1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

a buyer claims, he didn't receive the software oppened paypal dispute

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by shuman202, Jul 7, 2014.

i have a buyer paid me by paypal and he had downloaded the software i sell php scripts online after 5 days he claims he couldn't receive the product and he had contact me several times and he calms i didn't answer him, he lies about that, and paypal deducted the money from my balance,
    anyway i have sent the script to him by email and he didn't respond to me
    i escalated the dispute to paypal and provide them with a screen shot from my store prove that the buyer had downloaded the script not as he claimed
    the buyer seems to be planning for that since the beginning,
    now the dispute Status is Requiring my action
    they are giving me 3 options
    Status
    Your buyer has reported a problem with this transaction and we have opened an investigation into this transaction. Please respond to this claim by Jul 17, 2014.

How would you like to respond?

issue the buyer a full refund.
    I can provide tracking information
    Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.
    how can i solve this
    i can't provide tracking information because it's a software has been downloaded
    i'm wondering how paypal refund the buyer if he just claims he didn't receive the product
    so any one can buy software online and then claims he didn't got the product and he get the money back

shuman202, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its digital download, you will lose

to prevent it in future, physically ship the cd's of the file you are sending and then upload the courier receipt.

competent123, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  3. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to your PayPal balance having been deducted? If so, the buyer has not been refunded. PayPal is simply holding the money until it decides who wins the dispute. Whoever wins, PayPal will give the money to.

The option to provide a full refund is basically you telling PayPal you're ok with the dispute and don't want to counter it. The dispute will be marked as closed (your client basically wins) and the money is released to their PayPal account.

As for the above reply, yes, you're not supported by the seller protection agreement though I would still try your luck and providing all the proofs you can. However, prepare to lose this one ;).

HostDash, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  4. shuman202

shuman202 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yeah i have escalated the issue to paypal and i think the i will lose because it's a downloadable product ...
    i know the money is on hold ... they wait who will win...

5. HostDash

Best Answers:
    Update us with PayPal's decision and good luck :).

HostDash, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  6. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had this happen with a non-tangible item as well so nothing to deliver and it was about $50 item. The sided with the buyer but I called & asked to speak to a supervisor and wanted to know how to appeal and I was again asked to provide all my info & proof. Didn't want to spend too much time but did call & email a few times and thought it was over but then got my money back in my account about 2 months later.

bellcom, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  7. shuman202

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    glad to here that it worked with you, i'll contact them by email and offer them all the proves that i have hopping it works with me too

8. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't had too many problems over the years but when there is a dispute it seems it always takes a few months of contacting them and complaining until they return my money and its never quick & easy. The dispute process sucks, maybe its so they can hold the money for a few months???

bellcom, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  9. shuman202

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i have contacted them by email and sent them 2 screen shots 1 from my online store and 1 from my email sent box to prove that he downloaded the script from my store and i have sent him the file as an attachment
    and i hope that could work

shuman202, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  10. ceoflo

ceoflo Peon

Best Answers:
    If the case goes against you, then make a telephone call to customer services to explain your case. It seems that it does occasionally bear fruits.

ceoflo, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  11. HostDash

Best Answers:
    I think it would be best to simply add your attachments to the dispute itself, not separately via email.

Probably would need to do this very quick considering the funds would be released to the buyer shortly after.

HostDash, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  12. shuman202

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you guys paypal denied my buyer’s claim and didn't refund the money to him and they sent me this email

Refund amount: $0.00 USD

Sincerely,
    Pian
    PayPal
    ===========
    I'm so happy not just because they didn't refund the guy the money but because what he planned to didn't work

shuman202, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  13. HostDash

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear it :).

Might want to add some measures though to prevent this client from ordering more services, save further headaches.

HostDash, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  14. shuman202

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you'er right about your point ...
    anyway i'm going to close my online store soon i don't sell much of them nowadays i have other projects i must focus on

shuman202, Jul 16, 2014 IP