1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

where to invest nowadays?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Pepy, Aug 21, 2014.

Years ago I was lurking these forums in the search of ideas and methods that could make money online.

However, I was never persistent enough and after some fails and some minor success (made around 1k on arcade games but the market took a dive) I gave up.
    This of course, did not mean I would stop in the search for ways to make money.

After some time I found myself playing online poker. It was a hard start but I knew one thing for sure : trends change but the rules never do. After about 2 years of slow learning, with my single investment being 10 $ I became able to hit even up to low xx,xxx scores.

This has been my sole source of income for the last 1,5 years and I know people would say "you are doing good, keep doing what you do" but my interest for online businesses never ceased down.

Nowadays I am interested in starting something up or making an investment in a good idea. Something I could put anywhere from hundreds to thousands, especially if it is a promising minimal management / autopilot thing.
    Of course this has to be able to justify my opportunity cost hence I am not interested in making peanuts.

What would you guys do if you had anywhere from $xxx to high x,xxx to invest?

Also if anyone needs poker tips, feel free to pm.

Pepy, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  2. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is something you really need to figure out for yourself. I am sure there will be many people replying to this post but, it will all be the same. Facebook ads, solo ads. etc. etc. etc.

This question is asked hundreds, if not thousands of times on forums all over the net. Just use the search function on these forums and you will see.

Just start reading in all the different sub-forums, find something that interests you and go from there

al

agmccall, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  3. christian B

christian B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

if you have money to spend (understand: money you can lose), you can invest in digital currency (bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, ...)

christian B, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  4. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every IM products can be marketable and can bring lots of returns with a well executed marketing strategy. When it comes to what to invest in, you gonna have to find that out on your own, find something you are comfortable with.

Vitarank, Aug 21, 2014 IP
    Patricia Ann Lee likes this.
  5. leftwheel

leftwheel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look for programmers that need funding for developing their apps. Then become a partner of them and help then develop their app.

You might end up with a 20% stake in a company like "Snappchat" or "Instagramm".

leftwheel, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  6. Larry S:)

Larry S:) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Larry S:), Aug 21, 2014 IP
  7. VisualMarketing

VisualMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for investment in Internet based products, or open to other prospective idea's?

VisualMarketing, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  8. Pepy

Pepy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am more of being open to prospective ideas ; if I were to seek the partnerships that would belong in joint ventures sub-forum I believe.

Pepy, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  9. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    I would invest in cryptocurrency stuff as both ebay/paypal and google are interested in it as a payment method. If they start to support bitcoin then the value is going to skyrocket.

dailycoins, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  10. anta

anta Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If I were you, I'd invest in myself. Create product of my own that I can sell for years to come.

Since you could make money with online poker, why not start there, i.e you could make guide to make money with online poker, or being online poker consultant.

anta, Aug 23, 2014 IP
  11. Pepy

Pepy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not gonna work.There are a few problems with poker market; it is already extremely saturated and it is not growing at all. The amount of knowledge between existing players is increasing on a much faster rate compared to incoming cash flow from new inexperienced players.
    Knowledge is available everywhere and in order to cash a 4-5k monthly profit one needs to have a lot of knowledge and nerves.

Pepy, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  12. Clone UI

Clone UI Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My team is actually looking for investors to accelerate our current operations. We are a Software Development firm.
    Portfolio: http://bizlogicdev.com

Clone UI, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  13. VisualMarketing

VisualMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a search for Bitcoin and Crowdfunding - 2 new investment strategies which may be lucrative in the years to come. Neither are get rich quick, but if you check how the value of Bitcoin has increased over the last year or two, it could be worth getting into for future reward. Crowdfunding is also something which will become more and more popular as the banks tighten their belts and become ever more cautious about who to lend to. The SEC (USA) are in the process of working through the regulation of this, but it'll happen somehow, as banks have lost their credibility in todays society. (Just my 2 cents worth - or should it be 2 Bitcoins' worth?).

VisualMarketing, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  14. mikron

mikron Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everyone says that about their own market. I've worked with game developers who couldn't sell product because they said it was too saturated. I've worked with car dealerships who couldn't turn a profit because of economic climate and it was too saturated. I've worked with an insurance company who was competing with 5 other agencies in a small 11,000 pop city.

No matter how saturated you think your market it there is always a way you can sell your product. In fact it is much easier to sell to a saturated market then to open up a new market. The trick is to come up with a new device or promotion to sell your existing product. But you can try to sell a product on how to eliminate tilt. Create a video series on just 3 betting. etc... I don't know your market that well so I can't give you specifics. But if I were to pick your brain for 5 - 10 minutes I am sure I can find some angle that is new to sell to the poker market.

With that being said you probably aren't interested in selling a product. If you want to just invest the money I would purchase websites that are already bringing in money. You can get 50% - 200% on your investment yearly. I wouldn't invest in bitcoin unless you plan on holding for several years. And even then silver is a much safer investment.

mikron, Aug 25, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @mikron has it exactly right. The market you know is better than one you don't, especially if it is a new market that is unknown to you. The reason that the poker industry is saturated is because there is a lot of money being spent in that arena. And teaching poker is not the only option. Keep in mind that the biggest, longterm economic success story of the 1849 California gold rush was not the gold mining companies, nor the miners, nor the toolmakers, etc. It was Levi Strauss, the jeans maker.

It would be a useful exercise to spend a little time thinking outside the box for business ideas in an industry that you know.

jrbiz, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  16. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @Vitarank not all but I believe too that im products are marketable. It will take a lot of time and effort but with the right marketing strategies everything will be worth it. Choose the best product that you think will work for you and stick to it. Create a plan and an alternative plan, set goal/s, create a timeline. These are just the basics, easier said than done but if you never try then you'll never know :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  17. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Found a niche that you like, and keep working on it. It's not easy but in time results will come.

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  18. seoxpertz

seoxpertz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Working on a particular niche certainly helps a lot. You can invest in affiliate marketing and earn great benefits for lifetime.

seoxpertz, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  19. James Christy

James Christy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Invest in Tesla, if you look at what they have done so far and their potential, I think they are currently undervalued.

James Christy, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  20. shaniusmang

shaniusmang Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are investor, mean you just want to invest money no to do work then you can invest in forex and hire forex manager, but if you want to do work too then you can start your website with any service for example classified site, or start blogging but in these days CPA and affiliate marketing is fast growing business.

shaniusmang, Sep 17, 2014 IP