1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What job someone can do on London (England)?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Megamon, Aug 9, 2014.

So i was wondering what job someone can do on london without like having a license about his job et.c

Megamon, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I hear begging is pretty big business.

malky66, Aug 9, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honest truth mate, as I'm from the UK and have visited london, alot. I have to say if you want to do work in London, you'll find something.
    I'm assuming by licence you mean visa. I guess if you find a job, they could sponsor you.
    Alternatively people busk, beg, sell their art work, do street art, magic all sorts.

Hopefully that helps you. A lot of tourism, so if you can find the right idea, you'll make some £££ there.

Sycrid, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, here in the U.S., some beggars reportedly make $75,000 per year if they have a hot street corner. We live in the suburbs outside of Providence, RI and in a neighboring town there is a series of big shopping centers. There is a "regular" beggar at one of the intersections and he is sometimes replaced by his wife/significant other. They drive up in a $60,000 SUV to drop the other person off. Both my wife and I have witnessed this several times over the past few years.

jrbiz, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  5. MoneyWrite

MoneyWrite Member

Best Answers:
    Are you from the EU or not? If you are an EU citizen then you don't need a visa and at the moment the London market seems quite hot.

If not, then some of the larger catering chains (Pret a Manger particularly) seems to be sponsoring people through the visa process as there are an awful lot of people there who are not from the EU. The pay is not great. I would be sure th check rather than assume, as I have no direct knowledge.

If you can sell things this is a dying art and you will be able to make some sort of living.

However the political atmosphere is at the moment very anti-immigration so there are probably fewer opportunities than there were before the financial cras.

Sorry I can't be of any further help on this.

MoneyWrite, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  6. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the same here mate, we have people like this in the UK, which have made a living off of others generosity.

Sycrid, Aug 9, 2014 IP