1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SwitchAds and Adense together

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by robspar, Feb 26, 2014.

Dear all,
    I have been contacted by Switchads.com. This is a company that states that I can use my advertising code both for Adsense as well as their offering. In essence it implies that you set a CPM you want to earn and if this target is met by their advertisers (auction based) these ads are automatically shown on the website instead of you 'standard' advertisements (in my case Google Adsense). If no advertiser from Switchads 'beats' the target Google Adsense runs 100% of the time.

I have not been able to find any violation in policy if I would opt for this. Does anybody have any more information regarding this topic?

Regards,
    Robbert

robspar, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you can run Adsense and other advertising on your website at the same time with some restrictions, read yourself.
    I have never used Switchads but it seems interesting. I didn't see anything regarding it replacing your Adsense. I read "the SwitchAds solution complements existing advertising, rather than replacing it."
    How would they know if their ad 'beats' the Adsense ad?

Lex350, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  3. silv3r.m00n

silv3r.m00n Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was also contacted today, and wondering if I should try them or not. Anyone had any luck with switchads ?

silv3r.m00n, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  4. SwitchAds

SwitchAds Peon

Best Answers:
    @Lex350
    SwitchAds works alongside your current advertising provider generating you extra income on top of your current earnings.

When setting up SwitchAds you set your minimum CPM price, we advise this to be the current earning. We then take this amount, present this to our bidders in the RTB (Real Time Bidding) platform and whoever bids highest wins the impression on your website. In case where we can’t beat your minimum CPM your ad is delivered as normal and you are earning as you normally would. The whole process is done in milliseconds so it doesn’t affect your page load time. With no contracts and to fees you can only win with SwitchAds.

@ silv3r.m00n
    The only way to see if SwitchAds will work for you is actually signing up. There are no fees and there is no contract so if you are not happy with the extra income we are generating you can just remove our tags from your website. We advise new customers to allow SwitchAds at least a week to take full effect as our advertisers need time to collect data and value your inventory.

Please contact us if you have any questions at

SwitchAds

SwitchAds, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  5. Knocks

Knocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a policy violation, but it's yet more third-party javascript to bloat your site code, and people on Google's official AdSense forums who tried SwitchAds did complain about loading delays. SwitchAds claims it's milliseconds, but it's obviously more than that, because it needs to check in with their servers whether your minimum CPM can be beat by their own advertisers and then report back to your server.

There are way too many of these agencies popping up lately, all of them promising to beat AdSense, and while I'm all for competition, no agency is currently a match for Google.

Knocks, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  6. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so has anyone tried this with adsense?

point2, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  7. felgall

felgall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was contacted by SwitchAds and decided to see if I could set it up to work with my existing AdSense ads (with their ads displaying instead of adsense if theirs pays more) but it proved impossible to set up the replacement ad code. My pages currently have <ins> tags supplied by adsense where the ads are to go with all of the JavaScript at the bottom of the page and the SwitchAds code generator has no provision for entering both the HTML and the JavaScript for the existing ad. It also makes no provision for where the AdSense ad slots change size based on how your page rearranges itself to fit for handheld devices.

felgall, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  8. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically it only activates when you would make more money by displaying their ads than you would with Adsense. Personally, whether or not there is a delay like some people said or how much more money they offer is not what got me to try them out. I really like that someone personally contacted me and engaged me in a coversation via email. Google is notoriously bad at providing support and getting in touch with a Google rep unless you are a very large site is near impossible so that does have some value for me, especially since I am new to the online advertising world.

RAND0M1ZER, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  9. felgall

felgall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have had several such converations with AdSense staff as well as a constant stream of emails suggesting how to improve revenue from their ads.

SwitchAds sent several emails before I signed up but ignored me completely after that. Getting their ads to work with modern AdSense code is apparently too difficult for them to even acknowedge that their ads and modern AdSense cannot work together. I wonder how long it will take them to delete my account after I emailed to request that? Not avoiding eating while I wait as I'd probably starve first.

felgall, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  10. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, a lack of responsive ad elements was one of my main concerns about SwitchAds

RAND0M1ZER, Jul 31, 2014 IP