1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are any of you making a living through blogging?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Soulwatcher, May 30, 2014.

I have been pouring over this website for a few days and it seems like everyone is trying to sell a get rich ebook. Are any of you making a living through blogging on content alone and not some get rich scheme?

Greg

Soulwatcher, May 30, 2014 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I blog for a living. There are a few of ways you can make a living being a blogger, but it depends on the niche you blog. I am an all-out blogger, meaning I blog about everything in general such as news, technology, science, celebrity, reviews, business, politics and many more so it's easier to make money that way rather than just one niche/subject.

Through my blog I make money by advertisements and affiliates. Affiliates is great for if you are making a review of something because when you are making a review on something like a Iphone then you put affiliate link for your readers to buy Iphone after reading your review. I would recommend Amazon Affiliate program as Amazon Affiliate program is best for products affiliating where Amazon have all of the products you can think of and make a commission from it.

Another best thing about blogging is that you have several people subscribe by e-mail where you will get their e-mail addresses for mailing list to do affiliate by sending out e-mail with affiliate.

So there are several ways to monetize by blogging but these are few of my methods to make a living through blogging.

Joshie, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    I owns blogs but managing the comment spam on them is a task taking time and now all comments are sent to 1 other person for review and very few of them are of value for blog.

jazzyjmnote, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  4. Solodisef

Solodisef Peon

Best Answers:
    I do that just put CAPTCHA

Solodisef, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  5. Veer#

Veer# Member

Best Answers:
    @Soulwatcher , once you got enough content on blog you can create an ebook out of it.

Veer#, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  6. eabuilder

eabuilder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Are you really making a living from JoshiesWorld.com? Not that it doesn't necessarily look like an income-flowing website, but I'm intrigued to know how successful is that for you. Nice donation page as well - the readers should know that you're paying thousands of dollars on servers every month and contribute somehow.

eabuilder, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  7. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JoshiesWorld isn't the only one though, keep that in mind I resell hosting privately so that's one of the income. At most I gave few of the people free unlimited hosting, because I guess my heart is too soft and I usually couldn't make myself to ask the clients to pay me for the host or such, so in a way the donation helps me to cover some of the people's hosting off the servers.

But JoshiesWorld does bring in good enough, almost three dollars per click through ads. Adsense take the most part of it, along with a bit of donation. Everyone knows me in the local (many family and friends visits them helps it, although most of they don't know I make money through adsense and some I warned not to click it because I am easily scared of being banned from Google Adsense since I am getting a good paycheck monthly).

Another one is the affiliate. That's probably one of the most reason that makes it successful aside Adsense, considering that I write some of reviews and some things if I recommend something then I use the affiliate links and that lures them in to use them.

So Adsense, Affiliates and donation (very small but it counts it) in the mix makes it a bit successful, but not to a point where I could easily afford to live in a mansion or something, just enough of paycheck to afford bills and the college students loan.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Joshie, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  8. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you generate revenue from joshiesworld? Hmm pretty cool.

elitesystem, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  9. Brand Builder

Brand Builder Member

Best Answers:
    There are thousands of ways to make money through blogging. It's up to you how maximize your skills. Trust me dude, you can make tons of $$$$$ by doing quality blogging.

Good luck!

Brand Builder, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  10. Seerooph

Seerooph Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm on my way to achieving this

Seerooph, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  11. GodsOwnWriter

GodsOwnWriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am just about to start working on my first blog. Even though I have a fairly decent idea of what I am getting into, I need all the inspiration that I can get. Content creation is what's sustaining me at this moment though! :p

GodsOwnWriter, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  12. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There a quite few ways to make money through blogging, my blog is GeekSays is doing well - it helps if your passionate about it and not just trying to make a quick buck.

ETA, Jun 23, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  13. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    I have been working as an internet marketer for many years and have always had lots of mini sites and managed websites for clients. At the beginning of the year we have decided to take our blog full time and while we build up our income we will carry on with a few select private clients. Blogging certainly is a great way to build an income.

We have also put more effort into content and have taken it from 18,000 page loads in January to 50,000 so far in June (as of 23rd) so content does work and it works well. It also has a lot of SEO positions and we plan to grow it further. The only marketing its had (because we are so busy) is social media and social bookmarking so it does show the results you can get from content.

My Weight Loss Dream, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  14. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are not the best money makers. Less than 1% of bloggers can make living through blogging, the rest is pure false claims. Though most of these 1% is making a huge investment to be able to make living. It is much easier to make money though ecommerce website, dropshipping, selling on ebay, providing services, etc...

kalseo, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  15. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been attempting to be rich by blog. I write some articles almost everyday. My earning money are from Adsense and affiliate market providers.

Michael Leng, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  16. My Weight Loss Dream

Best Answers:
    Well I doubled my ad network income by adding a skycraper for Yahoo's CPM service - I would give them a go as well to mix it up a bit.

My Weight Loss Dream, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  17. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    I gotta be honest with you. I've never been able to make a living with blogging. Have make a little extra money but never even enough to be able to renew hosting the next year. Got a free blog now and haven't made anything. So yea, i think it is possible to make some money with blogging. A career? Probably not unless u got something very very compelling and original.

CobaltBlue87, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  18. My Weight Loss Dream

Best Answers:
    Well it doesn't mean you wont.

I spent years as an internet marketer and decided that I would rather be a full time blogger so I am working on making that happen at the moment and my target is to be full time by Christmas. To be full time I will need to earn $5000 a month to live as comfortably as I do now.

First month I did $185 and did over $600 last month. So it can happen. Just think if you can make $20 you can make $200 and then if you can do that you can make $2000 and so on.

Here are my income reports if you want some ideas of how to do it:

http://myweightlossdream.co.uk/weightlossbloggers/category/income-tips/weight-loss-income-reports/

And good luck :)

My Weight Loss Dream, Jul 1, 2014 IP