1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick and tired of Facebook. Any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ALuna, Aug 15, 2014.

I'm sick and tired of outsourcing my traffic to Facebook in order to get "followers" and "likes" which only translates to a very minimal number of people seeing what I post, and liking what I post, each day. It's frustrating to have 21K genuine likes on a Facebook page dedicated to your website, and only get about 500+ people seeing each post every day. All the time and energy directed towards Facebook does not at all seem worth it.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for popular (or more obscure) Social Networks or other community-based websites that are good (and fair) alternatives for marketing and promoting a personal website/blog?

This would be a really big help ...

ALuna, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, or Linked In? All can be good sources of traffic, but you need to get out there. Make interesting posts, follow others, like their pages and posts, etc.

danasurvey, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  3. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    One of the methods with which I drive traffic to one of my sites that has the social follower tendency is using the power of Tumblr. Although tumblr is not as big as fb or twitter but it sure has a large followership. Though the system I am about to outline may require a bit of time but in the long run, the effort will be well worth it.

What you will do is build a miniblog on tumblr and that is similar to your main site. The essence is you want targeted traffic.

When you build the miniblog, you tend to gain followers interested in the content that you are offering. Be active and post regularly. With each post, you can direct your followers and their followers to the desired site. The traffic will keep on coming as long as you mini blog is active. You can also link to your miniblog when you make a post on your main site.

However, because tumblr is a visual site, let your content be more of visual content like pictures, videos and infogram.

In gaining followers and traffic, you need to follow, like and reblog the active blogs in your niche by searching using your niche keywords. When you do these, you tend to get attention from other blogs and they tend to reciprocate. After some time, you can decide to unfollow those inactive blogs.

Secondly, you can also exploit the power of instagram in driving targeted traffic to your site. Note that instagram is a mobile application and most of all you will be doing will be through your phone.

When you sign up, fill the appropriate fields and include your website address in your profile in the appropriate field. Make few interesting post (pictures) before you start following people. After making the post, search for other users in you niche with great followership and begin to follow the users. Do that for several accounts and you will see that people will begin to follow you back.

When you make a post even on a new account and you use relevant hashtags, you will discover that other users will find, like and comment on your picture especially when it is a very good one

talktotop, Aug 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. ALuna

ALuna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Danasurvey, I've tried Twitter and Pinterest, and while they are good, they aren't as effective as Facebook in my experience. As for Google+ and LinkedIn, I will research more into them although I'm not sure they possess what I desire (from what I've experienced).

Talktotop, great suggestions here. I was considering looking into Tumblr, and your suggestions have motivated me more. Great ideas, thank you.

ALuna, Aug 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    Aluna, Tumblr is indeed worth the your time and energy. Give it a shot and you will be amazed at the traffic surge your main site will experience

talktotop, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  6. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    Although i use Facebook as well, i also supplement my traffic with Google+ & Twitter. I really like Google+ because i can link in the authorship from my blog posts to my Google+ account which makes my posts more noticeable on search engine results.

Too busy with different projects, but i will also be using Pinterest when time allows...

Az

Asif Aziz, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  7. SamZig

SamZig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should also try sites like Sulia and Scoop.it.
    They also give you good visibility, and your posts are also picked up by Search engines quickly.

Also, what Asif mentioned is a big plus. Use G+ and the communities within.

SamZig, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  8. ALuna

ALuna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google+, Sulia, Scoop.it - some good suggestions here. However, I'm more interested in creating a community feel. So far Tumblr seems to be the best option for that ...

ALuna, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  9. Clone UI

Clone UI Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for sharing Sulia & Scoop.it, ladies & gentlemen. I never knew about them until now. The quality of their content is much better than any other social networks out there.

Clone UI, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  10. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Don't irritate to work on facebook. I think you have good response from facebook. So you can ad more social networks. Here is the following list:
    Linkedin
    Twitter
    Google+
    Hi5
    Friendfeed
    Pinterest
    Vk

Henry Calvin, Aug 18, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. efforts unlimited

efforts unlimited Member

Best Answers:
    ok.make use of pinterest,linked in and twitter for more response.Dont get stick to fb only.

efforts unlimited, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  12. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Today the fastest social networking site after facebook is instagram. I think you can also try creating account there and on Pinterest as well. YouTube is another best option.

Amanda103, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  13. ALuna

ALuna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Love this list! As effortsunlimited mentioned above, it's best not to limit yourself to Facebook ... who knows what will happen in the future? It's best to expand as much as possible across as many different mediums available to ones needs.

ALuna, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  14. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All top social networking sites have been stated, so I'm just gonna comment on the getting tired thing with fb thing. Don't give up just yet, you have already have a good fan base, try incorporating a bit of entertainment on your posts. Entertaining posts these days are easy to go viral, dont neglect what your brand want to say though when you try to incorporate entertainment on your posts.

Vitarank, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  15. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe that's right facebook is not that bad it's indeed a good social network to communicate and for good marketing as well. There are also other social networking sites and the need is to expand your business by using all the other social networking sites for the best results.

Amanda103, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  16. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    I have a weight loss blog and use all the main social media channels. However from a traffic point of view they do the best in the following order:

Pinterest
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Google+
    Linkedin
    Social bookmarking sites

I have also found a similar problem with Facebook and find that Facebook doesn't like it if you post to it more than twice a day and find that on Facebook some nice social media images and blog posts is all that you need.

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  17. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are several. you can cosider vk, state, quora, Newsana, stumbleupon too.

Manoj_Online, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  18. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    It can be frustrating but have you consider
    when your fans are actively facebook, that's
    the only way to get more engagement to
    your post. And also maybe you should see what
    others are sharing on other fan pages then mimic
    what they do in your own words and don't try to
    reinvent the wheel.

mbanj, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  19. musfiq91

musfiq91 Member

Best Answers:
    You can Use Bangladeshi social site beshto.com .Its totally new and have new features . you can try it , I hope you can love it .

musfiq91, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  20. serkaneser

serkaneser Peon

Best Answers:
    for blog photos
    instagram can be use and you can advertise to your product and take some traffics that include many buyers

serkaneser, Aug 27, 2014 IP