1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get content

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by makeinfofopeople, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I know it is possible to use article from ezinearticles and then give credit to the authors.
    What I mean is get the idea of those articles and rewrite it using your own words. Making it unique.
    That is what I learn from Jason Fladlien. He is one of those pioneer content writer and he makes lots of money doing it that.

Melisa455, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  2. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually if we see at the web, there are thousands of advises. And the advice all more or less the same. Some facts cannot be change.
    For example : What is article marketing? How do article marketing work?
    The answer cannot varies too much.
    Yes. I agree write your own stuff.
    Maybe I should put it this way. Get the general idea from searching your niche on the Internet. Rewrite it using your own words and make it unique from the rest.

3. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry. I should be more tactful. "Using your own words", you style of writing would be more approximate.
    It depends. Yes. Google is very harsh on duplicate content.
    But why do you think affiliate marketers are able to promote the same products? Look at clickbank products, look at Amazon products.
    There many be thousands of marketers promoting them. The content are more or less the same. Product review, Product specification, etc.
    But why are those review pages still on Google search results.

If we cannot rewrite the content (because of penguin updates etc). Then there should be one 1 search for each product and not few thousands searches on Google.

4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Melisa, you keep mentioning "rewrite it using your own words".

There is a big difference between using an article as a source of information or inspiration and switching someone else's words around and calling it your own creation. The first is research. The second is copyright infringement. The fact that many on the web are stealing from other writers does not make it OK to do.

The Internet is full of self-proclaimed gurus selling "their" system. I've not heard of your guy but based on what you have posted here, perhaps he is telling people the wrong thing to do. Many of the so-called gurus are making money by selling their make money online informational products. They generally are not making money actually using their system. I've looked into a few. The very "system" they were advocating in one place and selling materials for, they admitted no longer worked elsewhere.

There's been several posts here on DP from folks asking for help starting their blogs on making money online. They haven't a clue what they are doing and yet within a very short time they are advertising their "proven system".

Google has told everyone selling products that they want different content for each site. Many sites that just copy/paste descriptions from manufacturers or Amazon have seen a huge drop in their search engine traffic.

YMC, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  5. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks YMC for your advice.
    Have to agree. Most of the online products out there are "Rubbish". Most are selling their a "system" that no longer work.

YMC, may I know which content writing course has help you the most?

6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    (Please correct if I am wrong anywhere.)
    @Melisa455, there's no harm in referring Ezine or any other article directory where quality content is available. But you have to make sure that you don't just rephrase what others have written. Try to add to it something unique out of your own understanding, personal experience and knowledge. If you do copy someone's words exactly as they are, even if it's only for reference, see to it that you credit the original author. Not doing so is pure plagiarism and copyright infringement. You make yourself liable to a DMCA notice.

1) Google has released many updates as Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird that they say will take strict measures to curb content duplication. But as @YMC has already pointed out twice, it's quite questionable whether they are working on it factually.
    2) I am not much sure about Clickbank, but as far as Amazon affiliate programs go, they have some plugins that allow their affiliates to import content from their site 'as it is' to your stores. Many people use these plugins to save the cost they would have to incur on creating new and original content. Then there are some products esp. those falling into 'tech' niche/category e.g. electronics, electronic accessories, smartphones, computers (hardware and software), gadgets etc. for which you have to describe them as they are. Take for instance a laptop – while describing it, nothing can be really changed. Most stores selling laptops state their specs. exactly as provided by the manufacturer. Yes, you can 'rephrase' it somewhat, but the technical details must NEVER be altered. (Doing so is providing false information and leads to an altogether different legal issue.)
    3) Affiliate marketing is more or less a global phenomenon, so competition is bound to be fierce. There are hordes of people who want to make big money overnight. They will always look for some loopholes in search engine algos and deceive them into believing that 'their' content is original to get the top ranks. Things today are not like they used to be before when Mr. Big G entertained the 'first published, first indexed' approach.
    This should partly explain why the same content exists in many places and there are multiple listings of the same products.

People copying other's content and marketing it as their own may pull off some money and traffic for a short while. But in the long run they can't survive and get across the cutthroat competition. Shoot a DMCA at them and their site is taken down. Originality and uniqueness are your best safeguards if you don't want to get wiped out.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  7. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. That's what I mean. You explain much better than me. Thanks.

