1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Peanut Butter vs Nutella

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Laielady, May 27, 2014.

Classic peanut butter is my favorite, but an close recent competitor is the new spread Nutella. A lot of people seem to enjoy both but my personal favorite is the classic peanut butter. Everyone loves peanut butter (unless your allergic of course). Thoughts?

Laielady, May 27, 2014 IP
  2. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know why, but I really hate peanut butter. I would go for nutella :)

pilot35, May 27, 2014 IP
    Page3 likes this.
  3. designmakri

designmakri Member

Best Answers:
    I mix with peanut butter on one side and Nutella on other side. Because sometime its help good seo result. Having a peanut butter boost backlink powers too. I hope everyone try both. Its helps ranks. :D Good morning every one.

designmakri, May 27, 2014 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely easy question, my answer would be Peanut Butterr hands down!

Joshie, May 28, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nutella (a chocolate-flavored hazelnut spread) has been around for decades, at least here in the U.S. Since it was the only "chocolate" bread spread, I used to use it and often would combine it with either peanut butter or Marshmallow Fluff (or both) to make a pretty good sandwich. However, the taste was a weird chocolate to me probably because of the hazelnut base. Hersheys recently came out with their own chocolate spread that has nothing to do with hazelnuts or any other nut. It is just pure chocolate and it has become my favorite bread spread, either with Fluff or peanut butter or both. Worth checking out if your grocery store carries it!

jrbiz, May 28, 2014 IP
  6. xychonaut

xychonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate peanut butter but it seems peanut butter is a very healthy snacks. It contains healthy fats and nutrition. I've found many recent articles about peanut butter benefits. I think you are so lucky to have peanut butter as your favorite already.

http://www.healthambition.com/health-benefits-of-peanut-butter/
    http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/245438-health-benefits-of-peanut-butter/

xychonaut, May 28, 2014 IP
  7. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This guy really does not know what his talking about...

pilot35, May 28, 2014 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    give him a break man hahaha

anyway, I'll go for nutella because I love making nutella french toast. But, if it is not too much I would also like a Peanut Butter too! haha now I'm craving!

Patricia Ann Lee, May 28, 2014 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He *does* know what he's talking about. And what he's talking about is a sense of humor. You are a colorless personality free, boring twit. I'll just bet that you're the life of the party huh? Don't people know how to laugh in your native Malaysia? :p

Spoiltdiva, May 29, 2014 IP
    Patricia Ann Lee, jrbiz and ryan_uk like this.
  10. ShoeMaster

ShoeMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly i can't choose one. I switched up my peanut butter & jelly sandwiches to Nutella & peanut butter sandwiches :)

ShoeMaster, May 29, 2014 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep it up @designmakri hahaha :p I hope you can share some peanut butter boost! :p

Patricia Ann Lee, May 29, 2014 IP
  12. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Nutella, if I have money I would buy tons of BOTH :p

scurvy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  13. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nutella grosses me out. I much prefer peanut butter, but I like the one that is dehydrated where you add a little water and mix it up yourself. Normally dehydrated foods are inferior, but this stuff is great. It actually tastes like peanuts. After having that, regular peanut butter just tastes too oily.

My girlfriend is from New Zealand and likes something called Marmite, but it has to be the one from NZ. Apparently there is a European variety that doesnt taste the same.

Foxxy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, you just reminded me of my experience with Marmite. When I was in London last year, one of my British colleagues at the time brought me a jar of Marmite to take back with me. I had told her that I am always willing to try something new. She said to put it on buttered toast (and even better with a slice of tomato.) It was HORRIBLE. It is a yeast-based spread, if I recall correctly and I cannot describe the taste. Perhaps the NZ version is better, but it needs to be significantly different from the version I tasted.

Have never had dehydrated peanut butter. However, I will state again as I did above that Hershey's new chocolate spread is much, much better than Nutella.

jrbiz, Jun 4, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  15. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    They may not even be making the NZ version any more. Not sure. I know the factory was destroyed during the Christchurch earthquake some years back. I tracked down a jar at a local import store when I was in Vegas and thought I was giving her a nice surprise. After tasting it she put the lid on the jar and never opened it again (was the European stuff). lol. I remember the lady at the store telling me it is an "acquired taste", which was all I needed to know. They also sold something called vegimite.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Foxxy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  16. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    FLUFF?????
    Someone mentioned FLUFF????
    Got to be in New England.
    I remember growing up in Maine having fluffernutters all the time!

iowadawg, Jun 4, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use to see Marshmallow Fluff when I lived in Wisconsin. Have never noticed it anywhere else.

Foxxy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  18. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you want to delve into the "mites", then it will be a far more complicated discussion than peanut butter vs Nutella.
    My personal favourite is Promite, which is slightly sweeter than Vegemite and Marmite. Cult following. Awesome on thick white toast with a ton of butter.
    Next is Vegemite, pretty much the same as Promite, but less sweet, and a little saltier. Far more common than Promite.
    I could (and do) eat Vegemite and Promite straight out of the jar.
    Sunday morning hangover = finger in the Promite/Vegemite jar.

Marmite is a distant cousin. I know I've had it, but I don't think I've ever consciously bought it. I'll get some next time I'm shopping.

It's probably a good idea to have the Promite/Vegemite/Marmite trifecta.
    Basically, it's all the same stuff.
    Those YouTube videos of people daring each other to eat a spoon of Vegemite puzzle me.

Kerosene, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    Foxxy and jrbiz like this.
  19. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I hate Nutella for being toooo sweeet and having lots of artificial ingredients.
    I know, the peanut butter sold here in the States, has also lots of "taste modifiers", "improvers", preservatives, and other junk stuff, but still i vote for Peanut butter!

Karuna17, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  20. roberis

roberis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No offence but, is there really a point to this discussion? :))

roberis, Jun 5, 2014 IP