1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback This forum is dominated by Indians

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by pilot35, Jun 10, 2014.

Hey everyone,

I have been here quite a while now and I must say that there an abundance of people here who can't speak English well, specifically the Indians. I recently check Alexa and saw that the site is US-based, but the majority of the users are from India. They don't bother to use their spell checker and simply write for the sake of incrementing post count. As a result, this forum is full of LQ members. Just my feedback, no hard feelings.

pilot35, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  2. cracker007

cracker007 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't hate Indians(most of the forums are running because of Indians)

cracker007, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  3. kaleelkr

kaleelkr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indians work for you in very cheap price. i saw many people looking for indians to out source their work. if you have any work to out source post in buy/sell section. then you can understand benefit of indians :)

kaleelkr, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  4. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never said I hated them. Indians are also human beings like us, it's just that their different. Yeah, I can't doubt that Indians offer cheap labor, but they also expect cheap labor from everyone. I have one Indian that offered to pay me just $100 to set up an e commerce website with 600 items for sale in it.

pilot35, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  5. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They do spam me a lot with PMs for link sales after posting in the services forum once!

But 50% of this forum is full of indian users so DP ain't complaining!

ETA, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    India isn't the top country by traffic (United States is), but they ARE the top users of the Alexa toolbar. See this post: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/being-recognized-by-3-people.2636788/#post-18461129

For whatever reason, all the countries with low quality users (India, Pakistan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, etc.) tend to be the users that use the Alexa toolbar. Users in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, etc. tend to not use the Alexa toolbar (which makes sense really since it serves no purpose whatsoever).

digitalpoint, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  7. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am from Malaysia but I don't use the Alexa toolbar :)

pilot35, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Didn't say everyone does, only that there's a direct correlation between the countries that tend to have low quality users and the percentage of users that have the Alexa toolbar installed in those countries.

digitalpoint, Jun 11, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. iRestore

iRestore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed. And reading closely the T's & C's it states that you must use the English language including punctuation. This is being flouted in many posts but nothing is being done about it. Bit pointless having rules when there is nobody to police them..

And for the record, I'm not racist or against anybody trying to communicate through another language in a foreign tongue, but then rewrite the rules. Oh and they do make wonderful curry's! :)

iRestore, Jun 11, 2014 IP
    pilot35 likes this.
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm o'k with bad spelling, it's fun sometimes, but every now and then it gets to the point of annoying. What I really hate is those folks making meaningless or just copypasted comments way too often :(
    (I don't hate Indians and often work with them)

Karuna17, Jun 11, 2014 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  11. iRestore

iRestore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry guys I'm a noob so I'm not allowed "Like" posts yet, sadly :oops:

iRestore, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  12. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also have a long record of fraudulent customers from India and Pakistan doing chargebacks after I done services or sold ebooks to them. They even have the audacity to give a bad review in my sales thread telling people that they were scammed. The saying poverty breeds crime is actually true.

pilot35, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  13. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Conversely you could argue the the poor are often the most generous...

They work for cheap but they also hire for cheap...

ETA, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  14. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its so funny that someone who himself can't speak English well questioning Indians. Do you realize how much grammatical mistakes you have committed in this thread?

You can't judge entire country just because of few people. If Indians were low quality professionals, we would never had Mr. Nadella becoming CEO of tech giant Microsoft. Apart from it, recent selection of Mr. Rajeev Suri as CEO of Nokia proves that India has got lots of quality workers having top level technical as well as managerial skill. I have worked with lots of people from the US, UK, Australia, Germany and just to share, none of them given me less than A+ rating !

softech02, Jun 11, 2014 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and ryan_uk like this.
  15. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    For sure, man. There lots of renowned guys from India being really professional who push IT industry forward.
    But, there are also lots and lots of folks spamming on the forums, posting duplicate, copy-pasted, and useless sentences just to get their scores. That makes threads too long and makes valuable info harder to find.

Karuna17, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  16. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    But you can find this kind people in any country not just India. I am sure you have no stat on the basis of which you are giving this statement. Lots of people from different countries that include the US, UK, Romania, Australia etc spoil forums. All the spamming software like Scapebox, Xrumer, article spinning bots for generating quick content and posting them to various blogs and forums, yahoo answer bots, mass email blasters are all being developed out of India.

My point is, please do not blame whole nation just because of few people. Every country has some buggers who follow this kind of bad practices, not just India.

softech02, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  17. dips24

dips24 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is simply ridiculous. On which basis did you state that specifically Indians post and comment on the forums who are not proficient with the language? Individuality is the only deciding factor. Your allegations are completely baseless..!!

dips24, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  18. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am from New Jersey and have poor grammar. Might of been the school I went to in the middle of nowhere.

Who cares if the forum has a lot of people from a certain country, we all get together on forums to do business and chat with. Grow up and act like adult's.

I started drinking because of forum's. Some people just drive me insane with there comments out of left field.

snakeair, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  19. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You just cannot judge the entire nation based on activities of few individuals. If the ones who mostly spam the forums are Indians, then the ones who are running it, are Indians too. It's just a way of analyzing things. A client who needs to get his job done would be happier to pay less and get more, while a service provider will always envy someone who runs away with a competitive rate. And I suppose you are defending the latter side.

Roydlanco, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Since when does the ownership of a site determine the userbase?
    It's only lunchtime in NZ but I think I'll start drinking too!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    sarahk, Jun 22, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and snakeair like this.