1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo email acoount

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Ashford2, Aug 12, 2014.

I am having problem with my yahoo email account, cause it takes time for the account to open, initially i thought it was something to do with my browser but it was not so i have tried to contact yahoo but to no reply from them could someone advice me

Ashford2, Aug 12, 2014 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long has this been happening? Maybe it was just a temporary issue? Are you still having trouble?

Have you tried another browser?

Are you having any connection issues?

danasurvey, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  3. Matthew Rogers

Matthew Rogers Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably just a temporary issue. Try opening it on an incognito browser if you have a chrome and see if that helps. You also might want to try to ping yahoo and see if it is timing out or if you are having connectivity issues.

Matthew Rogers, Aug 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has been having problems for about a month and Yahoo mail isn't the only thing being affected. Yahoo Answers has been especially problematic lately. Just be patient; I'm sure they're working on it.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has been having problems for longer than a month. I use Yahoo as my search engine. As Google does, Yahoo uses a redirect from its search engine results to monitor click-throughs. Sometimes you click on a Yahoo search engine result and the redirect never happens. Yahoo's search engine has problems, Yahoo email has problems, Yahoo has problems.

Since Yahoo dumped their advertising network and started using Adsense and stopped producing their own search results and uses Microsoft/Bing, Yahoo is not much of a company any more. It is a hollow company, which is a business that produces little of its own product and is nothing more than a marketing business. Other than Yahoo's home page portal, they really are not much of anything. As Yahoo does very little of its own stuff, it is not surprising they are having problems.

billzo, Aug 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo may be hollow on most major traditional fronts, but it is still mighty. It remains #4 on Alexa's list of the top 10 sites on the entire Internet, above Amazon, Wikipedia, Twitter, etc. Microsoft (Bing, Live) isn't even in the top 10. How long this remains is anyone's guess, but it appears Yahoo still has enough going for it to last for the long haul:

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/US

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    melprise, Aug 17, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same experience, what I did is that I just enter my mobile number for verification.

Dario McNut, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo email has been down for hours as of now. Since Marissa Mayer took over as CEO of Yahoo, the company has turned to crap. I guess I will have to start migrating everything over to Gmail accounts since Yahoo is so incompetent. A search using Google limited to the past 24 hours shows complaints about Yahoo email being down for 21 hours now. I have also found complaints of days or weeks of recent emails missing from inboxes.

billzo, Sep 22, 2014 IP