1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New PC for home

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by martien, Apr 2, 2013.

Hi,

which things you consider when you are going to bring PC for home

martien, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  2. Chase Hainey

Chase Hainey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends. What purpose does your computer need to serve? Is it a gaming computer, family used computer, home media center, server, or etc.

Does it need to be mobile? Laptop vs Desktop. Which operating system is ideal for your needs, could a flavor of Linux suite your needs? What is your budget? Do you plan on buying a preconfigured machine or build it yourself?

Essentially you want a computer that has a decent i5 or i7 processor, if you like Intel's chips. I recommend 8GB of RAM, though some may get by on less. Do you need the snappiness of a solid state drive, vs sheer capacity of a HD? If you are using a desktop, would you need multiple displays? Graphics cards that could handle driving your display at native resolution or multiple displays at native resolution.

Unfortunately you didn't give a lot of information on what you're looking for, so these are just basic things.

technonook.com
    Your Technology Hide-Away

Chase Hainey, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  3. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it is only for the use of kids and family use then speed matters. High speed and good and reliable brand will give you good results.

Afrasiab, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  4. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For home, I'd recommend a good warranty!!

gotkloud, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  5. WaveInc

WaveInc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Qouted! :D

WaveInc, May 18, 2015 IP
  6. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'll consider whether there are people in that home which know how to use a pc. If they do, then it's a matter of honesty. :p
    No, seriously, if kids are going to use a pc, then I would spend quite a lot in terms of graphic card, ram, etc. Because their goal requires high pc specs. If it's a teenage girl than I'll better pick a less specialized pc, but spend more on peripherals, as in keyboard, mouse, monitor etc. If adults are going to use them for leasure, the cheapest you can go the better. Because extra power would be like having a bike whose throttle you'll never turn to "11".

So, in other words, when considering a pc, you try to match the required use you presuppose it's primarely gonna be used as.

SocialSignals, Jun 2, 2015 IP