1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lots of things changes in Digital Point!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by jewelraz, Sep 17, 2014.

Hello Everyone,

I am jewelraz, member of this forum since 2009. In this 5 years journey, I have seen many changes on this forum. This forum is now huge and I believe there are some changes in admins. After a long long time I visit to this forum. I was working in a private company as Sr. SEO/SEM/PPC executive and couldn't get much time to visit forums and participate in some discussions. I feel sorry for that really.

As this was my first visit after long period, I notice a big banner on the index page:

Jewelraz, Read Rulez, or Be Banned

Nice welcome message, I guess!!!

I check my profile and found out that I have made 228 posts on this forum but my signature right is gone as well as posting writes in some sections.... I need to receive 3 likes from other members to activate these rights...

I respect this forum and forum admins and all the members. But I think it's not the proper way to treat old members. It's my personal opinion and I am not trying to humiliate anybody.

From my opinion, I think Read Rules messages can be showed in pop up or some specific section or via message saying that these are the new changes or here are the new rules instead of showing : "Read Rulez, or Be Banned"

About signature & posting rights (in some sections), I think forum admins received lots of spamming from various members and decided to turn down this right to every member.... I believe it could be solved if someone is registered for 60 days and contributed in some solid discussions and tried to help other members. I am not sure why three likes from other members where one member can register with three different usernames from three different ips and give likes to his/her own thread with those fake id's....

If you feel bad about this post then I am sorry. I just shared what I felt, that's all. As I said already, I have respect on this forum and its members.

jewelraz, Sep 17, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, basically, doing this is exactly what gets you likes. The likes on this website aren't made out of gold, and getting three isn't really all that difficult.
    I agree that you being an experienced member should come with some benefits, but the forum is constantly changing, and whatever rules have been made should be applied to everyone.

YJunK, Sep 18, 2014 IP
    jewelraz and Content Maestro like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome back. If you are a "Sr. SEO/SEM/PPC" person, you should be able to get three Likes on DP in less than a day by giving thoughtful, expert answers to a few of the posts on those subjects. Much quicker and more beneficial to the community than simply sitting for 60 days, marking the calendar until your time is up.

BTW, I was in exactly the same boat when I returned to DP after several years' absence because I wanted to run a few contests. It took me only a few days to get my 3 likes. I ended up running my contests but realized that I got a lot out of DP that I would not easily get elsewhere. I have been a senior sales and marketing management executive for 25+ years in high tech. But I continue to hear new thoughts, approaches, etc., to marketing and sales regularly in this forum so I keep coming back to contribute a bit, think a bit more out of the box, and learn things.

I look forward to you becoming an established member again. I did enjoy your observation regarding the Welcome message. :)

jrbiz, Sep 18, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow and Content Maestro like this.
  4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the message has been worded that way deliberately to have some kind of striking effect upon the reader. There are many new users here who just ignore these messages and keep creating threads in Support&Feedback for the same questions over and over, though most of their queries are already explained and answered somewhere. They just don't care to read the rules thoroughly before posting. It's really tiring for mods and senior members to reply with the same answers repeatedly.
    However, one thing you must take note of is this - to be offended by the banner or to take it with a pinch of salt without obviously not neglecting the seriousness of its import is entirely up to you. I know it doesn't sound befitting as a welcome message, but since you have been a member of this forum for long, I don't suppose you should really be incited by it.:)
    Cheers.

Content Maestro, Sep 18, 2014 IP
    jewelraz and jrbiz like this.
  5. darkvisje

darkvisje Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jewelraz, your not alone in this. I'm having the same trouble.. I've sold and bought tons of things on this forum... After a little inactive periode im still having 3 likes, (from 2 persons).. So the samething.. Cant sell or buy anything. To bad.. but it will be oke all along sometime ;) just have patient and all will work out !

