1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Platform for users to sell stuff like ebay?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by asteraki1976, Jun 14, 2014.

Hi

Is there any platform to use that users will be able to sell there stuff like ebay?

I want to create a shop like that...

Thank you

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    asteraki1976, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  2. Velocity1

Velocity1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to create an alternative to ebay or just an ecommerce website?

Can you give a little bit more context, there are tons of ecommerce websites but few have been able to execute a successful bidding platform like ebay. I'm sure they also have patents on many of the ways bidding works.

Velocity1, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  3. Answergod

Answergod Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you can try Amazon

Answergod, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  4. asteraki1976

asteraki1976 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to create something like ebay style so the users can sell stuff bid or buy :)

Thank you

asteraki1976, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  5. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    You can quick start your website by adapting eCommerce clone script, but make sure whether there is provision to customize as per your requirement.

aceriker, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  6. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't have the skills to do this job, you can outsource and find some great web developer that can do this work for you.

laicen, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  7. Mo.tamim

Mo.tamim Peon

Best Answers:
    You may start by creating a web site or a blog( just to test the environment , if things went will go for buy your site).

Social media give a great push to emerging business as from there you can collect your customer ex: facebook ads, google words, ..
    Social media targets a specific category off customers with the same interest of your products, hint: ask your friends to like your page and share your post and you will see improvements .. As a site that similar to ebay has a variety of products, you can start by offering some products first just like Amazon.com started offering books only.

Discussion boards and forums, connection with customers and feedbacks are very important to reach customers satisfaction.

Mo.tamim, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  8. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    You can use amazon, Alibaba, souq, wanelo, polyvore, fab, fancy, etoot etc.........There are thousands of stores like that where users can directly sell their stuff online.

Etoot, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  9. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    This is a pretty big undertaking! I think you're definitely going to want to team up with a developer of some kind to take on this type of project.

Solid Commerce, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  10. EarlJones

EarlJones Peon

Best Answers:
    An alternate platforms to sell stuff like ebay are Eatblay and Rubylane. These two alternatives are really helpful to sell collective items , here you can sell anything that is legal and you can take payment in any form.

EarlJones, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  11. SaleHoo

SaleHoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know this post is a little older now, but just in case anyone is looking here for recent information, some eBay alternatives to consider (depending on what you're selling) include:
    • Amazon
    • Etsy
    • Bonanza
    • Ruby Lane
    • Craigslist
    • eBid
    • Your own online store (which is what I think you might be talking about trying OP?)
    • A niche-specific store that caters to your product type (e.g. if you were selling clothes, something like Threadflip)
    If you'd like a fuller explanation of any of those networks, or some advice for building your own store, this blog post is a helpful resource: http://www.salehoo.com/blog/sick-of-ebay-try-these-alternative-places-to-sell

Hope this helps! [​IMG]

SaleHoo, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  12. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of the platforms like this, Etsy, Amazon for example. There are also many clones of such platforms.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jul 2, 2015 IP