1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

19-Year-Old Lost $46,000 Because Google Says He Didn't Follow Their Rules

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by giorgioarmani, Aug 19, 2014.

An interesting read via Business Insider:

Idris Sami is a 19-year-old French-Moroccan entrepreneur who set up a website that lets people text their friends for free. Don't have a phone, or want to avoid mobile data charges? No problem. MesTextos lets French-speakers text their friendsfrom the website. MesTextos isn't going to threaten WhatsApp anytime soon, but in Europe and the Middle East, where alternative messaging services are more popular, free texting is a nice little niche to occupy.

Unlucky or confirmed 'Google AdSense Leak' Conspiracy?

giorgioarmani, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    seems a bit off, but the point that the sales team don't work with the compliance team is the key.

If you value your account and are making good money make sure your practices are squeaky clean. I'd make sure that
    • the ads have sufficient white space around them to ensure that people don't click them when they actually want content
    • the ads aren't blended
    • there is no text anywhere on the site that could be construed to be soliciting clicks.

sarahk, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google looses out to if they ban legit accounts as they no longer earn any future income from that account.
    They will only ban if they have legit reasons and for an account as big as this one, they must have had good data to back it up. Whinging to the media is not going to get the account back as it was just not worth it to the advertisers to keep paying money for adverts on that site.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Agent000, Aug 19, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and sarahk like this.
  4. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @giorgioarmani

I had the exact same website as him and Google cut my adsense account 9 months later.... Probably right around the time I started to hit $2,000 a month is when they started looking into exactly how my website was set up..

Anyway, long story short, I applied for a new account and got one, but didn't set up another ONLINE TEXTING website again. :(

Now, I'm not even clearing $100 a month....lmao!

I have a buddy of mine running a similar site and its still kickin at this moment. He's being running adsense with it right from the start and is now clearing $50,000 a month....

BOOOM!

GuruCreation, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  5. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not buying this. I personally do not like Google and I could certainly understand why someone would want to bad rap them. But the fact is, Google is a multi-billion dollar corporation with way to much to lose by defrauding someone of $46k. Google is way too business savvy to threaten their reputation over such a miniscule amount of money...

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that this is fraud? As soon as Google detect it you will be banned again. They also reserve the right to pursue you with further legal action against for that fraud.

Agent000, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  7. NRamzani

NRamzani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you sure. Google Adsense is not a scam. Adsense is the best of advertising networks. I have a website and i earned $100 and they paid me. They're not cheaters.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    NRamzani, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think @NRamzani you've missed the point - the allegation is that they are cheating their big earners. I'm not in that category so have no experience, neither are you.

sarahk, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  9. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for looking out! Keep up the GREAT work man!

Keep it real and make some money BUDDY!

GuruCreation, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  10. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Under the TOS once banned you can't legally re-apply and if you do so it is as Agent000 said, fraud.
    Also I would point out that the subject raised in the first post e.g. the ban, could well be because under Google TOS you can't run adsense in any form of 'chat' situation, texts would fall under that I guess. So they'd be perfectly within their rights to ban anyone for that

Wouldn't laugh. Here's a thought, fraud in the US can carry 25 years to life, do you live in a country without an extradition treaty with the US? For $50k fraud, do you seriously think they wouldn't come after you. Read the TOS - You know the legally binding agreement you first signed up to, the one you broke when you reapplied. Personally I wouldn't lock horns legally with a multi billion dollar company. Also with 100 people working on anti adsense fraud in the UK alone, you can bet they monitor the adsense section of this forum. Then they could probably track you back fairly easily from the sites in your signature or simply blacklist those sites from google without even telling you. Whatever you have thought of Google is 2-3 steps ahead of you. In Europe they've already hit some people with jail time for adsense fraud. Advertising is their lifeblood so they fiercely protect the interests of their advertisers - wouldn't you?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    adsenseplr, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  11. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Nothing changed in my re-application... Actually, 1 thing did, my website that abides by their TOS..

Thanks for the insight though.

Keep it real!

;)

GuruCreation, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  12. Ahmed Shawan

Ahmed Shawan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google is too strict in their policy that's why the man Sami Idris never got the check, at least until issuing the check Google adsense reviewed his application, website and other materials so they must banned him right then. If you want to hit $1k/day or more then you have to make a niche blog that can attract 100k visitors per day.

Ahmed Shawan, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  13. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Here he is from last year...and he's using a FREE SMS (TEXTING) website to do it.

Maybe I can get him to do a more recent screencast of his adsense account.

GuruCreation, Aug 22, 2014 IP
  14. desireable

desireable Active Member

Best Answers:

can you share the url of your friends website ?

desireable, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  15. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    I will leave that up to him... I'll point him at this thread.

Otherwise, it's like I mentioned above... Online SMS/Texting website.

YuP!

GuruCreation, Aug 27, 2014 IP