1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is the single person that epitomizes America?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scurvy, Jul 19, 2014.

IMO its none other than Bruce Springsteen.

scurvy, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    America, as you know, has a two party system. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the general population is also divided into two major groups: democrats and republicans.

Springsteen may represent the left (liberal democrats), however, he by no means represents the right (republicans or conservatives).

The person who truly represented the spirit of the US in the past was Ronald Reagan. He was able to appeal to both democrats and republicans and is still fondly remembered by many.

qwikad.com, Jul 29, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and cblanke like this.
  3. cblanke

cblanke Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So true and we need another president like Reagan as he truly made things right.

cblanke, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know what, one of the things that I think is best about the U.S., is that if you ask 1,000 people this question you will get 1,000 different answers, any one of which could be correct depending upon your perspective. I suppose that @qwikad.com is on an important path with this discussion because presidents are chosen by a majority (or at least a plurality) of citizens to become their leader and representative to the rest of the world. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Ronald Reagan immediately come to mind. But, then I have to think about captains of industry like Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Lee Iacocca, Jack Welch, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs. Of course, from a sheer name/face recognition angle, one would have to think of musical and acting entertainers like Louis Armstrong, Elvis Presley, Madonna, Marilyn Monroe, Robert DeNiro, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Jackson, etc.

Looking over all of these names, I would pick Ronald Reagan if forced to choose one. Some of that may be because I was around when he was president and recall those times fondly. But, when I also consider what he was able to accomplish on behalf of America in eight years, it is still a bit mind-boggling to me.

jrbiz, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  5. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    It is very hard to say. What people forget or just overlook about America is that some of its states are larger than countries and farther away from one another than some countries are to others. Hawaii is a state in the USA, and it is absolutely nothing like Texas and neither is anything like Vegas or New York.

supernal, Aug 1, 2014 IP