1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which is the best php or seo

Discussion in 'PHP' started by gyanender, Aug 21, 2014.

Hay guys,
    I have started working as an SEO and confused that which is the best. a php developer or an seo. i am having knowledge of php aslo. please help me out that which will be the best for me and where are more possibilities in future.

thanks....

gyanender, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  2. abhicyco

abhicyco Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me,
    PHP is programming and playing with stuffs. Its equivalent to playing a game on computer machine where at some levels you can clear easily and at some levels you might get stuck.
    SEO is about playing with google and other search engines to make your keywords reach at top
    With PHP your future perspective can be as
    PHP Developer => Sr. PHP Developer => Project Lead => Team Lead => Tech Lead => Project Manager/Solution Architect => Group Manager and so on
    With SEO your future perspective can be as
    SEO => Sr. SEO Consultant => SEO Expert => and then you might need to learn new things to do along with SEO to grow.
    PHP is running from decades, while SEO is in from last few years.
    PHP is programming, SEO is implementing and analysis.
    This is my opinion behind selecting PHP or SEO as a carrier option, further decision is in your hand.

You can read the article http://myphpscriptz.com/php-scripts-tutorials/why-php-will-last-for-decade-or-even-more/

abhicyco, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is a programming language, while "SEO" is a hype and bullshit most of the time.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If my great grandmother was still alive and fully retarded that is exactly how she would define php as but only after 7 or so drinks....

NetStar, Aug 21, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Between the broken Engrish moist goodry yodaspeak and completely unrelated topics in this thread, it's giving me a headache.

deathshadow, Aug 21, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and ROOFIS like this.
  6. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol .. I'd stick with the SEO buddy
    else
    PHP topics you seek, give you headaches they will!

:D:D:D

ROOFIS, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  7. abhicyco

abhicyco Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends.. If you want to use your unused brains go for PHP else SEO.. :p

abhicyco, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  8. trustjon

trustjon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a good problem solver, go for PHP. Not sure what skills are needed to be a SEO expert though. As far as future is concerned, be best in whatever you do and you have a bright future.

trustjon, Aug 24, 2014 IP
    KangBroke likes this.
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wish some people would not post.

This makes no sense at all. If you are a problem solver go for PHP????? WTF?!

If you want to develop for the web you have many options from Python, Ruby, PHP, ASP, Perl, C/C++/C#, VB, Java, ..., etc. Some languages are easier than others. PHP is the most forgiving language in the above list. Which means it's easy to design poor code and ignore best practices. However, to write quality code in any language you must master it.

SEO = Search Engine Optimization. The definition is optimizing your site for Search Engines so people can find you. This usually includes the practice of writing valid HTML code, keyword placement, content generation, link building, and complying with the Rules and Standards of the various search engines.

Which is better? I don't know.. what is better a Goat or a Cat? A Fish or a Broom? A Window or a Spoon? They have nothing in common. If you would like to make yourself a more attractive candidate for future employers and clients you should know PHP, learn SEO best practices, and be at least familiar with all other major languages and practices out there.

NetStar, Aug 24, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    OMG you put a bit of effort into that post and it's such nonsense!
    PHP has been around since '94, I started using it in '99 so your fortune telling has already been proven correct.

This forum was started in '04 and built on the demise of another forum called SEOChat. It was probably '99 when I discovered the phrase. I don't know what you think a few years looks like but over a decade is more than a few to me.

sarahk, Aug 24, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. trustjon

Best Answers:
    WOW. I am saved that I am not in front of you, or else you could have shot me.
    I respect your thoughts, and you should also respect others' and that doesn't mean that you have to agree with them.

And, as far as my comment is considered, I never said which is better (re-read my post). I said if you are a problem solver then there a high chance for you to be a good coder (and since the Thread opener was interested in PHP, I mentioned PHP). And its better to do something you are already good at. Problem (like in Math).

12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @trustjon I wasn't calling you out on that - did you read my post? I was calling you out on saying things like "SEO is in from last few years" when it's clearly bullshit and devalues anything else you might have to say.

sarahk, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  13. trustjon

Best Answers:
    @sarahk I did not refer to your post. Please read my post, I got little upset that someone even has the authority to judge if I could post in a public forum or not.

14. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk - SEO has only become a hype the last... maybe 8-10 years. And it's still a garbage "profession", as what makes a page high-ranking is plainly obvious, and rests on mostly proper coding, good content etc.
    Gaming search results, which some SEO-idiots do, usually ends up in worse ratings, or blocking - I dunno, to me, SEO is a hyped-up designation, meaning next to nothing.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 25, 2014 IP
    ROOFIS likes this.
  15. DavidNBrooks

DavidNBrooks Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me you can't compare SEO and PHP, PHP is more of logic while SEO is more of observation and implementation of things that you got out of your observation. For some, SEO is just next to nothing, and for some it is a marketing business that will make you rich in an year or two. All you need is a good partner because you yourself can't handle every up-downs of rankings and clients in next five years if you target non English countries it may raise your profits more than double.

DavidNBrooks, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  16. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nuff said! :):):)

ROOFIS, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  17. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like turtles.

nico_swd, Aug 25, 2014 IP
    deathshadow and ROOFIS like this.
  18. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    therefore your argument is valid! :rolleyes:

damn this threads got more logic than the OP's topic!
    :D

ROOFIS, Aug 25, 2014 IP
  19. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't we have a thread a while back... Which is better? Bacon or a Pencil? A car or a backpack? Outer space or Kevin Bacon? Cheese or WD-40?

Really, that's how mind-numbingly stupid this thread is; the two are basically so unrelated that it's shocking anyone even bothered trying to give a legitimate answer.

deathshadow, Aug 25, 2014 IP
    nico_swd and ROOFIS like this.