1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What happens when you run out of stuff to blog about?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Soulwatcher, May 29, 2014.

Right now I am building a niche blog that at some point and time I will run out of things for me to blog about. It's a blog about my local area and eventually (years I hope) I will have blogged about everything and I will be down to blogging about local event's which doesn't happen very often. Do you think it will be the end of the blog or do you think all of the past content plus season events will be enough to keep it alive?

Greg

Soulwatcher, May 29, 2014 IP
  2. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you either need to broaden your niche to include other similar areas, or write a "nicheless" blog. I also blog, but do not really have a niche; I simply write what I feel like and let the rest take care of itself.

Jameyson MacDonald, May 29, 2014 IP
  3. xychonaut

xychonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as there are people in your area, I don't think you will be out of things to blog about. :)

You can find some inspiration here in DigitalPoint forums too. Good luck with your blog!

xychonaut, May 29, 2014 IP
  4. Bloggy Inc

Bloggy Inc Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt you'll run out of things to blog about if you're blogging for the right reasons. I always say that blogs should be started as a hobby; A means of escapism; A way of expressing your thoughts and feelings. If you're blogging for the right reasons, you will never be short of inspiration and motivation. If you blog for money, however, you're in deep waters with the risk of hitting a brick wall.

Bloggy Inc, Jun 2, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  5. Nicolas1s6

Nicolas1s6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to uptade your conent or your blog will die... you still can get traffic but your "blog's soul" will vanish...
    But you will never run out of ideas :)
    ideas are every where and there is many simple technique to get topic idea for your blog....
    I recently made a blog post about idea generation... if you want the adress, PM me :)

One advice: be ware f what's happening outside, be ware of what's happening inr your niche and you will always get new ideas.... ;)

Nicolas1s6, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    FAT238 likes this.
  6. TheRaptorClaw

TheRaptorClaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Will it die? No. Will you lose traffic? Yes. Broadening your niche is a way to go or, since you are blogging about your local area, you can always come up with new ideas if you want to keep your blog on that specific topics. Seasonal events are one thing but as long as there are other people there, you can create new things to blog about. News, gossip, history all of that. Good luck with your blog.

TheRaptorClaw, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  7. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Search for new Ideas to blog about from Google Trends and write after research on the Topics.

jazzyjmnote, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  8. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is why I blog about everything, all of niches into one so that it's there in case if I run out of ideas for one of the niche. There is great advices about it on problogger, you can learn so much from problogger.

Joshie, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    Jameyson MacDonald likes this.
  9. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty much doing the same thing. I've only had my blog site up and running a few months and already I'm in the top 1.2 mil worldwide and top 124k in the US (without really even promoting it). When you just write about whatever comes to mind without trying to worry about a niche, there will always be something to write about, people will keep coming back out of curiosity what you'll write about next and your visitor base will be much broader than with a single niche.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    Joshie likes this.
  10. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bingo! Same here, it keeps readers coming back because there is many of different niches for the readers to choose instead of just having to find specific niche blogs. It keeps the readers on their toes wondering what I am going to write about next, or what am I going to review on and recently I have wrote a new page on blog where I allow anyone to submit ideas or something (like this) they would like me to write a review on which this is becoming success, I recommend you to give this a try on your blog.

Allowing your readers to submit some of their ideas or something they'd like for you to write a review on something they'd like to know will keep the readers to come back more often.

Joshie, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    Jameyson MacDonald likes this.
  11. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    I sent an idea your way ;)

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  12. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    Write about some news, what's new within your niche etc. There is always something :D

kenzo22, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  13. Emily BizProfits

Emily BizProfits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd just say if you love what you are doing - you will never get bored of it. My ideas come to me before I fall asleep. I run to write them down. It's always like that when you can't stop thinking about something you really enjoy doing.

Emily BizProfits, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  14. Nicolas1s6

Nicolas1s6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    haha, the same goes for me... I also get a lots of ideaas when i'm taking a hot shower/ hot bath....
    the truth is that you never run out of idea... the biggest challenge is to choose one idea and to work with it....

Nicolas1s6, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  15. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    • Instead of writing about pure fact in your content, try to include you own opinions & passion into it. What do you find exciting about your subject? What's your inspiration? Why are you still doing it? Write about your own personal experiences?
    • Try reaching out to other blog owners in the same niche & exchanging ideas & blog content ideas.
    • If used correctly, blog comments can be a powerful tool in determining what you next post should be based on? Listen to your viewers suggestions.
    • Ask your viewers what they would like to see from your blog!
    • Get ideas from videos. Go to YouTube & take the time to watch relevant videos & use the information here as inspiration.

If you're still struggling, try branching off into a sub-niche within your niche. For example, the main niche will be Quilling, but you can then branch off into bead quilling OR start discussing other paper crafts..

Az

Asif Aziz, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  16. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get more people involved.... do surveys and publish the reports.... ask one question to many people and publish their response with their credentials.... it will not only get you more content, but also will engage people and they will help you sharing the content to a broader audience on social media and yes, they will give you traffic too!

Analyst, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  17. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you ever run out of ideas on what to blog about! ...

When that time comes, "when you think you don't know what to blog about", you will figure out every time. So you really never run out of ideas if you really think about it.

There will always be a way to figure out what to write about. In any Niche. You just have to be very creative and worry more about new ways to come up with new content and spread content with creativity so it will last longer and will be really good for the readers.

I hope this helps!

I wish you the best success online!!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  18. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you ran out of things to blog about then I suggest you start vlogging.
    Experiment and try different things that are still relevant to blogging. :)
    Maybe you can start vlogging on the recent blogs you've made.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  19. muali

muali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its time to promote your blog when you are out of ideas.. Don't ignore a single event, you may write about individuals of your area in a unique fashion. Interviewing the people of your locality asking them to say something which can be shared in a blog. If there are shops in this locality, you may give introduction of those shops and business.

muali, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  20. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you're blogging about something you have knowledge in, you should never run out of things to blog about. Now if you're in a niche, you may find it difficult to find topics but you can help to solve that by just asking those in your niche (your prospects) what problems they seem to he having and work from there.

Andrew M. Warner, Jul 15, 2014 IP