1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blacklist Zetanet

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by wrekoniz3, Feb 19, 2014.

So I have been in this business for a long time. I have dealt with many different companies throughout the years. Really you can't judge a company until you meet your account rep and go through the motions of doing business. You really learn the best lessons in business from losing money. So lets talk about Zetanet - small RTB company. They signed an IO for NET 30.

Started working with the account rep for the relationship. Starting sending small amounts of volume. First month all was good. My account rep was hard to find at times but not the worst (he is a good guy). 3 months into our relationship we built up an owed balance to be paid to PremiumCPM of $3,000+ and we stumbled on some issues which including stopping business with anyone using appnexus due to the level of compliance violations. But there were no hard feelings in pausing business.

Come Jan. 30th - December Payment is due. Nothing. Couple days later - Nothing. Finance is pressing me at this point. Ok. Time to press a little harder on my end. So at this point its now 1.5 - 2 weeks late, I get in touch with the 'Flo' the individual who handles finance there... She tells me "Our CFO in on vactation so, your payment is schedule for the next week" (Quoted directly from skype).

So thats not acceptable 2 weeks late on payments to all of your clients because your CFO is on vacation? Really?

The amount owed is small its only approx. $2,200 finance and legal here attached a late fee - bringing it to around $2,400 considering its over 2 weeks late and payment was refused due to everyone being on vacation. So this week - its "next week" its now wednesday - I reached out every day this week.

[2/17/14 10:10:59 AM] Dominick Romano: Hello, Hope everyone is back from vacation today.
    [2/17/14 10:13:43 AM] Flo MN: Hello Dominick, How are you? I hope great. As I told you your pyment will be done done this week,
    [2/17/14 10:13:53 AM] Flo MN: and I will send you de payment proof
    [2/17/14 10:13:54 AM] Dominick Romano: This week is not acceptable.
    [2/17/14 10:13:56 AM] Dominick Romano: TODAY is.
    [2/17/14 10:14:11 AM] Dominick Romano: 18 days late...
    [2/17/14 10:20:51 AM] Dominick Romano: so please send 'de' money.
    [2/17/14 10:21:20 AM] Flo MN: ok .
    [2/17/14 10:22:03 AM] Dominick Romano: Good I look forward to a payment confirmation today.
    [2/17/14 10:22:23 AM] Flo MN: ok

Never got a payment confirmation. Then tuesday I spoke to someone who was going to look into this and email me - never got an email. Then today - I got the CFO on the phone who was happily on vacation and he didn't like the tone of my voice after waiting now 20 days for them to pay the company I work for and after being told by him "Payment will be sent this week" so he hung up. I call back - and ask for him again and the person on the phone said "Did you quiet down?" No I didn't - Pay the money.

Then I talk to my account rep. who tells me the CFO says:

[2/19/14 10:55:28 AM] Pablo Peralez: I have just talked with CFO
    [2/19/14 10:55:45 AM] Pablo Peralez: they will not pay your fee , so if you resend now the invoice with non fee will pay now

So now they refuse to pay the invoice because there is a late fee for paying late and violating the IO while trying to negotiate with me to remove the late fee to get paid today. So in other words they are holding the payment hostage until the late fee is removed which is out of my control and will not be removed because the payment is late. They will pay this week - but will pay today if we remove the late fee?

How about they pay today because the payment is 20 days late.

Then - I speak with Santiago the Founder of Zetanet who continues to try to trivialize the fact that they are 20 days late "really its not worth you get so angry for just 20 days because we always paid you." Actually only paid one other time. Because we only worked with them for 2 full months.

But wait it gets better...

"well so the late fee is not applicable if its not included in an IO. I have fort example the same fee for my clients. and they never pay on time. despite that, I do not charge them any fees since I understand this is part of the market and its difficult to be exact on payments" -Santiago Piola.

Really? And so where does it say NET 50 on our IO?

"I know..but this was a special situation since he (the CFO) was out of the country for more than one month" - Santiago Piola.

But wait - We were paid on time for the month before... That makes no sense and its just a 360 of all of their excuses. A special situation means a special fee.

