1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is 'handwritten' sometimes used as a selling point?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Content Maestro, Jul 22, 2014.

I have seen some threads in pre-written content selling section here (now the 'Article Marketplace') where sellers mention that articles have been 'handwritten' by them.
    Does writing your content by hand make it better than typing it directly using a computer?

Solved! View solution.
    Content Maestro, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think by 'handwritten' they're saying an article spinner wasn't used.

Rebecca, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    Melisa455 and Content Maestro like this.
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, so that means sellers want to convey that their articles were typed by hand and not just copied directly and spun. I guess by handwritten they mean 'hand-typed' here. I assumed 'handwritten' involved the use of pen and paper.:)

Content Maestro, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
  4. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think hand written maens hand typed. Besides... what good is a scribbled article anyway? You'd have to retype it, if you could even read it.

As far as I'm concerned, writing is the art/science of bringing ideas to the page, be it a paper page or digital one. The method is irrelevant. Like, for example, somebody with no hands using Dragon or something to impart great ideas onto a page. Still writing :)

SCookAAM, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Exactly. I am 100% with you on that. Scribbling is only wastage of paper and again not eco-friendly. In fact, by 'hand-typing' you are saving paper and ultimately helping to maintain the ecological balance.
    True! It's the idea that matters more than the technique used to articulate it.

Content Maestro, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
    Handwritten generally refers to organically created content. That means all research conducted regarding the topic was done manually, all writing was typed out personally, and no external programs were used in the article (e.g. spinning).

Handwritten content is the way to go these days, especially after the panda and penguin updates. There's a higher calling for quality, useful content.

Normanwalker, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  7. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks @Normanwalker. So the bottom line is that the writer carried out the whole process in person – from researching to editing the final draft. And 'handwritten' is an in style word used by writers to explain all this.

Content Maestro, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  8. MoneyWrite

MoneyWrite Member

Best Answers:
    Not quite on topic but about ten years ago I was talking to a relative who was working at the Royal Mail at the time and he said that hand written envelopes were the one way to almost guarantee that your spam letter would be opened.

I'll go back to sleep.

MoneyWrite, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  9. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    well so many people outsource their too. to me handwritten means that you actually typed it up yourself.a lot of these people pretend to do that but instead head to a cheap outsourcing site like freelancer and just get their articles that way. makes the process much easier for them and they turn over the articles much quicker. it is dirty though.

CobaltBlue87, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  10. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. not sure what you are trying to say?

Melisa455, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  11. MoneyWrite

MoneyWrite Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure myself. However, the personal touch can make a massive difference when marketing.

Aware that this was off topic.

MoneyWrite, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  12. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    What he's saying will be quite clear after you go through this - http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/hand-written-or-typed-envelope.95629/.
    These bits especially:
    This as well -

I too really didn't get this one.:confused: But you have a good night.

Content Maestro, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Well if you are outsourcing what should really be done by you, I think it kills the personal touch that helps your letters/mails to get through to your prospects. What more is that than some spam churned out mechanically?
    Point to ponder, I guess. o.o?

Content Maestro, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  14. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is amazing how much spun material there is out there -- I guess I could see the point of why "hand-written" or typed in most cases, would be a positive selling point. Hopefully, its something close to resembling an original thought. On the note of actual hand written notes, these can be a great driving force especially in the follow up portion of your marketing funnel. Especially in the mail, most people are over inundated with bills, its nice to get a handwritten thank you card.

JessUBotNinja, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  15. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. My envelope is always hand written.
    It is just my habit to do that.

Melisa455, Aug 14, 2014 IP