1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics. Any concerns?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by schnapster, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Nope, no concerns at all. Google analytics is the best free or paid counter out there

IT

Correctus, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  2. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you view the source code of this site, its there.

So DP uses it.

I use it too, it updates regularly. It shows more keyword conversions from organic search. Compared to awstats.

While awstats shows 40/50k pages displayed a day, while analyitcs shows 14k whats happening is that its counting the ajax hits, which analyitcs can not track.

For javascript, well your ads wont be displayed in that case, espcially if they are adsense, so your potentialy losing a huge ammount of income.

Pierce

Pierce, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  3. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me, i WISH they actually used analytics to 'better' results. Unfortunately i can't find a shred of evidence that they do. Finding a site that a user would never return to in adwords or engine results is a matter of taking blind stabs in the dark. As the case with my site, near (or full) a quarter of my visitors every day are returners (reflected by analytics & other) and analytics has clearly no effect on anything. Of course according to google, my site isn't of great 'quality' either.

Visio, could you stop spooning google for ONE post? $500 a month? buahaha are you kidding me? I probly wouldn't even ponder that if i was making total bank. I wouldn't pay more $75 a month for it MAX. $50 more likely. As i don't really need, or use it but maybe once every 2-3w. It's a flipping redundant mess and its geo-location accuracy/level of detail is a far cry from other services that are offered for free. That compounded with its lack of user-friendlyness is something you just plain can't show to other people. I'm not even really sure why i use it, it rarely if ever tells me something i'm not already aware of. I guess i use it in the hopes of one day there would be a benefit or notable improvement.

JKE, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sorry to offend you. I forgot your one of those Google haters. Okay...:rolleyes:

I have clients who still pay $300/500/month for statistic software like Google Analytics. Some of which I have moved to Analytics. Others won't move.
    I am well aware of the price of Analytics software today. Normal companies/webmasters won't do without it as it can help you make more money and conversions.

visio, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  5. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    'Clients' being the key here.

JKE, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked - now please correct me if this has changed - clients are real people, real webmasters and real websites so what is the difference? I work with large businesses at times but a lot of time pick small companies or single webmasters so I can't see your point. I agree that probably the majority of webmasters wouldn't pay that much however it is still the going price. The average person wouldn't buy a jet but that doesn't mean they are cheap. Get my point?

visio, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  7. pradeep123

pradeep123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    how can we track visitors ip addresses by using google analytics.
    If any body tracking ip addresses by analytics plz suggest me.
    -Pradeep

pradeep123, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  8. qwerty100

qwerty100 Guest

Best Answers:
    This is just speculation, but there might be an advantage to running Analytics if you are also running Adsense and not doing anything against the TOS. It might provide Google with additional information that would help them detect fraud and not kick you out of Adsense. For example, if their system is also detecting traffic to non-adsense pages, some clicks that might look suspicious might appear natural.

On the other hand if you are running spammy sites or stuff like that, using Analytics might hurt you because it would give Google a better idea of your traffic patterns, etc.

This is all just guessing. I'm not sure how much information is shared between analytics and other parts of the company, but I kind of assumed that is why they bought Urchin in the first place.

qwerty100, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  9. MrCash

MrCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I see nobody pointed out any drawbacks of google analytics.
    I see two drawbacks: you can`t track visitors ip`s and you can`t see EXACT url they came from, you just see a website- it`s often useful for smaller sites.

I would also recommend using it combined with other tool.

Despite those two minor drawbacks I think analytics is great a great tool, those charts are awesome to see the overall growth of your site and major referrals.

MrCash, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  10. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no evidence to prove google uses this data. I don't thinkthey do. If they did it would be in their TOS which I don't see.

You can track both of those items. Please use the google FAQ and you will find it. And it is good for all sites ;)

visio, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  11. unispace

unispace Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is great but have a few complaints:

1 - adds to loading time (but what traffic analyzer doesn't)
    2 - No IP tracking (If a visitor almost buys something but then stops you want to know that and try track down that visitor)
    3 - It only logs google keywords
    4 - The UI is so slow to load, I'm not always at a 1Gb/s connection

Otherwise great and nothing else compares for the price. Sometimes I go with a lighter solution for certain needs but most of the time I use because it is so easy to install.

unispace, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  12. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wait a second. I have installed it on hundreds of sites and have never seen a load change. You must have dinosaur connection because it would have to be that slow to see any change. There is none.

You can use goal tracking(awesome feature!) to track a visitor almost buying and where they stopped and almost identify why they stopped. YOU CAN TRACK IPS!

visio, Dec 10, 2006 IP
    JKE likes this.
  13. unispace

unispace Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I just have not spent enough time using the software. How can you track IPs, I've been trying to figure that out for a while and can't seem to find anything like that. I do like the goal tracking feature, a good indicator of how well your site turns visitors into leads or sales.

BTW, I swear it slows down the load time but I have nothing to prove it. It isn't my connection, that is for sure. I might be wrong though, it is just a subjective observation of mine. Anyone else notice an increase in load time when using analytics?

unispace, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  14. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most likely it is a large image or file and not the script as I have seen no delay because of it even on a dial-up. I can't remember the exact page I saw it but I know Ip tracking is available if you change enable it somehow. Do a google search and you should find it.

visio, Dec 10, 2006 IP