I usually keep it as composed, respectful, and professional as possible but this has me completely unwound today.

Considering the above - I would highly suggest you avoid dealing with Zetanet.

Edit Note: It actually saddens me to have to post this - and I would love to be able to post about how well they fix this this.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    wrekoniz3, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Update: Santiago Piola has stated Zetanet will not pay - until there is an updated invoice sent with the late fee removed. He sated the late fee is not on the IO (which it isn't) but the IO is for NET 30 and doesn't say anything about NET 50. He called it a special situation, that comes with a special fee. We will continue to spread awareness until the situation is resolved and people live up to their obligations properly.

3. bernardosm

bernardosm Peon

Best Answers:
    HI Wrekoniz

We apologize for this unfortunate administrative issue, your payment has been processed and you should receive confirmation shortly.

Best!

bernardosm, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  4. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Hasn't happened - what has actually happened is Santiago Piola is now claiming that the numbers are wrong - (because they were modified by ZetaNet on jan. 30th, 2014) so now they are claiming $800 is the amount which it isn't. The numbers pulled for their December Invoice was 58,659,950 impressions and approx. $2,200 owed. Now they are claiming something completely different after it has been more than 20 days late and I notified their company on Jan. 30th 2014 of there being sudden changes in numbers, every time I pulled a report I saw impressions going up and down for december. I told my account manager Pablo Peralez about it he told me AppNexus was experience reporting delays (which this isn't a delay cause it was from the month before) then he told me there was a regional issue with AppNexus only in their country - which I find hard to believe... he told me to contact finance about this issue earlier in the month and they never responded.

Here is the proof: I sent them an invoice on November for Approx. $2,200 (which is decembers numbers) on accident and I get this response:

[1/7/14 3:01:28 PM] Pablo Peralez: no problem!
    [1/7/14 3:01:29 PM] Pablo Peralez: :)
    [1/7/14 3:09:48 PM] Pablo Peralez: Hey Dom
    [1/7/14 3:10:00 PM] Pablo Peralez: Finance team is telling me that we have overdue only 1314 USD
    [1/7/14 3:10:07 PM] Pablo Peralez: is that correct ?
    [1/7/14 3:10:12 PM] Pablo Peralez: cause the other is from december

So what they really did was take novembers numbers - subtract it from december - then claim the remaining is whats owed for december. Thats extremely incorrect. Horrible way to do business.

I told Santiago the exact number of impressions from December and he says the following:

[2/19/14 4:11:34 PM] Santiago Piola: show me evidence with a screenshot on that
    [2/19/14 4:11:38 PM] Santiago Piola: and I'll believe you

After all of this Santiago Piola decides to run because he knows he is wrong and says the following "we will send the remaining funds dominik. I really don't want to speak with you anymore ever" and blocked me on skype.

Do your self a favor and stay away from this company.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  5. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Here's the next update - They are now trying to cover it up by going forum to forum to hide what is going (this issue has not been resolved) on find the attached and if you notice its the same person as above who claimed I was already paid (which is not true):

The following message was sent to you via the Impression Rush Contact Us form by bernardosm ( mailto: ).

--------------------------------

HI Administrator

I wanted to reach you out to ask you if you could help me out regarding the user Wrekoniz3 he is posting against our company about an issue that has been promptly addessed and solved. Please see the post in the following link.

http://impressionrush.com/showthread.php/13-Zetanet-Blacklisted-Failure-to-pay

Please let me know if you can delete this post since is very harmful for the company´s reputation

Best

Bernardo San Martin

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
    IP Address: XXXXXXXXXX
    User Name: bernardosm
    User ID: XX
    Email:

6. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Update:

So now according to my point of contact at Zetanet Pablo Peralez: "We will send all of this information , with reports and with what you are putting in forums to our lawyers in US and they will sue for damages. I have helped you with everything I could, I have to stop here . but let clarify that I'm an honest person and worker, hope you the best of luck" and conveniently signed off afterwards.