Melisa455, Jul 19, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  8. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. I do not have much knowledge on those amazon plugins. I hate those (Maybe because I don't like using wordpress).
    But does that mean using those plugins, original content is not needed?

That's true. Technical/software specification cannot be "re-phase". So there is a need to be extremely careful on what we write and how we write.
    Meaning - how to make the article unique(using own words, own personality and style) and yet keep those technical details.

9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I would NEVER say original content is not needed.

I have lately been working with a couple of clients who have applied for the Amazon affiliate programs. They said that these plugins helped them to set up their stores faster and get them going quickly. According to them, many people use these plugins and their sites are indexed within no time by Google. Probably that's why my clients followed it.
    I personally have never seen such sites going very far and would NEVER (and it's a bigggggg NEVER) recommend using any such plugin. The stores we set up have had some unique hits occasionally but their PR is down all the time. People come and stay there for a while but their interest soon wanes and they go elsewhere. The same clients have later complained that the stores are not doing well and that they plan to shut them down soon.

Original content is a requisite for anyone who wants to go a long way.

10. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Content Maestro. From what I understand plugins is not a good method if we want long term income. I guess the traditional method (eg content writing) is still better than those new plugin or "loopholes" for making money online.

11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I'll make a small edit to that: Any shortcut technique that promises quick money is not at all a good and reliable method. Original content is a must if you want to excel. To be a successful writer, you should not only be able to produce unique, high-quality and original content, but also be able to publicize it well so that people know it's there and that it's yours.
    Cheers.:)

12. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Melisa - learning to write is a bit of a process combined with having natural talents. I also think liking to learn new things factors in heavily. Some think taking a single article and rewriting it is writing. In a sense it is, but such writing has little value to Google or a client.

I wrote something yesterday. I think I used 12 different sources and was able to put together a piece that has more details and information in one place than anyone else does. The topic seems popular, yet doesn't have a Wikipedia article. Will it dominate the SERPs? Maybe, maybe not. The top positions are held by sites with huge budgets but weak content. Time will tell.

Then there's the making money aspect. The informative articles can get great positions in the SERPs but don't always generate clicks on Adsense or an affiliate program. They make sales for real companies selling a product or service. But, they aren't as good at generating indirect sales. They attract people looking to answer a single question or another researcher like myself. Neither group tends to do more than come to the site, get their answer and leave. I'm working on finding that right blend of informational writing to garner search engine position with writing that leads to click-throughs.

I have read things here and there from the true gurus of writing like Bob Bly, Michel Fortin and Alan Forrest Smith. At one time, the last two were somewhat active in some writing and marketing forums and shared a great deal about copywriting, marketing and writing in general. I didn't really take a class or buy a specific book. A lot of web writing is trial and error. And, a lot of it depends on what the competition has done. I read forums like this one, sadly there's simply less conversations of value now. Perhaps dig into some of the older threads and you'll find better stuff. I occasionally read some of the SEO-guru's websites. I "know" a lot more now than I did 5 or 6 years ago.

Be careful of the Warrior Forum. It does offer some great information from time to time but it is also a place where they prey on newbies with the "special offers". Many of the reviews are traded and meaningless.

Have you visited the Amazon Associates forum? There are some really nice folks there. From what I've read the shop sites just don't work. There's a few companies who are selling pre-made shop sites. They're a scam. They set up a site for their customers and when they don't sell anything offer classes for hundreds of dollars.

YMC, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  13. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @writing product descriptions...Those little blurbs separate the real writers from folks with a keyboard.

Just take something like 10 inch screen with (tech term 1) and (tech term 2). You could keep it in a laundry list of features like they post on Amazon or....

you could say, "The Mark IV has a 10 inch screen, not quite as large as the more expensive Tablet II, but plenty large enough for most applications. Unlike the Tablet II that only has xyz, the new Mark IV also offers tech term 1. Tech term 2 is new with this model and beta testers found that feature alone is worth the $2,000 price..."

See how you are selling now? You're also mentioning other products that a potential buyer might want to consider. Check out zdnet and some of the older established tech sites and see how they write about products.

There's not a shortcut. There's not a template. There's not a substitute for taking the time to research and write something different from what everyone else has.

YMC, Jul 19, 2014 IP