1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need Writer for dozens of health articles

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by worldman, Jun 23, 2014.

I am launching a new health website and I need to hire one or two writers to write some professional content for it. Eventually the website will have thousands of articles, but it currently has zero.

The perfect candidate will have the following:
    1. Great command of the English language.
    2. Great writing skills
    3. ability to research topics
    4. Ability to write articles using multiple sources of information
    I really don't care if English is not your native language. As long as you can meet the above requirements, I am fine.

How to apply:
    1. Submit at least 2-3 writing samples (preferably related to health and fitness)
    2. Include your rates
    3. Indicate how many words per week you are able to write.
    A couple things to note, I only use PayPal as a payment option. And I do not make down payments. I've been on this forum long enough to see many people get screwed over. I will pay on weekly basis for the work that is completed. You will be given a login to the website where you will post your content. Once I approve the article you will be paid for your work.

I hope I covered everything. Please submit all inquires to my inbox as I will not be checking this thread. Thanks :)

worldman, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  2. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    But have you been here long enough to see that a screw turns both ways?

Senobia, Jun 23, 2014 IP
    Rickeo likes this.
  3. Neremy Babu

Neremy Babu Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think trust is a mutual think and just as much as you have no reason to trust the writer, the writer also has no reason to trust you. That being said, a down-payment is important just for the purpose of upholding mutual trust.

Neremy Babu, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  4. Rickeo

Rickeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    A very valid point. In fact I'd say it were more dangerous for a content writer to provide work up front as there's no protection for the content writer if payment wasn't made just a lengthy DMCA process. As for the client if the content wasn't to your standards, didn't meet your requirements or wasn't provided you'd be protected by PayPal and have the dispute process on your side.

I'd love to come to an agreement but I do not do work without payment especially content writing it's time consuming and requires a lot of effort and hard work and when people don't pay it's just not worth the hassle.

Rickeo, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. Waqasanwar

Waqasanwar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Anybody can help me about academic Writing?

Waqasanwar, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  6. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No offense, to any of the writers here but I am the employer. If you can't play by my rules, there are other jobs out there.

worldman, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  7. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just for new writers, I wanted to respond to this. You are thinking things in terms of employer/employee. But you are not hiring an employee. You are hiring a contractor. In which case, it is actually based on the negotiated terms between yourself and who you select for the project. The contractor is 100% their own employer.

You are not their boss. You are their client. As such, not only do they not have to work based on your rules, but they can also fire you at any time. That is how the freelance/client relationship works. Unless you are hiring someone as an official employee with a contract to your business, a W2 at the end of the year and benefits in accordance to regional law, you cannot make that statement.

But you may have just lost the interest of every experienced freelancer on this board with that attitude. Not necessarily because of what you said, but because it makes it sound as if you would be difficult to work with. No one wants that.

oo87, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    Senobia and Rickeo like this.
  8. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Never said I am their boss. I said I was the employer, which is true. Look I had well over 30 individuals show interest in my posting and I have settled on two individuals. I used to be a content writer on DP myself, I know how this game is played (5+ years). Not trying to be a d!ck or anything, I just don't have time for the nonsense. I have never stiffed payments and I've got two years over you here :) welcome to my world.

worldman, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  9. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Then you should know better. I know I lost all interest in the position when I read what you had written. I considered it an official withdraw of my intent to ever work for you. Because, as you said, there are other jobs, and I don't ignore red flags.

I just think that your post came off as unprofessional. The amount of time here + your past as a writer only makes it worst. The fact that you still found a couple of writers also doesn't mean much. You seem like you would be very unpleasant to work with.

oo87, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  10. Rickeo

Rickeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I have to say I agree with oo87 your attitude is appalling.

Regardless I have nothing constructive to say now so I wont derail your thread any more the best of luck to yourself.

Rickeo, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  11. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well that's why you guys can pick whoever the hell you want to work for :) . Now please stop molesting my thread unless you have something positive to add.

Goodbye.

worldman, Jun 25, 2014 IP