1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would You Live In This House?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by briguy, Sep 10, 2014.

briguy, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd probably stay for a night or two in it, just for the heck of it. My question is what is that light gray line towards the bottom of the rock? If the water ever rises to that level and there's a storm - that house is history.

qwikad.com, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    briguy likes this.
  3. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It does look like that's the water line. I'm just guessing here, but that house is probably built out of industrial-grade steel that goes pretty far into the rock and has anchors of sorts securing it safely to the cliff wall. The glass is probably a high grade, shatter/impact-resistant plexiglass.

I looked up the actual article about the house and apparently it's located in Australia, but the article doesn't give any information about the actual construction of the house. I'm with qwikad.com on this. I'd probably spend a day or two there, but I don't think I'd ever live in the house.

Jameyson MacDonald, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    briguy and jrbiz like this.
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    The pic is photoshopped, of course. This thing is just a concept. Realistically speaking there are not that many idiots (am I being too harsh?) out there who'd volunteer to live in something like that long term. If there are, I'd suggest they go see a psychiatrist first before deciding buying and living in one of those.

qwikad.com, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    On the plus side you could play your music loud and nobody would complain. It would be a crap family home and there's no garage for the car which would rust pretty quickly with all that salt air. Think how dark it would get at night. That would be amazing. And every sunset would be awesome.

Some mega rich person will probably build it and live in it for 2 weeks of the year. There are other fabulous beach front properties I'd prefer.

sarahk, Sep 10, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. 1234nasir

1234nasir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seems to be lonely living, its just for discussion not for real enjoyment.

1234nasir, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  7. ByteChef

ByteChef Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Was just thinking how would it be if Tsunami hits...... scary.............

ByteChef, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  8. BrendonAZ09

BrendonAZ09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would probably sh*t myself for a week or two. But it looks pretty awesome.

BrendonAZ09, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  9. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah...I would still awake for all day and night if I were inside there. Please provide me a life preserver and a helicopter with full tank of gas.

Michael Leng, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would not even want to take the walk from the car to the house. There is not even a small guardrail or fencing to protect the people (including children) who might be living or visiting there. Where does the swingset go for the kids?

Obviously, this is a photoshopped picture as I cannot even conceive how the builders would put it in place.

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  11. MacchuPikachu

MacchuPikachu Member

Best Answers:
    The view would be amazing. It would be pretty weird to live in because it's positioned ridiculously enough to feel fairly private, but with all that glass you'd feel pretty exposed. So it's not much use as an evil lair because your secret planning for world domination would be right out there for any superspy to foil.

I agree with others that I'd certainly spend a night or two there, but unless there's an all-night supermarket just out of shot, I'd get tired of it pretty quickly. I'd stick with a hollowed-out volcano. There's a reason it's a classic.

MacchuPikachu, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  12. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Those who wanna sleep in this, need beds with seat belts in case sometime it falls in water. :p

Digital_shubhi, Sep 11, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My wife and kids sleep walk! Not a good place to sleep for them!

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  14. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    They do? Now you've opened a can of worms. I want to know more. It must be hilarious to live in a house where at least two people sleep walk. And it can probably be stressful too.

qwikad.com, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have a whole house alarm in the house and I set it every night. Not because I am afraid of someone breaking in; rather, I am more concerned about someone walking out in their sleep.

When my wife and I first slept together, I knew nothing about her sleep walking. Picture this: about the 4th or 5th night we slept together, she suddenly jumps up to her knees in bed, yells "Run!" and goes running out of the room. When I realized that the ceiling was not falling in nor anyone was attacking us, I caught up to her in another part of the house where she was standing quietly, still asleep. After a few times of this, of course, I got used to it and became pretty good at catching her before she jumped out of bed and getting her to calm down and "go back" to sleep. Early on, it happened about once a week.

When we had kids, my wife stopped sleep walking for the most part, but both my daughter and my son now walk in their sleep. On the day before my daughter was to leave for college for the first time, she walked halfway down the staircase and began screaming in terror at the top of her lungs, while still completely asleep. I occasionally find my son, who is much younger than his sister, downstairs sitting upright on a couch where he has been since he sleep-walked down in the middle of the night and is still asleep. He may even be mumbling words or phrases when I come upon him. This is obviously genetic because my wife's father was famous for sleepwalking.

When you wake a sleep-walker, they are very disoriented and typically go right back to sleep when you steer them back to bed. They usually have no or very little memory of the incident in the morning. And, let me tell you, the first few times that it happens to the non-sleep-walker (who is often awakened from a deep sleep, himself) it is a very memorable event because your first instinct is that they are awake and taking these actions for good reason. Once it is realized that it is only another episode, I have to fight being annoyed because they have absolutely no control over it.

Needless to say, I am grateful that the previous owner put in a whole house alarm.

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Oh my, that's extreme. My son sleepwalks occasionally but it's all uneventful. Sometimes we'll still be downstairs watching tv or talking and he'll appear on the stairs, we call out and tell him to go back to bed and he normally does as he's told (although he may end up in our bed, not his). We really should try telling him to do something ridiculous!

sarahk, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried talking to them when they are still sleep-walking and have never seen anything but confusion or annoyance or complete disregard on their faces. It seems to me like they do not seem to understand where these words are coming from in the middle of their dream about something else. Only when they are half-awakened (I don't think that they fully wake up) by touching them am I able to steer them back to bed (physically guide them the entire distance.)

By the way, I did not mean to overplay this. This was never a nightly occurrence and has slowed down a lot in the past few years, but still happens several times per year with my son. My daughter is at college most of the nights in the year, so I am not sure if she sleepwalks there. I will have to ask her roommates. Stressful situations seem to bring episodes on many times.

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  18. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    All I can say is "wow!" Life is so freaking complicated, sometimes, to fully understand it. Thank you @jrbiz for sharing your experiences.

qwikad.com, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  19. skymoney

skymoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    for hotel its good idea, but not for live..

skymoney, Sep 12, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. MacchuPikachu

MacchuPikachu Member

Best Answers:
    I've just had a thought. Where does the drainage from the bathroom go?

I'm definitely out.

MacchuPikachu, Sep 12, 2014 IP