1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review new funfactz.com design!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Galaxian, Aug 1, 2014.

http://www.funfactz.com/

I've just updated the website with an improved grid layout that looks better in mobile view. Please tell me what you think of the overall design. :)

Galaxian, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  2. mrdigital

mrdigital Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice.

mrdigital, Aug 15, 2014 IP
    Galaxian likes this.
  3. newdomains

newdomains Member

Best Answers:
    Nicely designed. The only issue I have is that I don’t see any point in placing feedback/contact form on Home Page.

newdomains, Aug 15, 2014 IP
    Galaxian likes this.
  4. pennman

pennman Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, the concept is amazing and unique in itself. You have picked up nice topic and the content is really impressive. You have provided a simple small title saying all about the story of that fact. That saves time of people visiting the website. If a person finds a specific post to be interesting, he/she will get through the post and will read more about it in detail. The website is jampacked with so many contents, listed under a number of categories, that the interest will increase day by day. The site design is quite good and so the logo, too. Great share, mate.

Bookmarked.

pennman, Sep 1, 2014 IP
    Galaxian likes this.
  5. Galaxian

Galaxian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! The feedback link is in the footer. It's not that noticeable, I know, but if anyone wanted it, they can find it.

Thanks, I really appreciate such positive feedback! The site has been evolving since it was first created a few years ago. A while back I started adding reference/source links for more info, and recently I've started adding more information in the form of articles attached to the facts so they don't have to leave the site if they want the gist of it.

I plan on continuing to update the functionality while maintaining the flow of content. One new idea that I have is to add the attached images as a faded out background on the fact boxes in the lists. Makes them become more unique and less bland. What do you think about that?

I'm glad to hear that you liked it enough to bookmark it. :)

Galaxian, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  6. wordslinger

wordslinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funfactz - the title says it all. The site is full of fun. Well, a person visiting the site can simply do only thing, going from one section to another because of the curiosity of knowing what's the next.

I would like to add something in the fact list. The pictures say more than what a thousand words can describe. Adding images will be an add on to it. Great work, dude. Keep it up.

wordslinger, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  7. strawberry123

strawberry123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey, just checked your fun website... but it looks so serious... so dark... i'm really scared...:D Try to display pictures on your main page, it will make your blog more attractive

strawberry123, Sep 6, 2014 IP
  8. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with everyone. The site is fun and original. I like how each fact has a link to that type of category, so if interested you can find other facts easily. It is easily read and clean. I just think that the colors should be a bit brighter and not so dark. I also think that if there is picture linked to the fact that it should be used/shown. I did click on the "picture link" on numerous facts with no picture :(
    Other than that good job and Best of Luck to You

KatnissEverdeen, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  9. Galaxian

Galaxian Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I love to hear! Thanks!

I shall do. Thank you. :)

Thanks, I agree it does have a dark tone, but I like the current colour combination. I'll let it stand for now. Regarding image, I think I'll definitely do that soon.

About the "picture link" that has "no picture", could you show me please? If that text/icon comes up, it means that there's definitely a picture attached.

I've recently removed the links on the references, picture, and more info icons and placed the link directly on the fact text. It's all on that page. Previously, those 3 icons were links to the same page, so I thought I'd just combine them and link it on the fact text above. Make sense?

Galaxian, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  10. Solo'traff

Solo'traff Banned

Best Answers:
    Well , one thing that popped up in my mind ...
    "GREAT DESIGN"

Solo'traff, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  11. juerald

juerald Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice materials inside, i like that site and will visit it again for sure.

juerald, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  12. Gladiatus

Gladiatus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love design, it looks really amazing.
    Only thing I would change is the fonts. I mean fonts are good, but there are too many of them. Logo, navigation bar, search bar, titles, facts text, details for facts etc. It looks like every section of website have different font and it is quite confusing for eyes (hard to read). I would never use more than 2-3 fonts on my website. I usually use One font for logo and one or two fonts for all content

Gladiatus, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  13. skymoney

skymoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like your design and usability! but maybe box with facts make yellow with black font?

skymoney, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  14. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's great I love it and I love sites like this.

Only thing that I could suggest to make the site a bit more user friendly and less text orientated (which I know is the whole point of the site) would be to have an image for each fact like uberfacts has.

But apart from that, it's great.

Hows your traffic going for it?

amcg, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  15. skymoney

skymoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    found the image for each fact is very difficult..

skymoney, Sep 16, 2014 IP