Glad that your back!

darkvisje, Sep 19, 2014 IP
    jewelraz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be patient about it. Actively contribute!

jrbiz, Sep 19, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch and Content Maestro like this.
  7. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've gotten likes for calling someone out on bad advice once before. Don't think about the "Likes". Just reply when you have something useful to say that will help someone. Don't be the one liner "same old response" member on this forum. They post short "off topic" or "stupid" replies to raise there post count.

snakeair, Sep 21, 2014 IP
    jewelraz, Content Maestro and jrbiz like this.
  8. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    To like peoples posts you need to be a full member, so it's not as simple as signing up from different ip addresses and liking your own posts. It sba good system and one of the best things about this forum. Contribute useful information and advice and you will easily get 3 likes.

uand.eye, Sep 21, 2014 IP
    jewelraz likes this.
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Again, we are coming back to this topic like many times before. At least this time the OP shared their opinion in a polite and argumentative way instead of the usual "omg this forum has gone downhill, the new system sucks and you are all dumbfucks". Kudos for that. I will give you a like exactly because you have managed to express your feeling logically. See, not that hard to get a like?

When I signed up the "Like" system was already introduced so I never knew about the times before. As a completely new member it took me no more than a couple of days to accumulate the Likes (and I didn't even need them at that time, I was just reading and responding to threads where I got something to add). Right now I am getting around 2-3 likes a day (when I have the time to login). It really is as simple as writing constructive and argumentative posts. I think we are all gathered here to make such discussions, right? (well apart from the annoying affiliates and spammers, who are still far too many unfortunately). I visit a couple more XenForo forums with the Like system and I have to say I gather likes there too effortlessly.

I am sure that the changes for you are many, my friend. Just don't let yourself be discouraged and necessarily think that all changes are bad. Its a constantly evolving (forum) world ;)

Rado_ch, Sep 21, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and jrbiz like this.
  10. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am like your son then! I mean you have been a senior sales and marketing management executive for 25+ years in high tech! My God! Aren't you feeling bore? I did a two years job and now I am trying to start my own business. By the way, thanks for your suggestions. I will try to regularly visit this forum and will participate in discussions! :)

Okay. I was trying to give you a thumbs up for your post but where is the +1 button (Thanks button)?

darkvisje, great to see that you have received most precious 3 likes! I am still 2 short.

I am actually :)

You gave me a life oops sorry like! How can I repay you? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    jewelraz, Oct 17, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, the one thing about sales and marketing is that they are NEVER boring. We sales/marketing types are dealing with the human equation and that is always interesting, always changing, and always challenging. I also have had the advantage of being involved with a number of wild high tech start-up companies that were pushing the envelope in their space and that is fun, too. Were I an accountant, administrator, or other paper pusher I would likely be quite bored by now. Instead, I learn something new every day and find new situations/problems/challenges on a regular basis. As senior manager, I also get to delegate the routine work to others. ;)

I do have a daughter who is 22, so you may not be far off in terms of our generational gap.

jrbiz, Oct 17, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and Rado_ch like this.
  12. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    Seriously, people don't realize how exciting Marketing can really be. Just look at how often something changes in the field of SEO, which is just a branch of the whole Marketing science. It never gets boring, there is always something new to learn and practical knowledge surpasses theoretical knowledge. What's not to like :)

Rado_ch, Oct 18, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and jrbiz like this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, @Rado_ch. And then think about the Sales function in which you deal personally with multiple new and unique humans each and every day. I never cease to be amazed at how different each individual can be and at the challenge of figuring out how to best sell that person on the solution at hand. I learn something new each and every day.

jrbiz, Oct 18, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and Rado_ch like this.
  14. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't find the like button. So I can't give you a thumbs up for your post. I received your like! I appreciate it :)

jewelraz, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You will not see the Like button until you receive three likes from three different established members. You are 2/3 of the way there!

jrbiz, Oct 20, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  16. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I understand now! Thanks

jewelraz, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! I see that you have now become an established member. You should see the Like button at the bottom of each post and you can also post in the Buy/Sell/Trade section, etc.

jrbiz, Oct 21, 2014 IP
    jewelraz likes this.
  18. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    See, wasn't that hard at all ;)

Rado_ch, Oct 22, 2014 IP
    jewelraz likes this.
  19. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! I am now re-established member of this forum!

jewelraz, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  20. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    :) It is hard and time consuming. I don't get much time to visit many forums as I need to work on my website and I am trying to start up a business.

jewelraz, Oct 23, 2014 IP