1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got 50,000 likes for my FB page in just 20 days

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by rahuljrark, Jun 8, 2014.

Hi, I am the admin of the Game Of Thrones Memes page on Facebook and I crossed 100,000 likes recently. So I thought that I can share some of my experiences here. If you have other ideas, do share them so that even I will come to know about more things which will help me to get more likes :)

1. The main page topic
    There's nothing as important as this. Now Game Of Thrones is hugely popular and people are crazy about this. I noticed this early and I decided that I had to start a fb page on this topic and that helped a lot. If I had started a page about some less popular TV series, I would've struggled to reach these many likes

2. Timing
    This also matters a lot!! The latest season was going to start in April and that's when I started concentrating on the page as more and more people are interested in it because of all the hype surrounding the start of a new season.

3. The content
    Its imp what you share. I noticed that sharing news articles apart from memes about Game Of Thrones wasnt that good and people didn't like it much. So I started sharing facts about Game Of Thrones

4. Engage the audience
    I also published posts where I used to ask questions. (Who is your favourite Stark kid?). This ensures more engagement

5. Timing
    Check the page analytics to see at what time of the day are most of your followers online. Once you know that, schedule your posts at that time to get more likes

6. Interact with other page admins
    I made sure that I was in touch with the admins of other Game Of Thrones pages. As a resuly we would share each others pages and posts. This is the best way to get many likes in a short time.

7. Be in touch with the latest events
    For a Game Of Thrones page, it is very necessary that I am upto date with the latest episodes and I post more about the exciting thing that has happened recently. The fight between Oberyn Martell and the Mountain has gained lot of attention and I made sure I had many posts about that topic. As a result the post reach increased dramatically.

These are the main things that helped me to gain so many likes for my page. Please share your thoughts about this. I hope my experience helps other page admins and I would also love to learn new things from others so that I can reach 200,000 likes very soon :)

rahuljrark, Jun 8, 2014 IP
    GFX2 and danasurvey like this.
  2. Shabnam Malik

Shabnam Malik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just Put Useful Data O Your page u will get unlimited Fans.I am Promoting My Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hot-News/1394748720769793

Shabnam Malik, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  3. Abdulrahman Hawari

Abdulrahman Hawari Member

Best Answers:
    Seem great steps. Yes you are right you can post useful info as well.

Abdulrahman Hawari, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  4. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to share useful tips to increase likes on FB page. I also have a Facebook page but likes are very few so will follow tips.

Kristina Roy, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  5. Asosyalci

Asosyalci Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks..

Asosyalci, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did the fans turn into quality traffic for you? Were you able to monetize any of that traffic?

Congrats on getting so many fans. :)

danasurvey, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  7. Alpha_Mental

Alpha_Mental Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on reaching 100k likes. I have a page but its a babe page with 20k likes, hasn't been as successful as i thought it would be, but then i only created the page out of boredom so maybe 20k aint so bad. Thanks OP for the useful post

Alpha_Mental, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. Dark Soul

Dark Soul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some great steps of promoting fb page... thanks buddy :)

Dark Soul, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  9. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats! You've chosen your niche really wisely!

Karuna17, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  10. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would you say you be best having 4 pages for each individual niche of your website eg; shop/main site/ other pages to gain revenue to boost all awareness for them more ? Or one page that covers all ?

Hungryforsuccess, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  11. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    You can buy thousands of likes but they are worth nothing.

Callumm, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well that's not totally true because the more likes a page gets the chance of more people following like sheep and liking it for the sake of it.

Hungryforsuccess, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  13. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, you`ll reach 200k likes, and more. Then what, how are you gonna monetize that ? Selling Game of thrones related stuff? Because people didn't like other stuff you said.

webcosmo, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  14. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) Join related groups (you may have to wait for admin approval)
    2) Don't do any advertising before you reach 5k of likes
    3) Post great, related pictures/movies to the groups you are able to. Once per day and with each posts, a link to your fanpage.
    4) Use a software to automate group posting. Cause if you are like me, with multiple fan pages and 1000's of groups to post to, it would be impossible to do this manually each day. HINT thewebbots.com

Elvis Wong, Jun 18, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  15. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Were any of the likes fake though? I have seen people promote fake likes for a few dollars.

gkd_uk, Jun 18, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. Alpha_Mental

Alpha_Mental Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fake likes are of use in the way that if you got 1k fake likes your more likely to get new visitors to like your page. If you had 0 likes or just a few then new people are alot less likely to like or follow your page. There are people out there that sell targeted likes. Just do a google search, or find a page thats similar to yours that has huge amount of likes and send the admin a message asking if he would consider selling you an update on his page to your page.

Alpha_Mental, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  17. anushka123

anushka123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well for this need you should use some fake tool.

anushka123, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  18. Yunarel

Yunarel Peon

Best Answers:
    This is great tips and also add to them that if you go to other related page and checking people comments and then like people comments is a good idea because if you like someone's comment he or she will get an notify that someone like her or his comment then when they check that the page that like their comment is about the same thing that they're looking for they will go and like your page too

Yunarel, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  19. webahead

webahead Member

Best Answers:
    I will really use these tips to get the maximum benefits from it.

webahead, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  20. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Does these 20,000 likes yield any tangible benefits or returns for you ? If yes then what ? May be it should also help us to know on how to monetize and capitalize on the page likes either they are 20,000, 50,000 or millions.

regards,
    etoot.com

Etoot, Jul 8, 2014 IP