1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guide to automatic backup of Wordpress site(s)?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Melloweitsj, Jul 31, 2014.

Ive started to acquire quite a bit of sites and it would be hassle to manually backup 50+ sites somewhat regularly. Is there any way to setup a system that backs up the files I need to be able to recoup a site that has (for some reason) gone lost?

I am guessing I need to backup databases and themes. Anyway to do this automatically and to get it to upload to dropbox or somewhere I please? Anyone have some tips or links to some guides on how to set something like this up?

Melloweitsj, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  2. Artvision

Artvision Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you on shared hosting I would suggest plugins like BackWPup or WordPress Backup to Dropbox.
    If you have VPS then there are many additional paid and free options (I personaly use rsnapshot and R1soft).

Artvision, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  3. Melloweitsj

Melloweitsj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked out BackWPup, that looks to fit the bill quite good - thanks!

Melloweitsj, Jul 31, 2014 IP
    Artvision likes this.
  4. Artvision

Artvision Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to help :)

Artvision, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  5. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use UpdraftPlus, which is free. It does scheduled backups of just the database, just the files, or both - or a separate schedule for each type of backup. It also connects to Dropbox automatically and sends the backups there. Very controllable, does email notification and a bunch of other stuff. The down-side is the occasional "reminder" in the admin screens that there's a premium version - though the reminders can be hidden for 12 weeks at a time, so they're not annoying.

TIEro, Aug 1, 2014 IP