1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Domain Registration reviews?! Do you like it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nikipink, Aug 5, 2014.

Google Domain Registration
    link:
    http://www.google.com/domain

Jun 24, 2014;
    Google launched its own Internet domain registration service. As with many Google services, Google Domains too has been launched in beta and you will need an invite to get in and buy a domain.

Google will be offering features like domain forwarding, private registrations, and customizable sub-domains and up to 100 email ids based on chosen the domain. A point to note is that Google is only offering domain registrations and will not be doing the hosting. It has signed up with partners including Wix, Weebly, Shopify, and Squarespace, who will provide the hosting services as well as tools to build the website.

-----------------

Do you using Google domain ?
    if yes , please write a review

thanks a lOt

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    nikipink, Aug 5, 2014 IP
    Alpha_Mental likes this.
  2. Alpha_Mental

Alpha_Mental Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is the 1st ive heard of this, will be interesting to read a review from someone who has used the service

Alpha_Mental, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  3. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    This would be awesome, since GoDaddy has upped thier registration costs by up to 70%.

The bastages!

ceebee, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  4. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny, there seems to be a lot on the net for registrations, and hosting. I believe if you look around enough you can find a good deal.

There's many websites like http://www.bestwebhosts.co.uk or http://top10best.webhosting.co.uk/ and just as many that will give you domains as well.

Best advice in my opinion is to shop around.

Sycrid, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  5. powerbfore

powerbfore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd rather see it first (darn invitation-only) then make judgments.

powerbfore, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  6. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have it. It is OK and looks like a very basic domain registrar and I emphasize very basic. They will make it better I am sure but right now don't worry about missing out on the big party and free booze.

hockeystick, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  7. yonzy

yonzy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's your standard easy to use Google product. Nothing very special about it. I believe it will do well if they include x amount of google apps user accounts per domain sold. Already have it all configured upon registration. That'd be a nice addition, right?

yonzy, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  8. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just got on board with it about 2 weeks ago, and the first domain transfer completed yesterday.

Overall, it's a simple and easy to use product. The transfer process was easy, and the tool imported most of the settings from the existing DNS records. I had to recreate a couple of records, as well as some email addresses.

You can have up to 100 custom records for each domain, and the DNS manager, like the rest of the tool, is zippy and easy to use. I added two A records with a 6 hour TTL, and both were available immediately.

The product has the usual Google-esque interface, simple, to the point, and quick. Unlike some other apps at other registrars (I'm looking at you, 1and1), I click and stuff happens now, without a wait.

I'll be transferring a few more domains over in the next few weeks, and we'll see how it goes.

The beta is open to US residents, for which I have two invites, if anyone is interested. Just drop me a PM and the first two to respond with a valid email address will get the invites.

dwirch, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  9. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interestingly enough, I just noticed something - I am unable to turn on private registration for my .us domain. I've dropped a message to Google Domains support, we'll test them out too, eh ?

dwirch, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  10. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no privacy protection on .us domains not on google not on any other registrar, it is the same case for .in, .io .......
    http://support.name.com/entries/21208926-What-Domains-Do-Not-Support-Whois-Privacy-

homer7, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  11. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly did not know that. Google support just came back with basically the same answer, as well. So since I am a US citizen, I get to have my information hanging out in the breeze. Woohoo!

dwirch, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  12. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was with Godaddy for a few years, then I switch to Namecheap. Godaddy has lost out due to their shady business practice? They actually annoyed me. With Namecheap I hope they never go to that route like Godaddy. I think I have been with Namecheap for 8 years now had registered over 100's of (currently 6) domains and had been a pleasure. Google domains and maybe hosting's as well as what I've heard at WHT, I don't know as Google failed on many of the products they've introduced many of them you probably had forgotten by now. Google+ is next to fail. Why would Google get into Domains this time they could had done it 15 years ago. I do think they should go big with web hosting as I have had a lot of problems with well known and start ups going bye-bye on me.

wwws, Sep 27, 2014 IP
  13. Sanjay Bagdi

Sanjay Bagdi Member

Best Answers:
    Google domain registration, what is this google domain?

Sanjay Bagdi, Sep 29, 2014 IP