1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to generate more traffic/sales?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ld_west, Aug 5, 2014.

Hi guys.

My partners and I run a mostly eCommerce business selling unique cell phone and wallet holsters. You can check it out here: www.ldwest.com

My question is, how can we generate more traffic flow with hopes of increasing sales? Instagram is our strongest tool for sales.
    We have done multiple Facebook ads and we even have a PR firm working on getting us reviews on a lot of fashion-tech type blogs which have done alright for the ROI but nothing beats Instagram so far.

This is my first eCommerce business and we decided to grow it this way and avoid typical brick and mortar retail business so we can capitalize and monopolize our brand and our patented products since we are the only ones doing this and we're doing pretty well for our first few months now. We launched officially April 2014.
    I want to set and hit new sales goals every month but i feel we are plateauing with our reach.

Any ideas, tricks or tips I may be missing?

Thank you,

J.R.

ld_west, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It will sound kinda basic, but did you also try AdWords and/or Bing Ads? Since your niche is narrow focusing on a specific group people, I don't think you will have much competition out there. You'd better hurry, by the way, someone may come up with something similar yet more affordable and then your opportune time will be gone.

qwikad.com, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  3. ld_west

ld_west Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.
    We did not try bing ads. Didn't even think of it since we automatically always use google.
    Adwords seems complicated. Have you had good response with it in the past?

We are pushing to establish the brand and the concept as fast as we can. We know time is of the essence but the only thing we do have on our side is our many patents and trademarks. We worked on the concept and did all the ground work before launching which took us just shy of 3 years (while working day jobs at the time). The whole process took a lot of blood, sweat and a lot capital to do it properly after our initial testing almost 4.5 years ago!

ld_west, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I am running ads on Bing Ads as we speak. To me, Bing Ads is less complicated to work with and it's more affordable. The main thing (I find myself repeating this over and over again) with Bing Ads is you'll need to choose the Bing & Yahoo search engines only option while creating a campaign. I'd advise against choosing their search partners, as your traffic will become less targeted. And, obviously, you will have to be careful with your keywords. You won't want people who are looking for cell phones or gun holsters to flush your campaign money down the drain.

By the way, did you guys try to sell your products on Amazon? It wouldn't be bad to test it out there too.

5. ld_west

ld_west Peon

Best Answers:
    For bing ads, do you get charged only when someone clicks on your ad? I just finished an Ad word ad...Not really sure how it will go, and it was really confusing with all the key words and countries and various places to have it show up, but i feel it will be an expensive learning curve until I get the science locked down.

I will look into running a Bing ad as well and use your tips!

I've contacted amazon but because we are a Canadian company, they don't offer an "apparel" section yet where our product would fall under. It's unfortunate because we feel it's a big opportunity for us. Our company is also registered in the US as a Nevada corp but we haven't really figured out the logistics of getting our inventory there for distribution to avoid paying customs twice; when it lands in Canada from the factory and then having to ship it to the US. Getting the product shipped to a port in the US directly from our factory is the ideal way of doing it, but we have no one there to receive it and manage the US growth yet!

ld_west, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Yes. And they will only charge you for valid/legit clicks.

7. DaveGmac

DaveGmac Member

Best Answers:
    some pages are slow to load. blog..

nice looking site

the 'subscribe' page takes forever to load, I bet you lose people because of that.

I did not notice social media on the site ie no twitter or FB so your shoppers can not tell their friends about the products.

I suggest you look to a social media campaign, there are a gazillion hashtags that you can test...... no mention, that I saw, of facebook page... Perhaps you can explore these areas.

Perhaps you can blog much more often and recycle the older entries

I think you have limited your marketing by not posting to that blog often and not using social media as well as you could

DaveGmac, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  8. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You can gain more followers through the help of social media sites and also forums and blogs. You can also utilize offline marketing.

Dario McNut, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  9. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If instagram works good try also pinterest it's the same process and most of the social media networks. G+ will also help to index some of your pages along with good keywords/anchors fast. Try and twist, and be present all over.

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  10. ld_west

ld_west Peon

Best Answers:

We're working on the slow loading pages...there are too many pictures. We have twitter and facebook, this is news to me that it's not linked though! As far as the blogs go, we are running out of ideas of things to blog, that's why it's gone stagnant for a while. We don't want to blog about nothing. I've wanted to explore Pintrest but it seems to be a stronger tool these days, so I will work on that today,

ld_west, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  11. fivergig

fivergig Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you might want to try some SEO tricks. social bookmarking,backlinking, SEO content on blogs that directly and indirectly link back to your website will do a lot for your search engine indexing.
    visit betterseotips.wordpress.com

fivergig, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  12. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've honestly never liked paid traffic. I've always done the best with finding forums that are directly related to what I was selling on my ecommerce site. You can't get any more laser targeted than that. You put your message on a place that people are already talking and interested in your product. Anyone that clicks to visit your site is obviously interested in what you are selling, so they are more likely to convert.

creztor, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  13. kevinseo1

kevinseo1 Member

Best Answers:
    Besy Way to get targeted Traffic is through :- social Bookmarking , Profile link building , Directory submission , Linkwheel , article promotion !!!

These techniques works Great and Boost your business and ranking too

kevinseo1, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  14. illex

illex Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be good to pair up Instagram with Facebook. Have a blog for your website and give advice about your niche market. Then you can move on to paid advertising.

illex, Aug 13, 2014 IP
  15. koolphoto

koolphoto Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also second Pinterest. I do well there. Also, don't forget YouTube. I have done review videos on cell phones and get an amazing amount of views. Think outside the box with YouTube and that could work for you too.

koolphoto, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  16. Rope Media

Rope Media Member

Best Answers:
    For generate more traffic you can include some steps for that - Writing Quality Articles

Creating a Social Site
    Use calls to action
    Start a forum
    Advertise your site
    Using Social Networks
    Take photos with Instagram
    Create a YouTube channel link it to your site
    Create infographics
    Blog Commenting..

Rope Media, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  17. Martand TEch

Martand TEch Member

Best Answers:
    Generate more traffic by given points
    Share quality and attractive content or details on the social media sites
    Add connection and follow relevant visitors
    submit your website's ad on classified directories
    social bookmarking
    video promotion
    group discussion

Martand TEch, Dec 10, 2014 IP
  18. AdsInfluencer

AdsInfluencer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic exchanges work for me with a strong landing page pretty much the only way it could work also i noticed banner impressions are very good for making sales

AdsInfluencer, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  19. joice33

joice33 Banned

Best Answers:
    Write unique contents and post those onto the relevant pages. Do some social media work as well like- facebook, twitter, LinkedIn. These social sites will help you to get more traffics and definitely increase sales as well.

joice33, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  20. AdsInfluencer

AdsInfluencer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah try finding spotted pages on facebook and asking if they would mind posting your content i got a lot of facebook shares that way

AdsInfluencer, Dec 14, 2014 IP