1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've been using duplicate (stolen) content since more than one year.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by corsicanu46, Dec 6, 2006.

A freelance copywriter sold it to me as original content and I was dumb enough to not check it online for autencity. I have 10 articles like this on my website, Copyscape see 50% of the content in each article as stolen. They are all optimized for my targetted keyword.

What can I do now? I'm affraid to simply remove the pages because they are all being ranked by google and that will leave me with almost no content.

What should I do now?

1) Pay a copywriter to write original content but keep the titles and keyword density?

2) I have no idea

3) Please help.

I really appreciate your help guys as this site is my only source of income and I spent thousands of hours working on it :((((

Thank you,
    Adrian

corsicanu46, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Search for a sentence from your article on Google and see if your website comes up top. If there are loads of places with the same article and your site is not ranking near the top then remove the content.

Whether you remove the content or not its always a good idea to write some more.

mad4, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  3. solomonrothman

solomonrothman Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have the right idea with "Pay a copywriter to write original content but keep the titles and keyword density?", although you don't have to worry too much about matching keyword density as long as the new article is also optimized for the same keyword string.

I definitley wouldn't remove the pages. I would find a new copywriter and get those articles rewritten asap. How long are the articles? If they are 500 words or less you should be able to find a good copywriter for under $40 per article. If you're looking for the absolute cheapest possible solution you can probably find someone willing to write the articles for $15 each, but by going that cheap you're more likely to run into problems and the quality probably won't be there.

I work for Acclivity, Inc (acclivitymarketing.com) as a web designer and SEO consultant. Our blog is syndicated by Webpronews and we have an excellent copywriter named Aurora (see webpronews.com/blogtalk/blogtalk/wpn-58-20061204RedefiningQualityContentForTheWeb.html, and auroramae.com). She'll give you 10 professional articles for $250.

Hope that helps,

Solomon (srothman@acclivitymarketing.com)

solomonrothman, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  4. axiale05

axiale05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    better to remove and replace with a new article

axiale05, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  5. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely have the content rewritten, but also check your rankings as well? How are they with these articles.

Make sure whoever you choose to write articles for you, that they go thru Copyscape before payment. You could have them show you screen shots of the testing page of Copyscape for each article written.

<small plug>The guys that I have write articles for me in my signature run it thru Copyscape before sending to me...if they are caught via Copyscape, the articles are rewritten until unique </small plug> :)

Voasi, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  6. dreamsubmitting

dreamsubmitting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think you need to place link to where you stollen content or write based on that.

dreamsubmitting, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  7. candid_kris

candid_kris Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with this...Ask your writer about it and if you can get the links on where he/she get those articles from put it's link on your page...Create some new unique contents for your site, it'll definitely help you...if you can write it on your own and you'll be sure that it wasn't duplicate with other site's contents...:)

candid_kris, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  8. angel_face

angel_face Banned

Best Answers:
    Im Sure That has a same sentence... because as you said it is "STOLEN"

angel_face, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  9. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    experience writer can manage he will rewrite make them orginal.Just give those articles and keywords.

seo-mumbai, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  10. Sistah

Sistah Peon

Best Answers:
    remove and replace it with your own content or better yet write some more

Sistah, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  11. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    The duplicate content is still valuable to your website, as it will bring in some traffic as well as set the 'theme'. Keep the articles you've got, and invest in some new ones (which may or may not be unique).

Cryo.

Cryogenius, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  12. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    I can't believe people are telling you to keep the articles, this is plagiarism and screams copyright infringement.

I would remove the articles.... The original site where the articles were taken from could come after you. You got away with it for a year but all it takes is for them to fill out some paper work with Google and you could vanish from Google and lose your adsense account. They could even seek legal recourse but usually its not worth the trouble so that’s why many people take the google DMCA way to get you banned. Its not worth the trouble....

Ask for a refund.

ConstantContent, Dec 10, 2006 IP
    LadyHoldem likes this.
  13. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your ranking for the articles google probably sees yours as the original in which case you shouldn't change anything. Just keep writing your own content. DO NOT USE FREELANCERS AS THEY ARE MOSTLY CROOKED. The only sites I would trust is rentacoder.com. The more articles that are original that you have on your site the more google will think yours are the original especially if your were uploaded and indexed first and your site has a higher rep.

visio, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  14. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of reason, I am very scared of buying content.

but not sure on what to do to get good content for my sites.

Reading this thread my help me get some of my questions answered.

Thanks for Starting a nice thread.
    (Note: I do not have any stolen content - Looking to buy good content)

Thanks

stock_post, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  15. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hire a company that has a reputation and look into their portfolio to check and make sure it is all unique. Getting a good seo and a copyrighter is good but they are hard to come by. If you send me a PM I will give you a friends email who does this but you must promise to keep it safe and not re-post it. This guy is highly reputable and very good at what he does.

visio, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  16. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    I have heard many rentacoder nightmares....

Here is an idea.... use a company that checks for originally for you, checks for quality for you, checks for plagiarism, and where you can see the articles first before you buy. Not to mention a refund if you find any of the above. Hint... Constant-Content.com

17. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well there are crooked buyers too so honest companies don't always want to give out the articles first or whatever they are selling. DO NOT USE FREELANCERS. I repeat...

visio, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  18. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure... but for example on Constant-Content we give 70% of the article. Which is usually enough to decide if the article will work for you. If you want the entire article you have to pay for it.

19. LadyHoldem

LadyHoldem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a 100% honest freelance writer.. did I miss something here, are you insulting us as a whole? My suggestion is to use a freelance writer with a reputation that screams honesty..

As for the original articles.. maybe theyre freebies? If not, get ridda them fast and avoid a lawsuit..

~LadyH

LadyHoldem, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  20. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long were the articles up before you checked them and found duplicate copy? Are you certain someone has not copied them from you and did a partial rewrite? If a year has passed it is possible that the duplicate content you are seeing could be stolen from you.

livingearth, Dec 10, 2006 IP
    LadyHoldem likes this.