Being helped with everything he could? Which is what? He has not done anything to help. I am asking this issue be resolved in good faith. I sent them an invoice - They knew the numbers. So did Pablo Peralez who now has amnesia. They have come up with excuse after excuse after excuse as to why payment is now 21 days late, then they have tried to say "payment is being sent this week, this week", then they run out of excuses for why its not already being paid so then they fight over a late fee...where they proceed to state they will not pay PremiumCPM until they are sent an invoice without a late fee...then when they see the truth starting to leak online...suddenly they will pay...but then comes another excuse...wait...we only owe you $800 (which is completely inaccurate).

If they only owed us $800 don't you think they would have said it 36 days ago when they were sent the invoice for $2,200. Also why would Pablo not respond to my message when I told him and Finance that numbers were changing and not 1 person responded to the email; I had to call to get Pablo on the phone where he told me the numbers keep changing because of reporting delays (which is BS how can set numbers from a month ago be effected by a reporting delay? Not possible). This whole situation is disgusting. They would rather spend more than $2,200 in legal fees to sue for damages - than do what is right. Again, this is posted with good faith intentions to see this issue resolved.

wrekoniz3, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  7. dave lucas

dave lucas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ====================================
    zetanet is scam , they stole my payment for 2 months :( 3000$
    Hi

I have cc Florencia Macias who is in charge of making payments
    Please contact her at or call her at +1 315 220 3531

Did you stop sending traffic due to delayed payments?
    Regards

dave lucas, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  8. dave lucas

dave lucas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ==================================
    zetanet is scam , they stole my payment for 2 months :( 3000$

Dear Badl Jail

Unfortunately we are going to withhold the payment due to Advertisers complains about abnormal CTR that affected their campaigns.

Best regards,

dave lucas, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  9. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    So they are a network which uses AppNexus, and their excuse for not paying you is you just had a low CTR? Um maybe they are horrible at optimizing your inventory and were showing ads which were unrelated and had no visitor interest? hmmm These guys are absolutely crazy, so they got paid by their advertiser, I doubt they are providing refunds of spent budget because they have ad serving fee's, so really they just scammed you.

You should ask them to show you proof of complaints.

wrekoniz3, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  10. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So basically they are proven to be scamming once a publishers reaches to high amount, I think two complaints are enough to stay away from such network

aassociatehit, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  11. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Oh its even worse cause once you call them, you realize how unprofessional they are. When payment was due, I was told it isn't being paid until a week late because the CFO was on vacation. First time I have ever heard that. Then once the CFO was back, then the invoice they got 2 months prior they claimed was wrong, then they refused to pay, then when proved wrong again, the CEO got involved, said he would pay, then tried to hustle me into invoicing him a lower amount, then refused to pay.

I'm pretty honest when it comes to such tactics, and Its unacceptable for people to conduct business this way, all their clients should work with PremiumCPM. Better Support, Pays better too :D oh, and actually pays!

wrekoniz3, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  12. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just curious. Did they refund their advertisers? :)
    Why 2 months need to pass until a traffic is declared "bad" for the advertisers and the money withheld?

yanpub, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  13. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Of course not. They are selling 99% of people's traffic to AppNexus Partners over the exchange. Zetanet comes up with the excuse for you, but still gets paid.

I can only speak as far as how we do business at PremiumCPM, but I can tell you that it does take us about 1 and a half months to really review a site's traffic activity for fraud. There are things which stand out, like blogs with RSS fed content, all text, no social engagement, high volume and a horrible or even no alexa rank. We have never refused payment for a client due to CTR. We don't pay clients for fraud.

It is really the liability of the Network to ensure the Advertiser's CTR meets their requirements, and if a CTR is not, then the network needs to change the sites which that advertiser is running on. Not blame the publisher. If you are showing ads for video games and RPG's on a site for senior citizens, how many people are actually going to click on it? :D Not many, and can't blame the publisher for that.

Zetanet just makes up fitting excuses to get out of paying. They are probably saving their money for a better phone system, because when you call them, they pass a cordless phone around the office. Real Professional.

14. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Your bad. But maybe you have every right to be like that.

yanpub, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  15. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    LOL :D of course, it comes with the situation. If they were an honest company. I wouldn't have anything bad to say about them. I deal with hundreds of companies and you rarely see me on here complaining. I've been in the business long enough to know how things go.