1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

footer question

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ralph-design, Aug 16, 2014.

When you are making a website, as you add content the footer goes down. When i make a site with not much content the footer is not at the bottom so i position it absolute and bottom:0;

My question is what if i have enough content for some pages but for others i don't and at the same time i don't want the footer that high on the page but at the bottom because then it will look weird. Anyone know what will i do in that case?

ralph-design, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  2. AlbCoder

AlbCoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try giving a height property to your content container but would be better to see a live link

AlbCoder, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  3. ralph-design

ralph-design Peon

Best Answers:
    yea but the thing is i left the header and footer out of the container on purpose because i wanted the header and footer to take the whole page in width which it currently is. And then the content will be 1000px.

4. AlbCoder

AlbCoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we have no idea about your code or page I can say nothing.

AlbCoder, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  5. ralph-design

ralph-design Peon

Best Answers:
    I figured it out. I made one of the main sections a certain height with a different id and another section in another page with a different id and height so they can each specifically be a certain height. So in a way you did help me,just that i needed a certain section with different id so they have their own unique height. Thanks for the help.