1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fourth of July Plans?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Jul 3, 2014.

So, U.S.-based DP-er's, what are your plans for the holiday weekend? Up here in Rhode Island, we had planned to watch fireworks tonight (the 3rd) and have a barbeque tomorrow. However, with Hurricane (or is it Tropical Storm?) Arthur bearing down on us, all plans are up in the air.

Will watch the Boston Pops, of course, unless they get rained out, too. Let us know what exciting (or boring) plans you have!

jrbiz, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  2. SteveDarcy

SteveDarcy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Enjoy your night tonight and day tomorrow same goes for all my American friends.

SteveDarcy, Jul 3, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, SteveDarcy. Of course, we are technically celebrating our dissolution from the British empire, but I have enjoyed the holiday over the years with a number of British friends that I developed doing business with the UK. Mostly, it is barbeques and fireworks and a little bit of patriotism.

jrbiz, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wrote about my celebration here: Independence Day, What that means? (Read bottom of the article for my celebration plan).

Hopefully you don't mind me leaving a link to the article on my personal weblog instead of having me to write my celebration plan here.

Joshie, Jul 3, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    My wife and kids are gone to spend time with her extended family. Sitting here all by myself in this empty house. :( It's almost 9 pm right now can hear some booms coming now and then. Happy holiday jrbiz and the others!!

qwikad.com, Jul 3, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I live over in NJ and just going to get really really really drunk and I do have some fireworks I bought from a friend out of state. They not legal in NJ. lmao

snakeair, Jul 3, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Works fine for me. Right now, all eyes here in RI are focused on Hurricane Arthur. It is early in the morning and the clouds are in place for the storm to come...

jrbiz, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's a bachelor's holiday for you! My wife and kids and my daughter's boyfriend are here, though my daughter is working as a pharmacy intern at a local hospital today (interns always work the holidays.) We were going to see the town fireworks last night but they cancelled them until Saturday night due to the weather forecast. Probably rent a DVD movie today instead of barbequing as we had originally planned.

jrbiz, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Now, that's the way to celebrate! May have a drink or two myself, today.

jrbiz, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That storm has barely touched us here in FL. I hear it may hit you guys hard up there. Stay dry.

qwikad.com, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    They say that it may brush Cape Cod, which usually means that we will see some of it here in RI. However, they also are saying that Saturday and Sunday should be beautiful up here. Glad that you missed most of it down there. BTW, I have friend who moved from MA to FL a few years ago. He wanted a warmer climate due to some frostbite that he had gotten as a kid playing hockey all winter long. He researched where was best to go to miss most storms (hurricanes, etc.) and he chose Jacksonville as a result.

jrbiz, Jul 4, 2014 IP