1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

XML Sitemap - google is not indexing my posts

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by cri8bat, Jul 1, 2014.

I have submitted the xml sitemap over google webmaster tools 7 days ago
    not errors found (I am using wordpress, SEO by yoast plugin)

only my homepage and blog page got indexed by all the posts are not being indexed...

is it because I have the blog list posts in another page (not the homepage)?

in the settings->reading I have unchecked as default the discorrage from index

what I have notice in the xml files is that the:

post-sitemap.xml - website.com/blog is set to daily priority 100%
    page-sitemap.xml - website.com is set to weekly priority 100%
    page-sitemap.xml - website.com/blog set to weekly priority 80%

is that the problem? I have tried to change to daily and 100% to the website.com/com in page-sitemap.xml

and deleted cached but it still remains weekly 80%

need help

cri8bat, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  2. evildon

evildon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google would take it's own time to index a web page, there is not definite time period for that.

Also have you checked the individual sitemaps (posts, pages) and do you see all your posts in that? Also make sure you have not ticked the noindex under each post on Wordpress SEO plugin.

You can also try to fetch your website using the "Fetch as Google" tool under Google webmaster and if everything loads up correctly, submit it to Google Index. It works more faster ;)

evildon, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  3. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While you can change these values in the sitemap XML, they are guidelines and not for certain that crawlers will respect that value. In terms of Google stance on this, I can't comment. Check your site stats, has Google crawled your site daily? It might just take a bit of time for everything to fall in place :)

ironcladservers, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  4. Sachin Karpe

Sachin Karpe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I faced the same problem, I waited for a month but nothing happened. One of my colleague suggested me to change the theme of wordpress. As some of the internal codes were complicated to understand. I changed the theme and within two days all my pages got indexed. Change your theme and check. Hope this will help.

Sachin Karpe, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  5. Brain Technosys

Brain Technosys Member

Best Answers:
    I
    I should suggest you to avoid using plugins for sitemaps as i also faced the same issue and then tried XML file through ftp and it worked for me.
    :)

Brain Technosys, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  6. Sachin Karpe

Sachin Karpe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How to upload that ftp xml file in wordpress domains..? I have downloaded 'Google Sitemap' plugins and its working good.

Sachin Karpe, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  7. Max9323

Max9323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if there is still a problem you can try the latest version of Google XML Sitemap by Arne Brachhold which also looks pretty much messed but no problem with indexing

Max9323, Jul 21, 2014 IP