1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting with open port 25

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by naturaldesigns, Sep 10, 2014.

Hey everyone!

I am looking for a simple hosting service. All I need is PHP with the port 25 open because I want to connect to SMTP servers to verify email addresses. Many hoster block this port, but it is often hard to find out if they do without being a customer.

Do you know any hosting service that fits my needs? I can provide a simple php script to check whether the port is open or blocked.

Thanks for your help!

naturaldesigns, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  2. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quite strange that you’ve came across with such type hosting companies because as far as I know many hosting companies by default provide port 25 for SMTP. Check offer section along with some posts here. You will find some official representatives of hosting companies here.

paullopez, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  3. naturaldesigns

naturaldesigns Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that most hosting services allow port 25 ONLY for the mailserver and not for php scripts. I now went with a VPS (only 3$/month!) where I installed apache/php which I can configure the way I want. Port 25 is now finally open for my script :)

Thanks for helping!

naturaldesigns, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  4. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see that you've found a solution, but on the side note I would like to suggest you one thing; maintain your own backups, because $3.00/month for a VPS looks attractive but in a reality a good unmanaged VPS server cost approximately $10 to $25 (depends upon resources) and a good managed VPS server even costs around $30 to $50.

paullopez, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  5. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that nowadays almost every hosting provider offers PHP support and allows to use php as a mail.php script

hosting_spec80, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  6. Macarka

Macarka Banned

Best Answers:
    even if host is blocking it by default you can ask you support to open this port for your needs, they won't refuse I think

Macarka, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  7. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mostly ISPs block port 25 not web hosting companies as long as you're authenticating locally you should just use localhost for smtp authentication.

WireNine, Oct 5, 2014 IP