1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is DA and PA in SEO ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Flexydomains, Jun 9, 2014.

Hello
    what is PA and DA in seo ..
    please define the about PA and DA .

Thanks

Flexydomains, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  2. reenajoon

reenajoon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Domain Authority (DA) it means, how many quality backlinks have been created for your websites to other websites and I don't know about meaning of PA. If anyone know please explain, really I am also curious to know about PA.

reenajoon, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  3. Alice taylor

Alice taylor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PA(page authority) & DA(Domain authority). PA describe the probability that a specific page from your site will be found on the search engine. Higher PA means greater chance of your page showing up on the search engines.
    DA is very important for a website because it will help new pages of content (including blog posts) get indexed more quickly and have a better chance of ranking prominently in the search results.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Alice taylor, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  4. Black Bird

Black Bird Banned

Best Answers:
    PA means (Page Authority), Page Authority is Moz's calculated metric for how well a given webpage is likely to rank in Google.com's search results.

Black Bird, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  5. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Page authority and Domain authority.

Both are very important

ETA, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  6. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those are just metrics Majestic SEO, SiteExplorer and others use to tell you the strength of a site.

Don't forgot to check the PR of the site you are getting link from too especially when you are into blog or private networks
    and ensure it's original PR too.

Kanonig, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the last year or so, PR is becoming more and more a useless metric. As if thats not bad enough, but sleazy SEO "gurus" are using it to advertize their AMAZING and SUPERCHEAP services in high PR websites which are nothing more than a link farm they started a couple of months beforehand. People are daily losing their money chasing the "white rabbit" that is PR nowadays. Google are also aware of the growing flaws in that ranking and have already hinted a couple of times that they would be dropping it in the future.

At the end of the day, use all your metrics as means of analyzing your strong and weak points and work towards them, not as a competition where your purpose is to get the highest score ;)

Rado_ch, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  8. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    DA stands for Domain Authority and it represents Moz's best prediction for how a website will perform in search engine rankings. more info about it can be found at here: moz(dot)com/learn/seo/domain-authority
    PA stands for Page Authority and Page Authority is Moz's calculated metric for how well a given webpage is likely to rank in Google.com's search results. Detailed info about it is given at here: moz(dot)com/learn/seo/page-authority

Kristina Roy, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  9. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that is just simple I think you can easily Google out and find what PA and DA is ? I wonder what makes you put such questions here? this is the third time I am seeing an OP asking question : "What PA and DA is in SEO?". I am not against asking question but @Flexydomains What I am against is creating useless thread as from your name I can clearly see that you deals with the domain buying and selling I am pretty much sure you are not new on this and are aware about the PA and DA.

John Dave, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  10. stilleyes

stilleyes Active Member

Best Answers:
    He could just be starting out and needed quite a few varied input from experienced forum "IMers".

I'm not one to go against questions either, but I think starting a new thread for this question is excessive.

~Dan

stilleyes, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  11. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I have tried looking at his domain and guess what I have found out ! It was their for more than 4years I mean seriously ?? You deal with a domain selling and purchase and ..... It looks bit odd !! and another thing I am seeing here is instead of stop updating this thread every one like @Kristina Roy @Alice taylor @Black Bird ........... keep on repeating the same answer again and again. Other than I think this thread should be close at the very first place..... :(

12. teamworkpr

teamworkpr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PA(page authority) & DA(Domain authority). PA describe the probability that a specific page from your site will be found on the search engine. Higher PA means greater chance of your page showing up on the search engines.
    DA is very important for a website .

teamworkpr, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  13. stilleyes

stilleyes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now that's some detective work. And it's odd - the replies and everything.

I'm not sure about closing the thread though: the mods should be able to merge the replies with those of another thread on the subject (assuming there's one). If there's none, then it's better left open.

~Dan

stilleyes, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  14. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well @stilleyes I sometimes feel that, mods aren't looking at any thread only reporting the post is the thing that wakes them up. I am sure that mods and admins are busy, I have been to other forums they are just way to strict just a post with link will you will get a warning message popping up.

15. zunnunahmed

zunnunahmed Member

Best Answers:
    DA = Domain Authority
    PA = Page Authority

If you use moz toolbar you will find this easily.

zunnunahmed, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  16. memithun

memithun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    DA = Domain Authority
    PA = Page Authority
    both factors are very important in terms of SEO. its being calculated to rank your website according to keywords.

memithun, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  17. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your valid answer

m.sivarajan, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  18. sakib hasan11

sakib hasan11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Domain Authority represents how a website will perform in search engine rankings.So definitely you will get some good traffic as well if your topic is relevant.

sakib hasan11, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  19. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    DA means do the action and PA means play with action :) simple

indiasbull, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  20. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always like to think as DA as the relevance (content quality + all SEO metrics) the domain has for searches related to that content. For PA the same. What is the authority and strength of this page and how relevant and what value the content present on this page brings for people searching for this topic.

With that said, "Domain Authority is a score (on a 100-point scale) developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines. Use Domain Authority when comparing one site to another or tracking the “strength” of your website over time. We calculate this metric by combining all of our other link metrics—linking root domains, number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust, etc.—into a single score."

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    miguel84, Jun 18, 2016 IP