularity Rank

Popularity Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some years before there was a social networking site named "ORKUT"

Can anybody remember? That time there were lots of people used this. After then FaceBook, Twitter and some others social media sites have come. They are more user friendly than ORKUT. And that's why ORKUT is going to end and now it's totally obsolete.

So, FaceBook, Twitter or anything will end when something new-one will take the same position as replacement; otherwise NEVER.

Popularity Rank, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  16. desireable

desireable Active Member

Best Answers:
    may be far too far in future, like after 2020

desireable, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  17. Nathan Nartker

Nathan Nartker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fb is such a resourceful tool. At my university it is used as a means to sell things. It is commonly used to look people up before you date them. It helps you to connect to people when you travel. FB will not be dead in the next few years.

Nathan Nartker, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  18. sahil rajpput

sahil rajpput Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe it FB will not be dead

sahil rajpput, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  19. sanjay710

sanjay710 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you gone mad ????

sanjay710, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  20. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just got deceived from a news I receive yesterday that FB will start charging $2.99/mo starting November 1. If FB starts charging users then this will be the time FB will die.

chinesegirl07, Sep 24, 2014 IP