1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need SEO expert Panda 4.0 killed my site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by KarenBrown, May 28, 2014.

This is the situation, lost nearly all search traffic after panda 4.0, i tried some things but nothing is working, even sites that "copy-paste" my content rank much better than me this update is a joke they were supposed to be penalized but they didn't...oh well.

A graphic to illustrate the situation:
    [​IMG]

So is this fixable? How long would it take?
    Help please.

KarenBrown, May 28, 2014 IP
  2. KarenBrown

KarenBrown Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply, look this is the backlinks page...i honestly don't know what should i do with this sites:
    http://postimg.org/image/552gnd8ld/

3. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well what I feel is the links from some of the sites like gadu2, r000t3r ..... etc i.e. the links you see feel like spam must be take down. Especially the article directories they are considered as spam.

John Dave, May 28, 2014 IP
  4. KarenBrown

KarenBrown Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see, how can i make those admin take down the links to my site? just email and ask them? What if they ignore me?

5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are going in the wrong direction...Sure, links are very important and you would have to check them frequently anyways, but as you stated in OP your traffic drop happened after the Panda 4.0 update right? Because the Panda algo has nothing to do with links, the Penguin algo does! Panda updates are all about content so you have correctly started looking there. Now, without knowing your website name it will be hard to be specific, so I will give you the generic tips. Check your content, look for thin or duplicate content, if you haven't recently added some new content maybe its time to do so. If you are involved in scraping tactics then it maybe time to stop going this way. There are really many factors involved. Consider another thing too - the update is 4.0, this means its an entirely new algorithm so new factors might be involved or old ones dropped. This is why its not wise to compare to other sites that have your content (at least without seeing their analytics info).;)

Rado_ch, May 28, 2014 IP
  6. gseoanalyst

gseoanalyst Member

Best Answers:
    You must have some bad links and local terms with junk content...

gseoanalyst, May 28, 2014 IP
  7. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    1. As for spammy links -- get rid of them or their influence in any possible way: write letters to admins, do disavow
    2. Pay attention to your content quality -- we've not seen your site here, but i guess that if you have junky texts, you know that and it's time for saving there. Rewritting content might be a huge trouble, especially if you have tons of it, so instead of doing that you might want to put some really high quality stuff and some quality backlinks from resources not linked before leading to your new content.

Karuna17, May 28, 2014 IP
  8. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    don't do the directory submission and article submissions..just focus on blog and your content, change your way to put anchor text ..don't put direct anchor text on keywords...work on quality content and update your blog and promote it on quality websites like raddit, stumbleupon, tumbler n etc..may you get result!!! remove bad backlinks from your webmaster tool...

Rajesh Galgalikar, May 28, 2014 IP
  9. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really agree what Rado_ch have said.. Panda attack that means your website must be associated with spam content . and might be actually posted by you or either by your competitor. This Thing also happened with me, Within two days I have found that nearly 1,800 blog post have been done in my blog by some Idiot... So, check thin content in website or backlink associated with copy content..

I hope that you will find way out of this... Good Luck.. :)

ActionEstore, May 28, 2014 IP
  10. KarenBrown

KarenBrown Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i just send a disavow list to google:
    Results for the submission on May 28, 2014 3:31:50 PM UTC+2
    You successfully uploaded a disavow links file (domains-delete.txt) containing 37 domains and 5055 URLs.

How long till Google process the disavow petition?
    It's funny how am i a spammer, i never post my site link anywhere. Yet this malaysian/indonesian guy who copies all my posts to his free "blogspot" get's ranked better than me on google. i'm tired of sending DMCA requests he does it daily...i can't do anything really, and now i totally lost google. i guess i'll open a blogspot cos anything goes for them!

11. Dillip Kumar Barik SEO

Dillip Kumar Barik SEO Member

Best Answers:
    If the links are in spam condition then removing the links is the only option. But it may not help you to recover from Panda 4.0 as it deals with unique content. If any one copy your content, then you must take legal action against him/her. You can also report Google about the blog for copying your content.
    On my views, you should consult an experienced SEO or website analyst for more effective action in a quick time bound.

Dillip Kumar Barik SEO, May 28, 2014 IP
  12. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if they denies to take down those links use your disavow tool !! like you have already done that ...... ;)

John Dave, May 28, 2014 IP
  13. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Check first your webmaster tools and see what message did they send
    2. Analyze the links you did in the past and what type of content you have used (make an xls file with the bad ones)
    3. Start disavow manual
    4. Wait 1-2 updates from Google to recover (6-12 months)
    5. If you got hit on certain pages other pages might work ok.
    6. The last update didn't sent message to many webmasters so you probably got hit without knowing.
    7. Start analyzing your content
    8. Create flawless content for distribution

If you need more assistance let me know,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  14. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    I learned that if you got penalize by such Google Algo then you must remove low quality links because Google is seriously penalizing site now.You also need to understand that there are many factors which may lead you to ban or penalize .Once you are done with the disavow tool then drop a mail or post in Google group and forums so that you may fetch some attention Google people..

I hope this will help you.

jobsbywork, Jul 19, 2014 IP