1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress Multisite: How to clone main site?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jhashan, Aug 20, 2014.

Hi I have a WordPress multisite installation, I want to clone my main domain site to another sub site like example.com clone to test.example.com, I used NS Cloner but I see its working fine for cloning sub site but when I going to clone my main site giving an error

" We recommend always using full, SEO friendly titles in your Site Titles even when testing, so the title of your source site should contain at least one space (this helps prevent unintended database value replacements).Change your source title here."

I already deleted my site title and description but still give same error. Can anyone help me?

jhashan, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am in the middle of doing a few of these actually. From what I gather you can not clone the root site. There seems to be a range of reasons why that is the case.

I will have to track this down.... but this looks a bit sounder http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/new...-site-cloning-plugin-for-wordpress-multisite/

Also, if I understand correctly, you can more so manually create a site real fast and set that as the root site if you will. Then you are able to clone the main site. When done you can simply set that back.

I will try to track down where I read that from for you. I am sorta neck deep in this stuff this week lol...

Sorta my first foray into network mode. Its pretty fun so far.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  3. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    How about installing wordpress on the subdomain and using the export / import functions to create the copy of that website. Copy also the theme files and plughins to the subdomain files and you'll have the replica in less than 30 minutes.

yanpub, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  4. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    Or save a backup of the files and database and upload it on the subdomain and with a few minor changes in the database you'll have the clone live there.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    yanpub, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:

Because that defeats the point of MPMU entirely. Though, you should be able to add a pre existing subdomain to the network.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  6. jhashan

jhashan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Nigel, for your quick reply. You post give me a great idea, I will implement that.

jhashan, Aug 20, 2014 IP