1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning: Watch out for AdBlocks and css naming convention

Discussion in 'CSS' started by meraSEO, Jun 4, 2014.

Content on our company webpage disappeared when users were using the browser plugin AdBlock. I am working in the recruiting industry were we use "Ads" on our own webpage. We advertise our new job offers as such. This is not AdWords Ads or affiliate ads but our own manually created webcontent on our webpage. The problem for us was that our webmaster had named the css class "Adtext" (but in swedish: annonstext) like this:

<p class="annonstext"> ..... </p>

All text within this paragraph was deleted by AdBlocks (a browser plugin)

This took us months before we new we had a problem so be sure you test your new web launch with AdBlocks first

/J
    Iphone 6 release date

meraSEO, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Presumably, you changed the class token? Any problems since?

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  3. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It's nice of you to share this info here ;) I've never experienced such problem and probably would spend a lot of time wondering what's wrong if it happened to me :)

kenzo22, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can't say this surprises me -- what surprises me is that you noticed or has someone report it, since given what you've described for a site, sounds like something someone running an adblock wouldn't visit in the first place.

deathshadow, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  5. meraSEO

meraSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a recruiting agency with a joboffer list on it. Anybody looking for a new job is looking at this site. As a visitor you would consider the site a normal CMS enabled company page. Only internaly we call these webpages "ads" and that reflected the naming of the css class. Yes we just renamed the css class and our webpages are viewed 100% even though visitors may use AdBlock.

The lesson is: Dont name any part of a css element with the word "Ad" in any language because AdBlock will remove it.

meraSEO, Jun 6, 2014 IP
    PinoyEngineâ„¢ likes this.