1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which forums are good for linkbuilding?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Yasse e., Jun 27, 2014.

I have a site and I want to promote it on forums. The forum has to be about games, and in specific game apps.

Yasse e., Jun 27, 2014 IP
  2. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend just posting your links up blindly on forums to get backlinks and visitors - most on-the-ball forum owners and moderator teams will see it for what it is and delete it and, possibly, add you to spam databases.

I'd take the approach of asking for reviews of your apps and make it about getting some feedback; it still might not be allowed, but at least it should engage with the membership and give them an opportunity to comment on your apps.

The best advice though is simply to ask the forum owners if they will allow you to post about your apps and include some links - if they say no, at least you won't be tagged as a spammer - and if they say yes, then you get an opportunity to promote.

Cheers,
    Shaun :)

Clickfinity, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  3. phuongtbnguyen

phuongtbnguyen Member

Best Answers:
    There're ton of forums out there that you can post your promotion. But I agree with Clickfinity that you must give some benefit to not only reader, but also forum that you post in, y the quality of your content.

And I think, if you need to promote an app, you can upload it in some file sharing network as freeware or shareware. I think it target customer better than forum post.

phuongtbnguyen, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start growing first some reputation online on the communities. Bring your contribution to the forums and you will see that they will appreciate your work and you be able to ad signatures. Going there with the purpose to get backlinks will have 2 side effects: considered spam by forum moderator and also never understand the purpose of what SEO is. Don't go on the bad direction from the start.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  5. jithathul

jithathul Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL .. if you are using forum for link building then shortly you will go to spam list.:cool:

jithathul, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  6. jackkarter

jackkarter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ Jithathul - Nothing wrong with using forums to promote your brand as long as you offer useful information and genuinely contribute to them. It's actually one of the most powerful methods out there if done properly.
    But you are right. Using forums to blatantly promote your site without contributing in a meaningful way is asking for the naughty step.

jackkarter, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  7. weakpa2

weakpa2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    you can use the google in searching any high PR forum site but make it sure it is related to your blog topic

weakpa2, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  8. Himalayan

Himalayan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forums are basically the area of discussions on members queries or information they want to share with others and from this point of view they are not for link promotion. After you become trustworthy or helpful member of the community you can get leverage of adding links in your signature area.

Himalayan, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  9. Mozzyweb

Mozzyweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just see the Rules of all the forums you are going to setup an account with and if they do not have anything about links or link promotion just ask webmasters.

Mozzyweb, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  10. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    Forum for link building is almost dead, as all the "good" sources have been identified and spammed to death by xrumer spammers, forcing the webmaster to add no follow in their links, or remove signatures completely.

But for reputation and traffic they are still extremely useful. The best forums, are those that rank high in google in your niche. Try to do a bunch of different search queries in your niche, and see which forum usually come on top. They are probably those that pass the most link juice.

Ferzy, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  11. weakpa2

weakpa2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Is it true that building link through forum site is dead?...

weakpa2, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  12. PeterStraw

PeterStraw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just be aware of getting on the spam list.

PeterStraw, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  13. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is the best from now on..

enous, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  14. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    search in wiki, forums are listed by category-wise

m.sivarajan, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  15. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is all about games and I would suggest to find a forum site that is related to games or in specific game apps but games will do if you have a hard time finding it specifically. its better to use related forums for you to improve experience and knowledge from it.

KylieSweet, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  16. Villasforrentinsrilanka

Villasforrentinsrilanka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its really good you are going for Link Building and want to increase PR and all ,but Do not go in speeday way,its a time consuming one so go step by step else ,there are mainly possibilities of violation of Google policy and may charge penalty on your websites so Build quality and niche links for your websites for better grip of your sites on Google

17. Senthil K Vel

Senthil K Vel Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really have an idea about which is the best forum for link building But I hope DP is one of the toppest forum) - But when it comes Link Building, it depends on the seller/link provider you found for your site.. It depends on how genuine your link provider and his sources. Finding the best seller is on your will power..

However, Google has become even tricker than before, building though good links in unnatural way, thats been waste and leads to penalization. Better you stay away from PBNs as its not working well as before. Go for the best one.. All the best.. Finally, You are in DP now, better place to learn more... Jus continue.. Best of luck again..

Senthil K Vel, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  18. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The forums that are useful for link building are those that are related to your topic/niche, have strong traffic, and will let you post your link. Using forum links for SEO or do-follow linking purposes is not an urgent matter, since 1) the thread pages where your links appear are almost always lacking in PR or PA anyway, 2) the immediate that power forum links have for creating short term direct traffic may be more important, depending on your web marketing plan (which may, or may not be SEO or Google centered).

Not everything needs to be about ranking. Pick forums with strong traffic relevant to your niche, then start on the most active threads (with the most posts or screens). 10 or more such posts with links can lead to quick site traffic that dwarfs that received from the SEO route.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    melprise, Aug 9, 2014 IP
  19. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't think of forums as a way to build links, but more of a way to get traffic. If you run a good site and post on a forum that is relevant, then I think you'll find that people start to link to you by themselves. This is ideal as they'll do it not only on the forum but also on other sites.

creztor, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  20. tony5885

tony5885 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to find a forum site that is related to games and so.Find a forum for games and good luck!

tony5885, Aug 11, 2014 IP