1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone can suggest me a book?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ikidoxio, Oct 7, 2013.

hey guys
    i know there are many expert programers
    i am a young enthusiast who wishes to pursue his future and career in programing
    at current i am not so expert at any language but i do know php java on basic levels i want to learn at advance level
    so any of you expert can be kind enough to recommend me some great book to do so
    i dont mean ebook specifically any hard book will work too
    thanks for really helpfull... :) i have had lot to learn :)
    and i still have like 30 of summer holidays left for me.. so anyone any recommendations a android development book?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    ikidoxio, Oct 7, 2013 IP
  2. HerksAw

HerksAw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Head First series would be a perfect guide for anyone who's new in programming.

HerksAw, Oct 10, 2013 IP
    ikidoxio likes this.
  3. websguy

websguy Member

Best Answers:
    Book is Harry Porter, & for learn programming you can join w3schools.com

websguy, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So what languages are you trying to learn?
    You mention java, php and vb - they are all quite different and you'd be best to stick to one.

Java and php do mean you have to learn javascript as well, and get a handle on css too.

sarahk, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  5. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    :confused: What??

Hi iki,

You mentioned PHP so I recommend you "PHP and MySQL web development"
    Awesome book with many examples.

monkeye, Oct 20, 2013 IP
    ikidoxio likes this.
  6. WebLab

WebLab Active Member

Best Answers:
    for PHP, check this out : Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site Using PHP & MySQL

WebLab, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    ikidoxio likes this.
  7. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for really helpfull... :) i have had lot to learn :)
    and i still have like 30 of summer holidays left for me.. so anyone any recommendations a android development book?

ikidoxio, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time on a single development platform. If your work can't port across the market leaders there's little point in doing it.

sarahk, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  9. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    actualy i am just 19 now.. and i am not doing any job or anyhting... i am a computer science engineering student and i have interest in programing
    so i wish to learn whatever i can so that when in future i apply for a job.. i have a skill + presentfull resume :)
    so yeah currently i have developed interest to learn android development
    i have learned basics of html,php , c++ , java
    now i wish to grab a hold of android developement :)

ikidoxio, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your reply makes no sense.
    You are 19, a student, and want to set yourself up so that you are employable
    but you want to limit your learning and experience to android only

Surely if you want to be employable you learn the skills that are useful?
    I wouldn't want to be employed by a company that focussed on android only - they wouldn't last long in the real world.

sarahk, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  11. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    see i wanna learn multiple different languages
    as i told
    i have gotten my hand on html,php,java,c++
    now i wanna try out android too.. so basicaly i wanna keep on trying and learning more and more programing languages so as to get my concepts clearer while i get hand on multiple languages
    i have skills of seo email marketing and some other fields
    but i wanna be geting my hand on android development too now

i agree a particular language wont last long.. but i am sure i wont stop studing new one even as they come...but for now android is popular so whats wrong about geting a hand on it too?

ikidoxio, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    android isn't a language and there are app making toolkits that compile for both. I'm in the process of outsourcing an app project and I wouldn't consider, for even a second, a developer who would develop the ios and android versions separately.

sarahk, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  13. Villasforrentinsrilanka

Villasforrentinsrilanka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For the Android Development ,you need to learn c,c++,java than you can go for Android,it should be easy for your to understand the terms of Android

14. spujap

spujap Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should learn computer science only if you want to be an expert programmer. I mean that your skills should not be very language specific but rather, focus should be on problem solving/generic algorithm designing/ data structures/ OS concepts/distributed systems/database/networking plus learning(to be expert in) any one language such as C/C++/Java to implement the algorithms. Most engineers in Google are masters in problem solving & algorithm designing.

Considering job perspective they look for some one skilled in one of major programming languages like C++/Java/any language of your interest with good problem solving skills, for some one who is just out of college. A good resume should consist of good & challenging projects (shared on the web as open source). It could be developed using your choice of language.

From a job perspective I would suggest Cracking the Coding Interview: 150 Programming Questions and Solutions Paperback by Gayle Laakmann McDowell which is not just a Q/A book but focuses on concepts that are most seeked in Google, Apple, Amazon etc. The author had experience being interviewed & selected in those companies as well as taking interviews of other candidates.

Note - I am a software developer in an Investment bank with experience in developing software using Java programming language and related frameworks. My primary skill was C/C++ when I was out of college and in my first interview they had asked me to explain the algorithms for sorting, searching using pseudo-code and explain few CS concepts apart from 1 or 2 puzzles.

spujap, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  15. thegr4

thegr4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For php, apache and mysql, the best starting point would be Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache in 24 Hours - See more details of the book at Ebookspedia.org

For Android apps, the most simplest and fastest learning approach would be to use a for dummies book, like: Amazing Android apps for Dummies, see more details of this book at Ebookspedia.org

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    thegr4, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  16. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    w3schools is the last place I'd send him. Despite their designation as the supposed source of "internet standards" their courses are almost always the last place to update information. For instance, the "font" tag was deprecated years ago, but w3schools taught it as compliant html for over a year after it was no longer considered compliant.

If you want to learn advanced programming, I'd start with http://www.codecademy.com. It's very easy to follow, is interactive and keeps track of your progress. If you already know PHP and JAVA, you might want to get a subscription to http://www.lynda.com. They have thousands of excellent video courses.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  17. Tob Sag

Tob Sag Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd recommend Codecademy.com aswell, it helped me learn basic programming languages like javascript and PHP.

Tob Sag, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  18. Neoto

Neoto Active Member

Best Answers:
    For Java programming I would suggest Effective Java by Joshua Bloch. It contains a lot of examples on how to implement things properly and gives you insight why some of the implementations are better than others.

This book has some much info in it, it doesn't matter if you're just starting Java programming or you're a seasoned expert, there's something new for everyone.

Neoto, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Really..why? The only way to cross develop is to use JavaScript and HTML5 and have it wrapped in pre-made apps that embed browser controls. The end result is absolutely cheap and the performance sucks.

The only way to develop for both is separately in 2 different languages.

NetStar, Aug 31, 2014 IP
  20. iLinez

iLinez Peon

Best Answers:
    I also do recommend the PHP & MySQL books.
    I enjoy developing websites with Php & MySql a lot, it's pretty easy. :)

iLinez, Aug 31, 2014 IP