1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick and tired of Facebook. Any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ALuna, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Ishtiaq Amber

Ishtiaq Amber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a weight-loss weblog and use all the primary public networking programs. However from a visitors perspective they do the best in the following order:

Pinterest
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Google+
    Linkedin
    Delicious
    Reddit
    StumbleUpon
    Social social bookmarking sites

I have also discovered a identical issue with Facebook or myspace and discover that Facebook or myspace does not like it if you publish to it more than twice a day and discover that on Facebook or myspace some awesome public networking pictures and weblog articles is all that you need.

Ishtiaq Amber, Aug 28, 2014 IP
  2. obada

obada Member

Best Answers:
    I think twitter is the best alternative available , Here is some tips for you :
    1- search twitter for users that are related to your niche and try to find those who have big amounts of active followers
    2- follow everybody that retweeted the last tweet of each user you found
    3- don't follow more than 300 a day
    4- by following this steps you'll find out that you're getting at least 100 active and targeted followers .
    5- unfollow those who don't follow you back :)
    Goodluck :)

obada, Aug 28, 2014 IP
    cronik likes this.
  3. Chaseh2

Chaseh2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My last Facebook post reached less than 1% of my following! Are you blogging? Or try Reddit :)

Chaseh2, Sep 1, 2014 IP
    Amanda103 likes this.
  4. brainnews

brainnews Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't gotten a chance to play with this one much, but it seems to be focused on simplicity (bot in UI and human interaction): ello.co

Also, I really like are.na – it's like a more obscure pinterest.

brainnews, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  5. usemyteam

usemyteam Member

Best Answers:
    You can go for Pinterest, Instagram for images and Google+ for lengthy content. Twitter is also good.

usemyteam, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  6. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was so surprised when one of my post was getting so much visits from facebook only by using relevant hashtags. Facebook is awesome.

Amanda103, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  7. frank007

frank007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @danasurvey we need to create interesting posts in social media, until we don't put any interesting content people won't see it and unlike google crawler which don't have any sense like humans, we have to make post interesting for people. Next important thing is the selected domain in which we are posting the content that matters most. Once you have these two conditions fulfilling then only you would get any social media traffic and yeah thats tremendous amount of traffic ;)

frank007, Sep 12, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. JackFraser

JackFraser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that Google+ should be your next step. It is something like natural move, regarding your Facebook experience.

JackFraser, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  9. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter, Linkedin and Google Plus work well for me. I guess it depends on the niche and how hard it is to reach your audience on the platform, but Twitter seems to be the best IMO. It is very easy to build a following on Twitter and people love to RT interesting stuff, so you are missing out on a ton of traffic if you aren't scheduling tweets, keeping the account active and alive throughout each and every day of the week.

cronik, Sep 12, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. findearnings

findearnings Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To expand on the Twitter suggestion above, one of the very best ways of getting your twitter following up is by interacting with authorities in your niche.

- Search for hashtags related to your niche (i.e #weightloss, #fitspiration)
    - Open up Excel (or a similar program) and make a list of the top 50 (minimum) people with a large following. This list will be useful later on as you start to build out your own epic content and want to interact with the influencers to get your message out.
    - Follow those influencers, and start to interact with them directly
    - Do this by replying to useful posts (preferably ones that already have several retweets or other replys)
    - You can also retweet some of their more useful tweets
    - This will attract people who end up following you (without you having to follow them first).
    - You are building a relationship with the influencers, while building your own authority.
    - As you create your own valuable pieces of content you'll want to find articles written by the top influencers, and link to those articles from within your own content (don't be afraid to link to competitors!)
    - Golden Nugget: Find that influencer on Twitter, and let them know that you thought their article was so cool that you referenced it in your own (include link to your content)
    - You have a decent chance of getting them to tweet it out, follow you, and continue building an important relationship for the future.

Hope that helps some people!

findearnings, Sep 12, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook and G+ have the most number audiences although it would be nicer if you have other alternatives like Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and so on.. You can also try youtube or vimeo if you have original videos to share.

Droid82, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  12. Chaseh2

Chaseh2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah in my experiences Facebook is a bit hit or miss. Glad to hear its been working for you though :) I personally find Instagram to be a strong driver of traffic

Chaseh2, Sep 15, 2014 IP
    danasurvey and Amanda103 like this.
  13. Steven J Wilson

Steven J Wilson Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Az

Unfortunately, Google has discontinued the use of Authorship. Matt Cutt's said one of the main reason was because not enough people were using it. I think it was because people were starting to abuse Authorship. Remember when Cutt's said that guest blogging was dead. I think the abuse on Authorship had a lot to do with the message behind that video. So many low quality post were being published for the sake of building a higher Authorship.

I think we should carry on just like Authorship was still around since we now know for a fact what type of information Google is looking for. Just because Authorship is not around doesn't mean they are not still collecting data on everything we do around the web especially on Google+.

Steven J Wilson, Sep 15, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally agree!

Droid82, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  15. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Instagram is also a good way to get more followers and yes whenever I post something I use relevant hashtags there as well. :)

Amanda103, Sep 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. skymoney

skymoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you like fast indexation use google+

skymoney, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  17. Steven J Wilson

Steven J Wilson Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree! At one point awhile back FB search results were horrible. Now, with the implementation of hashtags, when used properly, we can get good results!

Steven J Wilson, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  18. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try out Vk.com, it's the Russian alternative, it is a bit easyer to master and has big potential.

NewJoe, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  19. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think, in terms of coverage and audience FB has no alternatives. It doesn't matter, whether we are fed up with it or not - we still use it. As for other networks, I'd recommend focusing on twitter, G+ and Linkedin.

Sam42, Sep 19, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  20. Sazzad Hosain

Sazzad Hosain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, you can take a look at Facebriz Online Social Media at facebriz.com

Sazzad Hosain, Sep 20, 2014 IP