1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i do better competetor analysis?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by panki90, Dec 3, 2013.

Dear All SEO Experts,
    I want to check my competitor back-links of the website pls suggest me some SEO tools and also how can i do it in better way. Please suggest me the best answer which can help me a lot.
    Thanks

panki90, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  2. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Open Site Explorer is a SEO tool provided by an SEO product company called Moz. You can enter a website address and Opensite Explorer will display some very useful information.
    check the ranking of a site and sites that link to it.
    Analyse competition for keywords
    Analyse optimization of competitor pages
    Review keywords sending traffic to your competitors
    Identify new keyowrds

karen9999, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  3. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blogdum, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  4. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Panki90,
    Here are some tools for Competitor Analysis:
    Ahref
    Open site explorer
    Majestic SEO
    Backlink Watch
    SEO SPY Glass

Now you can analyze the competitors link through these tools, but all tools have their limit for free versions. You can also find your competitors backlink through given query:
    Suppose your competitors link url is "xyz.com" then type Site:xyz.com in Google search and in results you will find websites having link of your competitors site.
    Now filter those websites by checking their Page Rank, Page Authority, Domain Authority, cache, IP address etc and remove poor quality links and make a list of filtered websites.

rozerr, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to competitor analysis, You can use these three tools.
    1. Open Site Explorer: MOZ is an excellent SEO tool. All the tools in Open Site explorer are safe and extremely useful for presenting and monitoring analytics, you can check link popularity and can also monitor existing back links. It can also predict page and domain authority, inbound links etc. I have stated it as number number one because of the bets tools available for targeted link building and competitive intelligence.
    2. Raven Tools: Raven Tool will help you in breaking down the SEO strategy followed by your competitor. It has quite good user interface and easily integrates with third party tools. It has competitor manager that will track and organize all selected competitors page,links,domain statistic etc. It has site auditor, site performance and research central tool for your own page analysis. You can also analyze the performance of their site and can make changes accordingly and the best thing about it is the reports. Report generated by Raven tool is beautiful, you don't need extra effort to locate any specific mark.
    3. Keyword Spy: As the name sounds is keeping a close look on the rank of keywords. It will help you in identifying the most powerful one and you can use it as your game changer. Keyword Spy is a free tool that can offer Organic Competitors reports. All you have to do is to enter the targeted keyword or phrase in the search box, click enter, and go to the Organic Competitors tab. By doing this you will find companies that you might have never thought off, and also see how different keywords behave. This tool is something you will want to have in order to dig deeper.

John Dave, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  6. Arpit Agarwal

Arpit Agarwal Member

Best Answers:
    Hi rozerr, Great tools it definitely help in finding out competitors back links. @panki90 you should use these tools for better back links analysis.

Arpit Agarwal, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  7. panki90

panki90 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot rozerr and john and all

panki90, Dec 4, 2013 IP
  8. prashant.jain

prashant.jain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey may be http://fun-entertainment-knowledge.blogspot.in/2013/11/how-to-do-competitor-analysis.html can help you to do better competitor analysis

prashant.jain, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  9. jhonsea

jhonsea Member

Best Answers:
    Is anyone using WebMeUP here (for back links)

jhonsea, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  10. Davide Di Prossimo

Davide Di Prossimo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi panki90,

You can use Follow, at Follow.net. I work with the company. You can download it from here: http://follow.net/?utm_source=internal. Follow is a competitive web-based intelligence tool to see what your competitors do online. Follow has a free basic plan, but also more powerful paid plans.

You are interested in backlinks I understand. In Follow, you have a feature called News Feed: from there you can see who is talking about a site online (one of your competitors for instance). Talking online most of the times means providing a backlink. So, if you find those websites that are willing to talk about your competitors, perhaps they will talk about your site too. From that point it's up to you to build a relationship with those site talking about your competitors.

Lastly, Follow also provides other SEO statistics that might be of interest to you: traffic, affiliate, SEO, SEM, display advertising, contextual, demographics, Tweets, WhoIs information, reverse lookup, and list of competitors.

Hey panki90, check out Follow, try the free plan, and let me know what you think about it. I’d love to have your feedback.

Hope that helps.

Davide

Davide Di Prossimo, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  11. sudorank

sudorank Peon

Best Answers:
    The most powerful backlink checker is:

"www.domain.com" -site:www.domain.com

Type it into Google and see what pops up.

On the subject of analysis all you really need is ahrefs, majestic, google and a notepad / pen - automated tools can't compete with an experienced human!

sudorank, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  12. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It costs money to crawl the web and extract all the data to show backlinks. That's why most of the tools are chargeable although there's usually a free option (ahrefs allows 10 free queries a day for instance) to entice you to pay.Due to crawling restrictions, the non-Google checkers won't get every link that Google sees. And Google keeps a good chunk of what it sees for its eyes only.Don't get too hung up on this - it's easy to spend time checking other sites links that could be time better used getting more for yourself.

webcosmo, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  13. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best tool to use is the paid version of SEOSpyglass, Opensiteexplorer or MajesticSEO.

Kanonig, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  14. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! I agree 100%. I don't want to say it's another money wasting machine :D but anyway you must save your time to improve your website and extend your audience. The tools must be used, of course, but 70% of the time should be invested on developing your platforms.

15. shoaibmahmud36

shoaibmahmud36 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have some great tools for Competitor analysis.
    (1) Open Site Explorer (Recommended)
    (2) Ahrefs (Recommended)
    (3) SEO SpyGlass
    (4) Back link Watch
    (5) Magestic SEO
    You can use them for your any kinds of competitor Analysis.

shoaibmahmud36, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  16. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Backlinkwatch, opensiteexplorer, majesticseo, ahref for competitor analysis.

Anis Mizi, Jun 24, 2014 IP