1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to boost the online sale ?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mikal Ben, Nov 11, 2013.

1. ksadaf21

ksadaf21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm a professional blogger and I love reading, researching and writing about various aspects of eCommerce business. I believe, the sales for an online store can be increased by the right combination of marketing and merchandising, but for a long term strategy, I would recommend running a very smart and innovative customer loyalty program. It is a known fact that it takes 5-10 times more investment in acquiring a new customer than retaining an old one. Nothing can work like a charm for your website more than returning customers.

The key is to provide your customers with what they desire, not just need. Ask this question to yourself, what is it that you'd like to receive from an online store when you shop from it. Also understand the pain-points of customers. Repeat customers are the ones who buy the most from an online store. Their favorite store will always be on the top of their minds whenever they need to order something. I wrote an article recently about Amazon Prime, how it has been one of the biggest reasons for the "everything store" to be people's favorite over all these years. I also talk about how you can use it as an inspiration to develop a cool CLP for your own store, no matter how big your store is. You can read the article here, and I hope you can use some ideas for your benefit. Here's the link http://minewhat.com/blog/3-tips-from-amazon-prime-to-run-a-killer-customer-loyalty-program/

All the best!

ksadaf21, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  2. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    This social marketing strategy surely helps. Besides that, you can also provide offers and discounts on your products. Try hiring a good web development service provider to get you set.

Julia Patterson, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  3. mrsubiz

mrsubiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    using live chat software, online and advice regular customers to increase sales

mrsubiz, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  4. PeterStraw

PeterStraw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Traffic is not all you need in this case. To encourage site visitors to purchase from your website it needs to be very organized and designed. Navigation has the most importance. If people find your website awkward and cumbersome and can't find what they want, they will go and find it elsewhere and they won't come back. This is only one of important factors, but I hope I helped a little.

PeterStraw, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  5. Alice Antony

Alice Antony Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I get free trial pack?

Alice Antony, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  6. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    There's a LOT of really sound advice in this thread.

I want to echo the customer loyalty program. When you're first starting out and you really want to build your customer base, one of the strongest strategies you could possibly employ is a Customer Evangelization Program. Get your customers to spread the word about you. This works for you in a lot of great ways, one of the most important of which being the idea of social proof. When people's peers tell them to do or buy something, they're a lot more likely to do or buy that thing, because they're getting that advice from people just like them.

It's a huge part of the reason why social media marketing can be so effective. When all your friends are doing something and loving it, you're going to be a lot more likely to want to see what that something is all about, and then maybe even participate in it yourself.

Develop ways to reward your customers for spreading the good news about your brand and about your store. Offer offers, discounts, and other treats to those who spread the word about your store. And then when those new customers come in, give THEM something to get them hooked, as well.

When you're starting out, customer retention is just as important as building your audience in the first place.

Solid Commerce, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  7. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes customers are the best advertisements for your business. When you serve a customer well it leads to many more fresh customers...BTW what is that link you've added?

Julia Patterson, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  8. EarlJones

EarlJones Peon

Best Answers:
    It is must for you to update your online business strategy with change in time. Some good tips are:
    To offer just one product or service on your home page.
    Reposition your opt-in offer to boost your opt-ins and build a bigger list of loyal subscribers.
    Add impact to your promotions with hover ads.

EarlJones, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  9. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually not a link I added; it's an advertisement on Digital Point -- part of their advertising or affiliate network or what have you involves highlighting certain parts of text and turning them into ad hyperlinks. You'll see it here and there throughout the forum.

Solid Commerce, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  10. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    oh ok... will they upgrade a website as per our requirements?

Julia Patterson, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  11. smudasir

smudasir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    place your classifieds on www.bizywizy.com free classifieds website of India.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    smudasir, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  12. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Would you mind clarifying?

Solid Commerce, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  13. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    Please ignore that...

Julia Patterson, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  14. Michael Akinlabi

Michael Akinlabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Start with content marketing! It's the best/cheap way to get your product out there.

Michael Akinlabi, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  15. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your strategy really depends on a lot of different factors. The first thing you need to do is find out why you aren't getting many sales. What sort of placement do you have in the search results? You can check this by searching for the type of products you are selling and see if you show up in the top few results. If you don't, chances are you're not selling because folks simply can't find you. In that case, you need to start optimizing your website content for high search engine visibility.

You can start by creating a list of search terms you think someone may be using to find what you're selling, then use a tool like http://www.keywordspy.com to determine the actual search depth of your keywords. You will also see other possible search words and phrases as well. Number your keywords according to search depth from highest to lowest. Next, do a search for the keywords you have and see who's ranking in the top couple spots. Visit their sites and count the number of times these keywords show up (the keyword density). You'll want to use them a couple times more than they do, in a way that flows naturally across the page. You'll also want to include them in your meta title, meta description and meta keywords.

If you're ranking high already, compare your pricing with the competition. Search your product titles and see what others are pricing their products at. If you're priced higher, you'll need to either price your products more competitively, or re-brand your products all together. Many online retailers do not stock their own merchandise; they're distributors and use dropshipping, meaning they cannot afford to be as competitive as a company manufacturing or stocking their own products. In this case, re-branding might be the only way to generate high sales. I actually wrote an article about this on my blog. If you'd like a full explanation of re-branding, please visit http://www.lcws.net/innovative-marketing/.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  16. mrwright90

mrwright90 Peon

Best Answers:
    Set up a landing page, and create a company video. Also, set up a blog, do some keyword research and optimise your website for these keywords.

mrwright90, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  17. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Advertisement is only working for generate traffic, not for improving your sales.
    You need to provide something different and something extra other popular e-commerce sites.
    So your unique visitor will become re-visitor.
    One more thing is, show daily updated your best product with comparing other other e-commerce features. And show them that why your product is better that others.
    Give best support to your customers, because the best marketing is done by the satisfied customers.

yagnik, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  18. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer to use PPC and social media to achieve this.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  19. JosephMorin

JosephMorin Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media is the best option to gain traffic to your website, and to boost your online sale. Social media includes various popular social networking sites as Facebook, twitter, google plus etc. You only have to promote your business there and work on online advertisement through social media. Other than that SEO is also a good option to boost your online sale, it is a process of optimization of any website to gain more traffic and it helps to increase online sale and popularity. But you have to notice you are making these online marketing processes in a right way or not.

JosephMorin, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  20. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    This guy's got the right idea! Content is a HUGELY cost-effective way to spread your influence and broaden your audience.

Solid Commerce, Aug 7, 2014 IP