1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

change host name of my server and cpanel unlicensed

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by diljani, Aug 6, 2014.

I have an ovh server. Some days before I just login in my WHM and I change host name server1.domain.com to ip of my server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. after that change I have lost access of cpanel. When I login root I got this error screen.

Thank You for installing cPanel & WHM.

In order to access the interface, you will need to make sure that the software license on this server is active and installed.

Your license could not be activated because:

Cannot Read License File

1. First, go to http://verify.cpanel.net/ and enter the public IP address of this server to make sure it is licensed.
    2. If licensed, try running /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt from the command line as root.
    3. You'll also need to make sure that port 80 is open to contact our license server and that your server's hostname is a FQDN.
    I verify my ip is active on cpanel, port 80 is open and I try to login SSH root but I remember I block SSh access of my server for security purpose.

I tried a lot to submit tickets to ovh and cpanel but as usual they are unable to resolve my issue.

I also try OVH server rescue mode loging recue SSh root, mount drive chroot.
    run command /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
    got msg...
    root@rescue [/]# /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
    Updating cPanel license...Error, do this: mount -t proc none /proc
    Done. Update succeeded.
    Building global cache for cpanel...hostname: Unknown host
    Done

unable to resolve issue.

Now I want help if anyone can help me.

diljani, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  2. aGig

aGig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your license provider will have to edit your license in Cpanels system.

Some providers use automated tools to provision and track licenses. Providers like softlayer have great api and tools for you and them to manage servers and software licenses. The fqdn issue happens quite a bit if the tools fail or there are none in place.

Good luck.
    Mark

aGig, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's nothing you're going to be able to do on your server without SSH access. You are very likely going to need to reinstall the OS. Perhaps the cPanel folks will be able to help you if you submit a support ticket to them, but again, without access to WHM or SSH, I'm not really sure what they're going to be able to do for you.

WSWD, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  4. wiredcom

wiredcom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just go to where you bought your cpanel license and re-issue it. It's very easy.

wiredcom, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not the problem. There's nothing to reissue. cPanel licenses are based on IP addresses, not hostnames, so there is something else at play here. The OP said he changed the hostname, but the IP address has not changed.

WSWD, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  6. AdamUK89

AdamUK89 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Do you have access KVM Over IP?

You may be able to fix it that way, or the only other way is maybe a OS Reload, but your going to lose your data.

Regards,
    Adam

AdamUK89, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  7. AaRAdyOcU

AaRAdyOcU Member

Best Answers:
    Reinstall oS.Next cPanel install.

AaRAdyOcU, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  8. Paul Martin Luther

Paul Martin Luther Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously the experience tells it is not so user-friendly.
    I would prefer to switch to other reputable, long established, largest web hosting.

Paul Martin Luther, May 23, 2016 IP