1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad Vs The Good Of Social Networking?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by razsports1, Aug 13, 2014.

I helped manage a 48 unit apartment complex in the city of Los Angeles. Part of my job was to write ads to post on rent.com, zillow and craigslist. I also used social networking sites like twitter and facebook. I had many conversations with the tenants about social networking. One of the tenants mentioned how facebook has terrible customer service. "You cannot get in touch with them about issues you are having."

So my question is real simple:) What do you like or not like about facebook/twitter?

razsports1, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, there is nothing to dislike about facebook and twitter.
    I like it the way it is. If I don't like it, then I'll just deactivate my account instead and live the normal life ahaha just saying :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  3. dipti009

dipti009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are definite pros and cons of social networking, Social networking has penetrated into lives of millions. just think can we think about living without social networking sites, now they have become our need.

dipti009, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  4. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are always things to dislike about the social networks we use -- like FB constantly changing things, primarily its security settings, or how you cannot tag businesses from mobile devices. But the question is... are these things so important in our lives that they truly matter that much?

JessUBotNinja, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about Facebook and their customer service. It is very lacking. They never respond to any inquiries. With that said though, social media is a great source for quality traffic.

danasurvey, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  6. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking is an extremely powerful platform for both personal and professional use. Social media add a new angle and in turn increase your exposure. It do work and have great long term benefits if implemented correctly. Time management of social networking activities must be monitored seriously or else your business may suffer serious damage.

born_star16, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  7. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think all social networking sites are important and I agree that there is nothing like bad or good about them it's just of I get bored I just switched some other social networking site for sometime.

Amanda103, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  8. Ricky K. Tallent

Ricky K. Tallent Peon

Best Answers:
    Every things has its advantages and disadvantages it mainly depends how we use it. Some of the advantages of Social media are:
    1. Social media began as a spot to unite with your friends in a simple an advantageous way.
    2. With interpersonal organizations we can convey our considerations and discernment over diverse subjects with an expansive number of gatherings of people, and raise our voice
    3. Organizations have recognized the estimation of informal communities throughout our life, and they are utilizing distinctive strategies to advertise their items.
    Disadvantages of Social Media are :
    1. Numerous studies have demonstrated that the broad utilization of social networking can really cause addiction to the users.
    2. Great utilization of online networking has decreased the level of human communication. In view of informal organizations the cooperation with other individuals has been to be easy and individuals have separated their lives behind their online characters
    3. Basically organizations use online networking to discover and speak with customers. Yet it is an incredible preoccupation to workers, who may indicate more enthusiasm toward what their companions are posting than in their work task.

Ricky K. Tallent, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    Amanda103 and danasurvey like this.
  9. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Advantages: You reach a much broader audience in an easy way. Disadvantages: The rules are always changing, so you have to do a lot of research to keep up with that audience... especially lately with FB since people seem to be seeing fewer of the posts that they want to see.

Boost_Software, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  10. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same can be said about SEO, perhaps even more so. SEO is so different now than it was before the Panda and Penguin updates. The Internet is always evolving.

danasurvey, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  11. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see the need not to like fb and twitter, simply because they can bring targeted traffic and high conversions Just sayin' :)

Vitarank, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi that's quite interesting I like your third point. There are multinational companies which create their new products and upgrade or change their old or existing products and services by just taking survey on social networking sites. So I believe these social networking sites have their own way of communicating with ordinary people, companies and brands.

Amanda103, Aug 21, 2014 IP